Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington - 3 Time Major Winner/Ryder Cup Captain/US Senior Open Champion 2022!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,403 ✭✭✭boardise

Just saw in the paper that Padraig gave 'a gift of golf clubs' to Tubridy on the Late Late Show. For the love of God has he gone soft in the head ?

He gives a gift to a guy who's been earning around a half million euro a year for years.

Yes , Padraig probably does a lot of socially beneficial work upfront and behind the scenes but really this particular act is a nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Just a symbolic gesture. It was like when U2 gave gaybo the motorbike

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭srfc d16

I'm sure wilson were happy to foot the cost of a close up of their gear on the most watched tv show in the country if Padraig asked them to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

Went up the other evening but only open between 11-5. Looks great very hilly will give it a go soon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Gay used to ride motorbikes, I just can't picture Tubridy swinging a Golf club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭abff

Jaysus. Fair play to Padraig for making the cut in the PGA. But that’s some opening 9 holes. 8 over for the outward 9. 😱

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Dreadful conditions. Got a few shots back on the back 9 and a lovely chip in on 18 from off the green. Legend.

Yes. Great comeback to cover the back 9 in minus 3 after that disheartening front 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭big_drive

Is there any way of being able to watch Harrington tonight, in the senior PGA?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Buttros

Red button on sky sports golf if you have that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭big_drive

I use Now tv on my phone or laptop. Don't think I can get Red button coverage on those , feck it

I see that Padraig has birdied the last to get into a play off. Is there any way of keeping in touch with what’s happening? The PGA Tour website doesn’t appear to be providing any real time updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Dev1234

The tournament twitter page has updates and video clips

The twitter page is saying that Stricker has won. Although a few minutes previously, it was saying that the first play off hole was halved. I presume that the more recent comment is, unfortunately, the actual position.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,663 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I'd say Harrington is sick of the sight of Stricker at this stage!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭newport2

I was watching it. Disappointing. In fairness, Stricker deserved it. His wedge play was amazing and he stuck to his plan. Harrington didn't play well on the back nine, bar a few flashes of brilliance.

It’s been a bad run for Padraig against Stricker, but I don’t expect it to continue. Watch this space!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Video going on the socials at the moment of Harrington hitting a spectator on the head and after acknowledging that giving him a signed glove wasnt enough, dips into his wallet and gives the guy a few hundred dollars to buy himself and his wife dinner. Nice touch.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

..and a bit fat wallet that was too!!!! (I mean literally, it was jammed with stuff)

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Great to see Padraig make another cut in a major.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,898 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Have to assume Luke Donald had to be seriously looking at Padraig for the Ryder Cup?

He's playing well in majors for at least a couple of days, hitting the ball as far as most and doing real well on the senior tour.

First Ryder Cup I properly watched was '93 and Ray Floyd was playing for the US and he was around 50 then.

Imo Padraig is definitely good enough to play 3 matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Count Dracula

He has a terrible Ryder cup record, he has never won a singles I don't think?

His greatest strength is his scrambling and his resolve. I will love it if he gets top 10 tonight.

I reckon Fowler has to go for it, full tango suit and if he can play like when he won the players he has a chance. He has been there all weekend.

It looks like a great track.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭Martin567

He actually won his first three Ryder Cup singles and then lost the next three.

Overall points record is 10.5 out of a possible 25.

Very unlikely to be picked this year though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Generally speaking, players that are used 3+ times in the first two days end up with a terrible singles records, not sure of Paddy's use over the first few days but I'd say would be high given his popularity and scrambling ability

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,129 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

On the verge of the most amazing run to hopefully get over the line with a win...7 under from holes 12 to 17

Par on 18, Els needs a birdie on last

• Registered Users Posts: 8,507 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Els puts his second in the bunker

• Registered Users Posts: 8,507 ✭✭✭Speak Now

And Els bogeys, nice title defence for Padraig

• Registered Users Posts: 3,403 ✭✭✭boardise

Played the last 10 holes in 31 ...must be only a glorified pitch and putt course.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭johannmall

MOD EDITED

Post edited by slave1 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,663 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

What a back 9,super stuff.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Advertisement