Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir broadband,tv,home phone,4g mobile €25

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Jay Dee

Hi,

Does anyone actually know what phone (s) they offer ?

Eir is too far away to call in...

Thanks

Jay.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭xECompanyx

I signed up for the 25eur month offer. I was out of contract with mobile and broadband/home phone so no issues. I am awaiting installation but I received the mobile handset. I signed for the more expensive mobile 400 package and received a HTC one m8s for free. As I have a nexus 6, I will be selling the htC

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Not really.. even basic €50-100 phones have 4G now.

And a lot of €50 -€100 phones are fairly hi-spec, as I said:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

xECompanyx wrote: »
    I signed up for the 25eur month offer. I was out of contract with mobile and broadband/home phone so no issues. I am awaiting installation but I received the mobile handset. I signed for the more expensive mobile 400 package and received a HTC one m8s for free. As I have a nexus 6, I will be selling the htC

Ha!
    Exactly what I was thinking of doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,667 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

And a lot of €50 -€100 phones are fairly hi-spec, as I said:pac:

Guess it depends on your definition of hi-spec.. even a Windows Phone will be a cheap plastic thing with poor specs. Android? Forget about it unless you enjoy laggggg :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Know of Eircom charging cancellation fee when transferring to another ISP even though customer out of contract. Then said a new contract had been agreed on the phone but couldn't release the recording to prove it and cited Data Protection. Buyer beware....

For things like this you really need to request either in writing, over the phone or both (best) an official complaint. They should have a dedicated complaints team to follow up on this. That team should be more tuned into complaints process than a sales team.. and therefore hopefully a more favourable outcome.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

Looking at landline, broadband and mobile offer.

These offers are advertised for new customers, any existing out of contract customers been able to get?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Guess it depends on your definition of hi-spec.. even a Windows Phone will be a cheap plastic thing with poor specs. Android? Forget about it unless you enjoy laggggg :p

So basically the only phone you consider high Spec is an overpriced iPhone which has a locked down ecosystem, won't let you use showbox or Kodi, force closes apps so you can't multitask, slows down your phone dreadfully after two years once you upgrade to the latest os and will brick your phone if you get it repaired by an unlicensed repairer.

So you're idea of high spec is the phone that's going to cost you the most money to buy and operate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

So basically the only phone you consider high Spec is an overpriced iPhone which has a locked down ecosystem, won't let you use showbox or Kodi, force closes apps so you can't multitask, slows down your phone dreadfully after two years once you upgrade to the latest os and will brick your phone if you get it repaired by an unlicensed repairer.

So you're idea of high spec is the phone that's going to cost you the most money to buy and operate.

Pretty sure he was saying if you pay 50 - 100 euro for a new phone (sim free etc), it's gonna be a shite build quality made with poor parts that break or degrade quicker than if you forked out enough for a decent phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

I bought this offer. Paid 400 for iPhone 6. Flogged my old iPhone 5s for 300 so in real terms new mobile cost 100. Service and product far exceeds Upc who could not provide/ would not provide broadband through out the whole semi-d house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Beautifully said! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,266 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I have a iPhone 6 worth 720 euro, my misses has the How-a-ya? y6 she got on Meteor prepay for 100 euro, there's not much difference between the two.

Er... where did I mention iPhone? I've never even owned an iPhone :p I actually fully agree they're overpriced, restricted fashion accessories rather than decent smartphones.

But the fact remains that certainly where Android is concerned, there are a lot of cheap handsets out there that are more painful to use than spending a bit extra for a mid-upper end Android phone (even a previous gen one in that bracket can be better than a newer cheap one). Windows Phone suffers this to a much lesser extent because the OS is better optimised and less bloated (well, until the arrival of Windows 10 for Phones but that's another issue)

But, someone mentioned they got a HTC M8 on this deal which is better than I was expecting. Oh and for the record, I've a Note 4 myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 mmmull

I was with Virgin Media and got sick and tired of their crap, so we're switching to this package. VM's internet equipment is rubbish, the Horizon box is laggy as hell and there's no slower and cheaper internet available than 240Mb which is €60. Their phone CS got really bad recently and I had to ring them several times to sort out rogue charges and battle contract extensions over replacement modems, moving homes and second lines in the house. They take every opportunity to lock you into another contract without saying so. Such a mess.

With TV we had a monthly bill with VM of €85 + €20 for mobile contract with Meteor for my girlfriends mobile. That's €105.
    With this package, we have an average of €60 per months for 24 months, effectively saving us €45 per month over VM. Now, the internet is slower, but we're more than fine with 100Mb.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,266 ✭✭✭✭ted1

mmmull wrote: »
    I was with Virgin Media and got sick and tired of their crap, so we're switching to this package. VM's internet equipment is rubbish, the Horizon box is laggy as hell and there's no slower and cheaper internet available than 240Mb which is €60. Their phone CS got really bad recently and I had to ring them several times to sort out rogue charges and battle contract extensions over replacement modems, moving homes and second lines in the house. They take every opportunity to lock you into another contract without saying so. Such a mess.

With TV we had a monthly bill with VM of €85 + €20 for mobile contract with Meteor for my girlfriends mobile. That's €105.
    With this package, we have an average of €60 per months for 24 months, effectively saving us €45 per month over VM. Now, the internet is slower, but we're more than fine with 100Mb.
    You won't get 100mb unless you live right beside the exchange. Also the TVs use up some bandwidth so your down again.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭breeno

25 x 12 = 300
    92 x 12 = 1104

Total over 24 months - 1404
    Total average per month - 58.50

That's a great price for a quad offering including 4g and fibre.

Why don't they just package it as €58.50 per month on a 2 year contract. So much more appealing and then also doesn't have the rather large outlay of €92 pm in the second year :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 48 mmmull

ted1 wrote: »
    You won't get 100mb unless you live right beside the exchange. Also the TVs use up some bandwidth so your down again.
    Fair enough. They tested it and said we should get up to 90Mb. That's more than enough for us. If speed and quality is not to our expectation, then we sure will use our cancellation period and crawl back to VM.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Jesper

Eir = Eircom.

I wouldn't go near them if it was free. Personal experience has been absolutely disastrous. I can't convey my frustration with the product during my time with them (new house install). Hard to understand until an issue arrives but it will be all to apparent then.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

As someone who has Eir tv,phone and broadband can I cancel my package and sign up again? I have the option to cancel this month due to the price increase. Has anyone tried this?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭feet of flame

I signed up for their €25 a month, 24 month plan on Feb 4th, free phone (Nokia Lumia 640) arrived 2 days later and I have heard nothing since. How long were people waiting to see an installation technician? My contract with Virgin is still active until March 6th so not too bothered yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Jesper wrote: »
    Eir = Eircom.

I wouldn't go near them if it was free. Personal experience has been absolutely disastrous. I can't convey my frustration with the product during my time with them (new house install). Hard to understand until an issue arrives but it will be all to apparent then.

New house install as well. No problems at all for the last year.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

FYI, don't forget the €100 cashback as well, which has another week left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

Jesper wrote: »
    Eir = Eircom.

Precisely what I was going to post. They are an absolute nightmare to deal with if anything goes wrong or when they try and swindle you into a contract by offering "free" tv or something.

Absolute nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Monkeyjoe

breeno wrote: »
    25 x 12 = 300
    92 x 12 = 1104

Total over 24 months - 1404
    Total average per month - 58.50

That's a great price for a quad offering including 4g and fibre.

Why don't they just package it as €58.50 per month on a 2 year contract. So much more appealing and then also doesn't have the rather large outlay of €92 pm in the second year :confused:

I actually like what these companies are doing. They always increase their prices within 12-18 months anyway so you can cancel at no cost.

Been with Virgin for 10 months for €25 (BB\Horizon Max and Phone). That goes to 85 in April. Needless to say I'm cancelling that and will get something new. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Scottie99

NetNinja wrote: »
    Same experience. Continued to get billed after a line cancellation. Phone call after phone call trying to ensure the line was cancelled. Assured it was. Continued getting bills. Then they got a collection agency involved. Eir / Eircom can rebrand and change their name all they want but customer service is STILL appalling

At that point you should have got the regulater involved

Scottie99 wrote: »
    At that point you should have got the regulater involved

The regulator can do nothing in this country except ensure that the company deal with your complaint.. however, what they do is up to them.

Source: Had to involve Comreg twice myself on repeated billing issues with emobile a few years back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

The regulator can do nothing in this country except ensure that the company deal with your complaint.. however, what they do is up to them.

Source: Had to involve Comreg twice myself on repeated billing issues with emobile a few years back.

From my experience Comreg offer nothing more than having the likes of eircom on speed dial. They simply ask the company to deal with the issue but have no interest in trying to change the behaviour of these companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭dohboy

If I've learned anything off Boards it's that Eir are terrible, Virgin are a joke, Vodafone a rip-off, Sky an awful shower, Magnet plain useless, and Digiweb are gangsters.

It's best just to have no internet and live in a cave.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Sky have been amazing for me. Left them 2 years ago after 10 years to go to eircom because it was cheap. Biggest mistake ever and went back to sky with my tail between my legs and they gave a great price and service. I still have nightmares about the shocking eircom service and I wouldn't go to them if it was free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

I currently have Eir, I've had them just over 2 years and I had TV with them for one year. The TV was grand, nothing amazing about it but worked well.

I've never had a problem with their fibre, although I'm only getting about 35 Meg download speed but I can stream HD with that.

Their billing is shocking though, make sure you keep an eye on it every month as its usually all over the place. I was charged 10 euro per month for a while but obviously didn't say that but I was overpriced on numerous occasions.

Advertisement