Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show - 13th. February 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Monkey off the back

Frog in the throat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

Ah there was a monkey on his back, I knew there was something wrong.. I would have guessed a cat digging it's claws in to his head but a monkey on his back would certainly explain it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Or...

L7jH1UZ.gif

Needs more washtub wenches alright - and about five million other things.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Ok so I am no musical expert. And I have no ear for music :(

So I will take all your feedback on about his actual singing.

But I liked the song, and the performance, and Nicky.

Go Ireland!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 72,115 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

:eek:

Negative criticism!

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Heckler wrote: »
    ooouch there. Live vocals coming through. Instantly forgettable
    What was? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Hold on to your hats folks. I'm going to predict the future. Nicky isn't going to win the Eurovision this year. Night all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

amdublin wrote: »

Go Ireland!!!!!!

Everything about it was awful

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭sudzs

"never heard of it"

mudder of god..... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

The state of Ray's face there about your man giving a bit of constructive criticism. Nicky had the decency to take it on board.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Ryan Tubridy looks like Johnny Carson compared to Ray Darcy.

He's no good, but he has a small bit of interest in the interviewees and slight awareness of their emotions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Another painful show for the love of God bring Brendan back!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,883 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

It sounds exactly like the songs you get on boyband albums where they have one or two famous songs and they need to squeeze out 10 more to fill the album, complete and utter fluff.

Go Ireland!!!!!!
    Louis?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,111 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I think it went well.... i'll have to listen back to it.... lol wait till he hears how out of key he was :D

I thought he was slightly shaky (or nervous) at the start but was fine by the first chorus.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

He's like a perfect little popstar. like a little Ken doll "Popstar Ken"

:)

I agree. He's plastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭darlett

Ha-Delighted actually yon chap gave him feedback. Bit stationary! Fair play to him. Didn't like to hear that did he.

There was nothing in that song that an up and comer couldnt do but sure what ever. He might do better cos of who he's been part of. And if he doesn't sure at least we'll know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭darlett

Ha-Delighted actually yon chap gave him feedback. Bit stationary! Fair play to him. Didn't like to hear that did he. A bad mover always blames his stage. Or something.

There was nothing in that song that an up and comer couldnt do but sure whatever. He might do better cos of who he's been part of. And if he doesn't sure at least we'll know.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

Jeysus how obvious is Ray looking at his cue cards. While talking to mcSavage he even pretnded to scratch his head so not to make it obvious he was reading it. Does Ross or Norton even use cue cards

• Registered Users Posts: 72,115 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Crisis for Nicky...

He actually has to think about MOVEMENT on stage! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

I'd say Ray's pissed, as it's the first yr he hasn't travelled to it, you don't think he had anything to do with our chances in winning :rolleyes:;);)

Skid X wrote: »
    Ryan Tubridy looks like Johnny Carson compared to Ray Darcy.

He's no good, but he has a small bit of interest in the interviewees and slight awareness of their emotions.

Such a bad state of affairs when DLB starts looking good compared to someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

The state of Ray's face there about your man giving a bit of constructive criticism. Nicky had the decency to take it on board.

D'Arcy seems to like trying to humiliate people. Obviously the thing to do there was make it all flow right as any normal person would in any social situation like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

Ok so I am no musical expert. And I have no ear for music :( So I will take all your feedback on about his actual singing.

He just doesnt have the experience as a singer. No matter how RTE try to sell it, he's NOT a hugely experienced singer. He's never been a front man, always just oohing and aaahing on the backing vocals. Shane Filan was a great singer, he never missed any notes. Missed a few notes on paying back the mortgage payments alright, but never on any of the Westlife choons.

Strazdas wrote: »
    I thought he was slightly shaky (or nervous) at the start but was fine by the first chorus.

no he sounded like he couldn't hear himself in his monitors at all, I know I was taking the mick but it was awful and it really did appear to me like he couldn't hear himself, that or he really is that bad :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Go Ireland!!!!!!

I actually respect your music expertise since the Robert Palmer thing.....or have I just dreamed that whole thing

• Site Banned Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Second Toughest in_the Freshers

darlett wrote: »
    Ha-Delighted actually yon chap gave him feedback.

couldn't understand a word inandoutthedoorsandgiddyup

Crisis for Nicky...

He actually has to think about MOVEMENT on stage! :D
    Brings out high stool. Sorted :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

e5708917da44b33d9b09ae28ead4ca31.jpg

Poor Simon, I'd say he was talking himself down off the ledge that evening.

Ray's probably just said to Simon, " I'm good with keyboards, mind if I have a go!"?"..

• Advertisement

I actually respect your music expertise since the Robert Palmer thing.....or have I just dreamed that whole thing

What was the Robert Palmer thing?! I think you might have dreamt that!

Advertisement