Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington - 3 Time Major Winner/Ryder Cup Captain/US Senior Open Champion 2022!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

absolutely not to be sniffed at….I was surprised it was that low myself for a major but when you consider he’s earned over half a million already this year from just 5 tournaments, its not bad going……I haven’t checked it out but has he earned that much in a season on the pga in the last few years? He’s going to clean up on the champions tour and as soon as he makes gets a breakthrough win, many more could follow…..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,104 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

He earned over half a million for his T4 in the PGA Championship last year alone.

So not a bad 12 months for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Mac_Lad71

He has moved up to 7th in the latest champions tour standings with earnings of over half a million dollars from 5 events.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,774 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Nice warm up fourball

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

That was a bit of an outlier in the last few years though on the pga tour to be fair….he’s averaging 100k per tournament on the champions tour so my point is that he looks like he’s going to make a lot more money on the champions tour compared to what he normally makes (top 5 in major last year aside) on the pga tour….it’s no surprise though as he can mix it with the best of them still on his day as shown by the pga last year and he’s no 1 in driving distance which is a big advantage obviously….shame the champions tour isn’t more accessible on tv though….

Post edited by MarcusP12 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Mental how much money they make on the champions tour. Who watches that shite?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭dublin49

I was thinking recently the first prizes are modest,hadnt really paid much attention to it till Paddy started playing but 1st Prizes around 300k is way off the 1.5 mill available on the main tour .The big difference though is the reduced field ,allied to a good few players of older vintage that are no longer competitive,so really its a shoot out between around 30 guys with Newbies like Haro making decent money every visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭abff

Anyway, back on the main tour this week. If Phil could win it last year …

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

What's a real eye opener is that the money was pretty much the same as the DP World Tour, Sam Horsfield took home about €300k this week for winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭boardise

We didn't have long to wait for the trademark double bogey.😄

• Advertisement

That’s a bit unkind! But it does put him on the back foot. Birdied the next, but bogeyed the fourth and only parred the par 5 fifth. Looks like it will be a struggle to make it through to the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Mac_Lad71

I read somewhere that this is his fourth week in a row teeing it up after three champions tour events so that was bound to catch up with him at nearly 51 years old.

I'm the same age as Harrington and struggle to play 18 two days in a row 🙄.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Padraig's in striking distance for his first senior major this year. Interesting how he's racking up the seconds like he did in his early days on tour.

Needs a good round today, but expect him to be fully in the mix tomorrow. Still think he can take over from Langer as the guy who hangs around and lasts the longest each week on the Seniors circuit.

Not sure we'll ever have another Langer, crazy that he only ever won 2 majors!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Not the best of days for Padraig. 6s on each of the last three par 5s and a couple of other dropped shots plus a couple of birdies. 3 over for his round and tied 22nd with one hole to play.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

One shot lead at the halfway mark for Harrington at the US Senior Open. Been a while since he's had a win, be nice to pick up his first as a senior at a major.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,212 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

If anyone has access to the Golf Channel, they're showing Harrington now. 7 ahead, likely to go further ahead with those behind going to drop shots

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Eaglebridie 32

2 bogeys in the last 4 holes. 5 ahead with a round to go. Els is 7 behind; Stricker 8 behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭daithi7

Harrington leading by 5 going into the last day of a (senior's) major.

Go Padraig!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

He seems to be very comfortable in all aspects of his game right now and a win here will set him up nicely for a run at the Open.

180mph driver, 167 mph 3 woods, 260 yard 5 woods for Eagle, and hitting his irons as good as I've ever seen him. Jaysus he could follow Mickelson and win a major in his 50s

• Registered Users Posts: 6,160 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Are sky sports showing this later?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Extensive highlights also on YouTube

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Have the golf channel so probably will be on that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭big_drive

To watch Sky sports I use Now TV, can I get the red button on that to watch Harrington?

Coverage just started now on the golf channel. Looks quite breezy there and Padraig -11 after 1 hole and still 5 clear.

Bogeyed the second and lead down to 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

Watching on Sky Sports. Why no sound from the course, ffs? Same for everyone?

Advertisement