Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei Ascend Mate 8 Thread

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭simdan

The battery is unreal with this update, easily getting 2 days and sometimes 3 days use out of the phone now. It supposedly fixes notifications issues but I didn't really have any problems with that before hand

Wow, thanks! I keep checking for updates too. I'm on holidays on Saturday so will have to have a mess when I'm back if it hasn't been automatically updated by then..

Have to say, still loving the phone, runs so well. I'm still impressed with the battery but can't wait to update and take advantage of the additional battery life..

I finally got sick of waiting on the OTA update to come for my Mate 8 so I downloaded the latest update on xda

. If your model is not C636 you can still use this update but it will stop you from getting any future OTA updates. Install instructions

Tried it last night. Unfortunately it didn't work for me.. I do have the c636 although I have previously unlocked my boot loader and installed TWRP. It's not rooted, but the update kept failing. I think I need to re lock the boot loader and go back to the stock recovery..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

simdan wrote: »
    Tried it last night. Unfortunately it didn't work for me.. I do have the c636 although I have previously unlocked my boot loader and installed TWRP. It's not rooted, but the update kept failing. I think I need to re lock the boot loader and go back to the stock recovery..

Yeah mine is unrooted and it worked fine. Think I read somewhere on xda that even if you do get an update it uproots your phone?

Yeah mine is unrooted and it worked fine. Think I read somewhere on xda that even if you do get an update it uproots your phone?

I think it's because of the non standard recovery. Trying to put it back to stock as we speak :) Want this update!

Advertisement