Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Italy v England - Match Thread

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Kruis has been excellent today.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Italy are tiring badly

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

This scoreline is flattering to England. Italy should have kept it much tighter even with all the injuries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

The tiring happened mentally with the intercept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Joseph !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,215 ✭✭✭ongarite

We are going to get destroyed by England if we let me run at us from a broken field situation.
    Joseph incredible again.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 robinmgp

Poor Italy!!

The introduction of Care has made a lot of difference

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Lovely try there in fairness. Such a strong bench to bring on

Ben young is Motm?

Seriously?

Ffs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,191 ✭✭✭✭Buer

BBDBB wrote: »
    Ben young is Motm?

Seriously?

Ffs

I always am suspicious about dubious MOTM awards. There's a significant betting market for it and the decision usually rests with a pre-determined co-commentator with the host broadcaster.

There's nothing to stop them telling their mate to put a lump on 2 or 3 players and, whichever has the best game, will get the nod which should result in a nice profit.

I don't doubt you, but I won't go that far.

I will say that I hope youngs plays against us, he is pedestrian at best

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Buer wrote: »
    I always am suspicious about dubious MOTM awards. There's a significant betting market for it and the decision usually rests with a pre-determined co-commentator with the host broadcaster.

There's nothing to stop them telling their mate to put a lump on 2 or 3 players and, whichever has the best game, will get the nod which should result in a nice profit.

Thought the same myself when I heard it. Even if you take away and gambling links, you have the possibility of trying to give it a club mate (Kay at Leicester), a possible client if they're in that aspect of the game or just awarding it for lolz like Corrigan did at Thomand Park years ago.
    When you have vans voting you get Launchbury vs Australia scenario, no ideal way of doing it, just nod the head and move on really.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,191 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Even the studio are completely incredulous about the MOTM choice. "Off the wall" according to EOS about the decision.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,196 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Did Youngs not score or make tries against the last two times we played?

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭English Lurker

To extend last week's metaphor, this week I found out instead of the package I'd been hoping for, I got some action movie sequel; slow and ropey intro, lots of explosions at the end, just like the one before that and the one before that and I ended up kinda rooting for the villains as they were more fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,484 ✭✭✭swiwi_

To extend last week's metaphor, this week I found out instead of the package I'd been hoping for, I got some action movie sequel; slow and ropey intro, lots of explosions at the end, just like the one before that and the one before that and I ended up kinda rooting for the villains as they were more fun.

Don't be harsh on yourself. Your bench was excellent. The new lad itoje hit a mountain of rucks, care was excellent and George gave an offload to make SBW drool.

Your 10/12 is not working though nor is you starting loose forward trio balanced.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Advertisement