Advertisement
Boards are fundraising to help the people of Ukraine via the Red Cross at this horrific time. Please donate and share if you can, you will find the link here. Many thanks.

Life is too short for bad coffee - The Off Topic thread

1323334353638»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ KnicksInSix

I have neither received an order I placed with SM on 26/11 nor its replacement posted on 18/12. I agree that both are more than likely in a pile in Portlaoise somewhere. It's a pity as pre-Brexit I enjoyed some of their single origins but I won't be ordering from the UK any more for this. They do have great customer service though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭ Hodors Appletart

Did they give a refund?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭ Hodors Appletart

Right an update on Square Mile

the replacement order turned up today, but it was tracked post so they must have taken the hit on that. I reckon the original will turn up eventually probably

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭ DaveyDave

Picked up 3 250g bags of single origin last week and somehow they misunderstood my whole bean request and decided to grind it for me. Didn't notice until I got home (from Cloud Picker so the bags are in boxes). It's ground for espresso but it's super dense. I can't use it. Anyone ever got a coffee shop to take something back? I'll message them and see if I can swap out the two unopened bags...

Even without tamping and only doing half a portafilter almost nothing is coming out.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭ dil87

I'm sure they'll rectify it for you if you did request whole bean. Coffee roasters are usually spot on for helping out their customers as much as they can.

• Advertisement
Advertisement