Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington - 3 Time Major Winner/Ryder Cup Captain/US Senior Open Champion 2022!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,895 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

abff wrote: »
    I wonder is there any chance they might give Padraig the special invitation that Phil was going to get?

I do recall Ryder Cup captains getting invited to some tournaments in the past, not sure about Majors though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭abff

Seve OB wrote: »
    I do recall Ryder Cup captains getting invited to some tournaments in the past, not sure about Majors though

I think when the PGA Championship was in August they used to invite both captains.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Lovely to see, great to see the comradery between him and Lowry, his comments about Mickelson were telling, but I think you can feel that through the TV

What did he say?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

It could be a long day, two doubles and a triple in his first nine holes.

Padraig is playing in US open qualifying this week. Be nice to see him make it through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Neewollah

Padraig is playing in US open qualifying this week. Be nice to see him make it through.

Did he not get a US open and masters ticket for his performance in USPGA?

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

2022 I think

Neewollah wrote: »
    Did he not get a US open and masters ticket for his performance in USPGA?

Just the Masters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭green123

Lovely to see, great to see the comradery between him and Lowry, his comments about Mickelson were telling, but I think you can feel that through the TV

What did he say about Phil?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Tiger Roll

Very strong field for today's us open qualifying for Harrington. But 16 spots in the us open available .

• Advertisement

Live scoring here https://www.usopen.com/qualifying/final/columbus-ohio-brookside-the-lakes.html#!&tab=results

Padraig is due to tee off at 3:50 this afternoon.

abff wrote:
    Padraig is due to tee off at 3:50 this afternoon.

I think that's his second round tee time . He went out at 7 50 am local time . Unfortunately play was suspended for storm warning an hour ago

Tiger Roll wrote: »
    I think that's his second round tee time . He went out at 7 50 am local time . Unfortunately play was suspended for storm warning an hour ago

No, that was his first round tee time. 7:50 am local time equals 3:50 pm Irish time.

I guess it remains to be seen what time he will actually tee off.

I’m just wondering if that link is faulty. It shows 5 players as having completed 9 holes, with the rest of the field yet to tee off. That doesn’t make any kind of sense.

abff wrote:
    No, that was his first round tee time. 7:50 am local time equals 3:50 pm Irish time.

It's a 5 hour time difference in Ohio

Sorry - my mistake. There are two golf courses called Brookside - one is in California, the other in Ohio, which is where Padraig is scheduled to play. So he should have teed off 3 hours ago.

It looks as if they allowed those who had already teed off to complete their first 9 holes. I’ve never seen that happen before. Or maybe they only record scores online when players reach the half way mark?

They always seem to only update scores after 9 holes . I saw a Twitter video from the golf channel ,there is very heavy rain there and lightning around
    Update . Harrington had 5 pars before suspension of play

Tiger Roll wrote: »
    They always seem to only update scores after 9 holes . I saw a Twitter video from the golf channel ,there is very heavy rain there and lightning around
    Update . Harrington had 5 pars before suspension of play

Thanks. Where did you manage to find an update? I've been googling without success.

abff wrote:
    Thanks. Where did you manage to find an update? I've been googling without success.

abff wrote:

He tweeted that himself during weather delay

Harrington one over through 9 holes .

• Advertisement

Looks to be on the cut off mark when play was suspended due to darkness. -1 for his first round and -5 for the first 15 holes of his second round.

Might need one more birdie in the last 3 holes to be sure of his place.

Padraig was unable to finish his second round yesterday due to weather delays. He is currently shown as 4 under after 15 holes, but missing the scores from holes 10 and 11, so this may not be correct. Looks like at least 6 under and possibly 7 or 8 under will be needed to make the top 16.

Finished on 5 under and looks likely to miss qualification by 1 stroke.

Missed out by 1 unfortunately. If he had scored 6 under, he would have been in a six way tie with four spots available and the other 2 becoming alternates. Not sure how they determine who gets through on a tie - is it a playoff or some form of count back? Not that it matters, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Innish_Rebel

Missed out by 1 unfortunately. If he had scored 6 under, he would have been in a six way tie with four spots available and the other 2 becoming alternates. Not sure how they determine who gets through on a tie - is it a playoff or some form of count back? Not that it matters, anyway.

Pretty sure it is a play-off from reading John Feinstein book "open" about bethpage... (Cracking read by the way)

Padraig turns 50 at end August. Has he said anything about whether he plans to play in the Champions Tour after the Ryder Cup?

I reckon he’d be pretty competitive, but maybe he’s not quite ready to give up the regular tour?

Really strange round in progress from Padraig today. 5 birdies, 8 pars and 2 double bogeys after 15 holes. Probably needs another birdie to make the cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,871 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Interesting round from Padraig, after a good first round 66 at the wyndham followed with a second round 76 including 6 pars, 5 birdies, 4 bogies, 2 doubles and a treble!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 17,871 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Makes his debut today on the champions tour. Tees of at 14.50.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,725 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Paddy was on the No Laying Up podcast yesterday. I haven't listened yet but sure to be good when Paddy's talking.

https://pca.st/ye35ckns

Advertisement