Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Italy v England - Match Thread

Options
  • 14-02-2016 2:50pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Nobody seems to be doing these so.... here....?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Is it half two ko?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

Stheno wrote: »
    Is it half two ko?

2pm

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Stheno wrote: »
    Is it half two ko?

2 o'clock according to RTÉ.

I haven't watched any of RTÉ's in studio stuff this year, 15 minutes today was all I could take before muting it.

It's great to see a shake up of panelists but yer man O'Brien is painful. He was talking about conversion rates on 1st down in the opposition 22, I thought ROG was going to punch him.

Then he suggested if Ryan had put that hit on a French 10 we'd all be sitting around today saying how great it was. O'Shea looked appalled.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,190 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Then he suggested if Ryan had put that hit on a French 10 we'd all be sitting around today saying how great it was. O'Shea looked appalled.

He's a poor presenter who allows his personal opinions competely colour his work and regularly digresses into his own punditry.

• Advertisement

Buer wrote: »
    He's a poor presenter who allows his personal opinions competely colour his work and regularly digresses into his own punditry.

It's like he doesn't even listen to what's being said. A bit like Cooper on TV3 in that respect. They were talking about yesterday's match and how there were a lot of annoying things happened, 2 possible yellows etc. but ultimately Schmidt can only look at the things that were in our own control. To which O'Brien replies "so you're saying it came down to the 2 yellow cards and that's it." :rolleyes:

Anyway... Italy v England.

Ben Youngs said yesterday they've been "given permission to play". Let's see how that goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Man, Italy have been playing some lovely stuff. I can't wait to see what Conor O'Shea does with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,070 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Italy very good start

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Great start by the Italians, Eddie Jones comments seemed to have got their dander up

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Great pressure so far from Italy so far. Hopefully they can keep this intensity up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Camagnaro has gone up another three notches in my book for losing the scrumcap, the hair and that tackle on Farrell.

Still trying to work out why Ford is starting for England.

This fixture is tailor made for his style but he has been a passenger so far.

Still trying to work out why Ford is starting for England.

This fixture is tailor made for him but he has been a passenger so far.

Jones has been spared having to make that Ford/Farrell decision but once Slade is fit again it'll be interesting to see who he goes with.

Farrell thought he was being sent off there when going for HIA. He's either concussed or gotten so used to it he just assumed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,602 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Looks like we didn't give Italy enough credit last week.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,121 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Silly mistakes cost Italy points. Same old same old

Italy decimated by injury in this first half. Not what they needed at all

Italy running out of players, bench will be empty soon

Haskell putting in some great hits.
    Italy need Zanni back on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,602 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Garcia was great for 30 mins.

• Advertisement

errlloyd wrote: »
    Garcia was great for 30 mins.

The beard... Been much better since he grew that

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

that was stupid from Cole

Strange for Italy to go for line out instead of scrum there

Farell stole a good yard or two for that kick there, miles ahead of Jackson.

razorblunt wrote: »
    Haskell putting in some great hits.
    Italy need Zanni back on.

An unfairly criticised player. He's probably one of the most consistent players in English rugby over the past decade. If it wasn't for his few years abroad, he would be a contender to make 100 caps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

wp_rathead wrote: »
    that was stupid from Cole
    That's what they will write on his head stone

• Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I find myself saying this every time I see Italy, but Campagnaro is a magnificent player.

An unfairly criticised player. He's probably one of the most consistent players in English rugby over the past decade. If it wasn't for his few years abroad, he would be a contender to make 100 caps.

I'd agree with the unfair criticism but he was very flaky when younger. Becoming Wasps captain was the making of him really.

Only half watching this but England look a bit like us yesterday in that they're trying to pass it and run it but ultimately they're not executing it.

• Advertisement

Just saw the ITV panel at half time, nicely balanced.

Advertisement