Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir broadband,tv,home phone,4g mobile €25

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

No offence, but you'd want to be mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Soarer wrote: »

Care to elaborate, can't be worse then Virgin or is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Soarer wrote: »

service crap?

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭DavidJC

24 month contract.. so it's €92 per month for a whole year after - no way out! No thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

online exclusive price of €25 (normally €30) a month for the first 12 months for new customers, thereafter €92 a month.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

As a recent refugee from Virgin Media due to mmds ending, I had to get a new TV provider. I signed up for eir fibre and evision with a couple of multi room boxes. I can honestly say the service has been top notch, from the quality of the service itself, to the installation person, as well as the customer service people. Never any queue to speak with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    service crap?

Seriously? You know who eir previously were?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Seriously? You know who eir previously were?

anti-santie?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Once you pass 24 months, you may find it difficult to cancel with them. I had serious issues with them. Spend extra for a better service imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Once you pass 24 months, you may find it difficult to cancel with them. I had serious issues with them. Spend extra for a better service imo.

Who would you recommend?

I am done with upc/virgin their customer service is a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

online exclusive price of €25 (normally €30) a month for the first 12 months for new customers, thereafter €92 a month.

A quad play package with virgin media costs more than €92 a month anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,266 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Rubbish, just send them a mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Average of €58.50. Not bad for four-play. Sky or Virgin cannot match it anyway. It may be of interest to people who have pretty good fibre, as its needed for Eirvision.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

If you consider the aggregate cost per month, it looks like a good deal. They're also giving a "Free 4G" phone with it, anyone know what phones are being offered here? In the tv ad for this offer, the phone they illustrate looks to be a Samsung Galaxy S5 (Could be completely wrong here)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Roy_Keane16

I rang them yesterday to switch from virgin media to eir. They told me to order a phone line package so they can see if eir fibre can be ordered. (Depends on speed). It takes up to 6 days to know if you're compatible for eir fibre after the phone line is established. Then if they can offer eir fibre bundle you can only order a bundle package as an existing customer and not a new customer. Only found this out today when I rang to change the installation date. Think ill cool off and stick with virgin media. Bad experience with eir so far. The sales team weren't clear on any of this. The ppl I've spoken to were directing me to online chat option because they didn't know the answers. Terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

Care to elaborate, can't be worse then Virgin or is it?

I've no experience of them. It's the price in the second year that makes me ill.
    Wanderer78 wrote: »
    service crap?

Must admit I never had an issue with Eircom over the 6 years I was with them.
    delly wrote: »
    As a recent refugee from Virgin Media due to mmds ending, I had to get a new TV provider. I signed up for eir fibre and evision with a couple of multi room boxes. I can honestly say the service has been top notch, from the quality of the service itself, to the installation person, as well as the customer service people. Never any queue to speak with them.

Don't know about their tv service (isn't it all just free to air channels?), or how it impacts on the Internet speeds, but I never had an issue with their broadband or fibre service. As a matter of fact, I'd have no problem recommending them based on my experience.
    Average of €58.50. Not bad for four-play. Sky or Virgin cannot match it anyway. It may be of interest to people who have pretty good fibre, as its needed for Eirvision.

That's the thing.
    €60 per month for a quad service is very good. But going from 12 months @ €25 per month to 12 months @ €92 per month is a right kick in the stones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭seanin4711

magentis wrote: »
    Looking at changing providers myself saw this earlier.

https://www.eir.ie/bundles/#eir-tab-accordion__active-phone|eir-tab-accordion__selector4

€25 a month for 12 months.
    I know it goes to full price after that,but I still think its a good offer.
    They also include a mobile by the looks of it.

90 a month after a year!
    Eir eircom whatever crap customer service!company!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Janey Mack

Zonda999 wrote: »
    In the tv ad for this offer, the phone they illustrate looks to be a Samsung Galaxy S5 (Could be completely wrong here)

It would be a great deal if that were the case but the free handsets are very basic models.

https://www.eir.ie/mobilebundles/viewhandsets

• Registered Users Posts: 23,266 ✭✭✭✭ted1

What stopped me from changing was that they can't offer a 2nd PVR BOX

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

Zonda999 wrote: »
    If you consider the aggregate cost per month, it looks like a good deal. They're also giving a "Free 4G" phone with it, anyone know what phones are being offered here? In the tv ad for this offer, the phone they illustrate looks to be a Samsung Galaxy S5 (Could be completely wrong here)

Asked them about a 16GB 6, price was 500/600 range

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Afaik they dedicate a certain amount of your broadband speed to provide the TV service.

I have efibre and my mobile with them for 2 years now and I ve never had a problem. Only time my broadband was down was when a kn technician accidentally disconnected me, got a month free to make up for that.

Found their cs fine they sorted some issues I had with devices being booted off the WiFi and they are no way near as bad as some other service providers.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

This. I had serious trouble with them a few years ago. I was out of contract, phoned to cancel and was told to write a letter to a particular department. It couldn't be done via email. It had to be a posted letter!! Then they sent me out a new modem without asking for one, which if I accepted renewed my contract. Then when I tried to switch to sky they couldn't do it because eircom had a "hold on the line" meaning they were my new internet providers waiting to set it up. It took about 6 phone calls to sort the whole thing out. They were a nightmare to deal with. I only hope eir don't have the same bad habits!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

ted1 wrote: »
    Rubbish, just send them a mail.

They won't cancel with an email they want a bloody written letter to some office in dublin that can never find said letter when you send it, easier leave ISIS.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

have this about a month or so - no problems across the services - 25 a month is great value for year 1, am thinking year 2 is just comparable

just getting used to the new tv programming format coming from sky is strange, on cancelling they weren't even able to match the price for the tv service to €25 a month

can stream on pc and have tv running at same time with no issues

looked for samsung s6 mobile handset and was offered it for €250 or so which i declined but can go after again, took the alcatel idol 4.7 inch screen and liking it so far

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Know of Eircom charging cancellation fee when transferring to another ISP even though customer out of contract. Then said a new contract had been agreed on the phone but couldn't release the recording to prove it and cited Data Protection. Buyer beware....

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Know of Eircom charging cancellation fee when transferring to another ISP even though customer out of contract. Then said a new contract had been agreed on the phone but couldn't release the recording to prove it and cited Data Protection. Buyer beware....

Well I transferred to another provider when my contract was up. No cancellation fee and I have a credit of €31.00 in my account. Have bunged off an email to them for the refund.

Janey Mack wrote: »
    It would be a great deal if that were the case but the free handsets are very basic models.

https://www.eir.ie/mobilebundles/viewhandsets

There are no phones shown on that link, or indeed anywhere on the Eir site. You have to go to an Eir shop to see the phones.

The phone supplied in that offer has to have 4g. So at least it will be fairly high-spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭NetNinja

They won't cancel with an email they want a bloody written letter to some office in dublin that can never find said letter when you send it, easier leave ISIS.

Same experience. Continued to get billed after a line cancellation. Phone call after phone call trying to ensure the line was cancelled. Assured it was. Continued getting bills. Then they got a collection agency involved. Eir / Eircom can rebrand and change their name all they want but customer service is STILL appalling

• Registered Users Posts: 28,666 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I took their TV/fibre/landline offer last year and the TV was extremely poor - the box frequently complained that it wasn't connected to the registered broadband (it was) leaving me with no TV at all until a few reboots eventually sorted it out for a while, would get very hot, the EPG was slow and unresponsive, channel quality was relatively poor and things I'd asked to be added/removed required several calls.

In the end I downgraded to JUST their fibre (which does work fine to be fair) and got rid of the rest (who needs a landline these days anyway if you're a domestic customer).. although they still haven't picked up the TV box months later and they screwed up the billing of the new agreement which took 2 months to sort as well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,666 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

The phone supplied in that offer has to have 4g. So at least it will be fairly high-spec.

Not really.. even basic €50-100 phones have 4G now.

Advertisement