Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mutant HD2400 Quad Tuner Combo Box - Sky Replacement Thread

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭dubrov

I am at a loss with the latest screenshots.
    It looks like you are in Favourites.

Could it be that you are at some crazy high number way down the favourites bouquet.
    Try clicking 1 and then OK or 100 and then OK.
    It might help enabling channel numbering in the user interface menu.

Maybe something went wrong with your BlueHD skin installation.
    I'd try and reinstall it through the GUI as opposed to via FTP.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

How do I do that? THE ALM said I should "go into setup - crossepg and force a reload and exit out of that, when you hit guide hopefully you have you favourites epg." but I don't see a reload button or is that the same as the "Download" option?

Look at me attempting to answer my first question ever :P

My understanding is as follows:-

Saorview is terrestrial and therefore uses a DVB-C/T type tuner (the type you are considering throwing in) whereas Saorsat is indeed a Satellite service you would receive using the satellite DVB-S type tuners but (and it's a big but) Saorsat is broadcast (if that's even a correct terms when talking about signals from satellites) from a different satellite than the UK FreeSat and Sky channels so you would need one dish pointing to the FreeSat satellite and another pointing at the Saorsat satellite or a motorised dish which could switch between the two. Another issues (as I understand it) is there may not be a way or it may be very difficult to get a single combined 7 day EPG for the FreeSat and Saorsat channels.

Marks out of 10 for this answer???

Oops, I just deleted my question as I didn't want to clog up your thread. Was gonna send a PM, and only afterwards I saw there was a couple of replys! :o

When I said to reload the bouquets, there was 2 things I was talking about.
    When you go into the channel list (I press "UP" on my remote), you then press the blue button to go into bouquets. Then select your Favourites again.
    On my box, as I think yours as well, you can also press the "Menu" button while in the channel list or bouquet list, and it'll give you some options, like to purge deleted bouquets and rename and delete existing ones etc.
    If I was you I'd start messing about in there. If you don't mind recreating your Favourites, I'd delete everything from within that menu, and then go back in and select Purge Deleted Bouquets, as that will properly delete them. Otherwise they'll come back on next boot. And then create your favourites again.

I'm not saying thats the solution, but its worth a try.
    There might be other options in there as well that might help, if you don't wanna delete everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Look at me attempting to answer my first question ever :P

My understanding is as follows:-

Saorview is terrestrial and therefore uses a DVB-C/T type tuner (the type you are considering throwing in) whereas Saorsat is indeed a Satellite service you would receive using the satellite DVB-S type tuners but (and it's a big but) Saorsat is broadcast (if that's even a correct terms when talking about signals from satellites) from a different satellite than the UK FreeSat and Sky channels so you would need one dish pointing to the FreeSat satellite and another pointing at the Saorsat satellite or a motorised dish which could switch between the two. Another issues (as I understand it) is there may not be a way or it may be very difficult to get a single combined 7 day EPG for the FreeSat and Saorsat channels.

Marks out of 10 for this answer???
    Almost correct:)
    It is possible to combine satellite, Saorview and/or SaorSat or whatever into your own favourites list and therefore display the combined EPG for those favourites. Saorsat is in a different part of the sky but it is possible to fit 2 LNBs to a single dish and use a DISEQC switch to select the required LNB.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭54and56

Almost correct:)
    It is possible to combine satellite, Saorview and/or SaorSat or whatever into your own favourites list and therefore display the combined EPG for those favourites. Saorsat is in a different part of the sky but it is possible to fit 2 LNBs to a single dish and use a DISEQC switch to select the required LNB.

Check out the big brains on Gerry :D

I defer without reservation to your greater knowledge Gerry, I am a very small fish swimming in a very large pond filled with some very knowledgeable and thankfully very helpful fish.

Now, time to scoot off home so I can watch my beloved LFC in the Europa Cup at 6pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Trust me, not all that long ago, this was all a foreign language to me also :D
    Thanks to the infinite patience and generosity of many Boardies, too numerous to name individually, I'm gradually getting the hang of it. That's the beauty of these forums (fora?)

• Advertisement

OK, now time to check out the big brains (more likely the big ears!) on Jean :D

Not quite sure it's my Eureka moment but got home and decided to do another Factory Reset and instead of trying to include Saorview channels which I can't get a decent signal for (getting an external Ariel fitted now moving up my to-do list) either via ABM or manually I decided to run the wizard, didn't do a network scan, set up ABM but only for FreeSat and used Dubrov's custom XML file, set up CrossEPG, made sure Menu->Setup->System->Channel selections->Show channel numbers in channel selection is set to "yes" and set the skin to Blue HD using Menu->Setup>System->User Interface->Skin Setup and the result is more or less what it should be i.e. a fully populated Sky style EPG with the channels in the order of Dubrovs XML file. It seems that The B Man's instructions "When you go into the channel list (I press "UP" on my remote), you then press the blue button to go into bouquets. Then select your Favourites again." was the piece of the jigsaw I was missing.

Check out the results

dbjomf.jpg

eq1bwy.jpg

The only remaining problem (given the objective is to achieve a basic sky like setup with auto EPG and channel tuning via ABM) is that I still can't get channel numbers to show in the EPG despite having the option chosen in the settings menu as you can see below

ay8rxz.jpg

So, major progress all of a sudden (after a full week of trying) and I'm feeling good.

I'd like to get the channel numbering issue sorted just to get the basic set up complete and then move onto organising the time shift feature followed by getting an external Saorview ariel in place so I can complete the setup.

a big Thanks to you all for your patience to date. I'm far from finished with you though so please keep patient with me as I keep climbing this learning curve.

And LFC have just scored a penalty. How good can this evening get??? :P

Thanks to the infinite patience and generosity of many Boardies, too numerous to name individually, I'm gradually getting the hang of it. That's the beauty of these forums (fora?)

Couldn't agree more.

eq1bwy.jpg

How did you get your EPG to look like that?
    Mine is a horrible black yoke, despite having the same BlueHD skin.

The_B_Man wrote: »
    How did you get your EPG to look like that?
    Mine is a horrible black yoke, despite having the same BlueHD skin.

Not tellin ya. I am a taker in life. I come in here to soak up everyone elses info and then I scuttle away under my own rock and keep my own little secrets to myself :P

I followed the instructions on this post from an Edison Optimuss OS3 plus forum where I also trawl for info - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=98665547&postcount=624

It's basically download the IPK file from https://www.dropbox.com/sh/83hp06hcng0fvrr/AABFhgjbb-O5Q1qqkPNubEC_a/Skin?dl=0 and then FTP it to /var/volatile/tmp after which you can install via Menu->setup->VIX->Install local Extention

Look at me giving advice and everything :cool:

Ah so its a customised BlueHD skin! Nice one.

Will try it later when I get home. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭codar

They're actually two different skins created by different authors (kiddac - slyk 1 Hd and rossi - blueHd) although they look very similar.
    An easy way to tell em apart is top left of pic, one has "blueHd" and other has "slyk1"

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭codar

oops, double post.

Apologies for dragging up this thread again but does anyone know why World of Satellite don't seem to be selling the Mutant HD 2400 any more? They were all guns blazing promoting it as the best thing since sliced bread a few months ago when it was launched and now no sign of it on their site at all???

Advertisement