Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap MXQ Box !

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 49 Rugbymad96

zefer wrote: »
    What make/model is it?

Pm me and I'll check it.pressune it's the new one as I only got it two weeks ago and it's still in the box

• Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭dodzy

I've been getting MXQs for quite a while. Initially from Asia but the gamble with customs and the 4 week wait pushed me towards Amazon. 5 day turnaround and no customs hassle. I have noticed that the Amazon offerings are markedly heavier than the chinese offerings. I know they all originate from there, but the build quality, and most likely components used differ greatly from one supplier to another. €46 for a MXQ with Rii keyboard for €46 from a 'no messing around supplier' is about as good as you're likely to get when quick shipping is required.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

dodzy wrote: »
    46 for a MXQ with Rii keyboard for €46 from a 'no messing around supplier'

Got a link for the MXQ + Rii keyboard for €46?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭mel123

dodzy wrote: »
    I've been getting MXQs for quite a while. Initially from Asia but the gamble with customs and the 4 week wait pushed me towards Amazon. 5 day turnaround and no customs hassle. I have noticed that the Amazon offerings are markedly heavier than the chinese offerings. I know they all originate from there, but the build quality, and most likely components used differ greatly from one supplier to another. €46 for a MXQ with Rii keyboard for €46 from a 'no messing around supplier' is about as good as you're likely to get when quick shipping is required.

Can you post the link please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

unkel wrote: »
    Nope.

VAT = €0.00
    Duty = €0.00

As long as the value of the goods incl shipping / insurance is below €22 no VAT is due

Linkylink

Revenue don't seek payment of VAT liabilities of €6 or less, so factoring that in it brings the value of goods you can import up to €26. VAT @ 23% on €26 comes to €5.98.
    2. Non-collection of Small Amounts of Import Charges

Where the customs duty on a consignment of goods amounts to less than €10 it will not be collected. Similarly, VAT liability amounting to less than or equal to €6 will not be collected. No similar rule applies in the case of excise duty which will always be collected if the goods are liable to excise duty.

http://www.revenue.ie/en/customs/leaflets/pn1179.html#paragraph2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stanley1

off topic i know but Amazon fire stick with standard remote comes in at about 45 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭tramoreman77

Is mx q the best for the price of the boxes u can buy,I might order one of these tomorr

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 49 Rugbymad96

Is mx q the best for the price of the boxes u can buy,I might order one of these tomorr

Pm me ur u interested in a Mxq box

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Rugbymad96 wrote: »
    Ive got a fully loaded brand new box for €50 and will personally delivery it free of charge.just pm me
    zefer wrote: »
    What make/model is it?

These can be bought on Aliexpress for around €27. Even if caught for VAT it would be aound €33.50. I've seen a few places in Ireland selling these at totally rip off prices. Some companies even having them branded with their own logo and selling them for up to €150.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Duiske wrote: »
    These can be bought on Aliexpress for around €27. Even if caught for VAT it would be aound €33.50. I've seen a few places in Ireland selling these at totally rip off prices. Some companies even having them branded with their own logo and selling them for up to €150.

Service charge is €7 on top of that and probability of getting caught would be 90% plus.

T-Bird wrote: »
    Service charge is €7 on top of that and probability of getting caught would be 90% plus.

No way is there a 90% chance of being caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭Invincible

So true!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

if you use DHL or the likes there is.

Its definitely below 30-40% with snail mail, never been caught yet and have 30-40 items received at this stage.
    I've had a few get lost, get refunded for them only for them then to show up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

RossieMan wrote: »
    if you use DHL or the likes there is.

Do not use DHL for anything from China.

If your supplier in China doesn't specifically list the shipping cost on the invoice they use their current Ireland to China price for a similar package to calculate the applicable VAT.

See here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057541915

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Depends on where you based I guess. I'm based in Sligo and everything this and last year has been checked, opened and have asked me for receipt of they did not find include invoice in package.

All of it was via snail mail. Dublin and other busy regions may not check all post yet. There is simply too much money being lost by the revenue and they are taking action to deal with it.

T-Bird wrote: »
    Depends on where you based I guess. I'm based in Sligo and everything this and last year has been checked, opened and have asked me for receipt of they did not find include invoice in package.

All of it was via snail mail. Dublin and other busy regions may not check all post yet. There is simply too much money being lost by the revenue and they are taking action to deal with it.

I've stuff from aliexpress arriving regularly, at least once a month. Most have been under the limit, all have been marked as gift or worth a few euro and I've never had one opened. Some were big enough packages too despite being cheap things, as big as the box for a phone or one of these boxes anyway.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

styron wrote: »
    Hoverboard and usual China delivery issues aside - TomTop look very shifty.

I saw this offer on Facebook and their thread was full of complaints. People saying they were second hand/refurbished boxes. And that was backed up by one guy who said when he got his it had someone else's facebook account logged in! Lots of complaints about them constantly locking up or totally dying after a matter of days. Wouldn't go near them!

I've ordered a few of the new MXQ pro quickplays with the S905 chips, 2ghz, to check them out. Hoping to move to them if they are reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Del007

Blade wrote: »
    I saw this offer on Facebook and their thread was full of complaints. People saying they were second hand/refurbished boxes. And that was backed up by one guy who said when he got his it had someone else's facebook account logged in! Lots of complaints about them constantly locking up or totally dying after a matter of days. Wouldn't go near them!

I've ordered a few of the new MXQ pro quickplays with the S905 chips, 2ghz, to check them out. Hoping to move to them if they are reliable.

How much was that box?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭dawnied

I chanced ordering this when I saw the post, it wasn't dispatched until the 26th February and has arrived today, haven't tested it yet but looks fine so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭canhefixit

Could someone recomend one of these boxes please

I havent a balls about them, i assume they turn your telly into a smart telly via your wifi

I seen nowtv boxes few days ago for only £10 but didnt no if they do the same job or were they a subscribstion thing

Also a mate has a sky tv streaming box thing he can airplay from his tablet to the telly for movies, can all these streaming boxes do that>

Cheers

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Del007 wrote: »
    How much was that box?

The MXQ Pro Quickplay was USD 39.43 after a 5% discount code I found somewhere for Geekbuying. Great boxes, very happy with them. The other MXQ Pro's don't appear to have bluetooth or gigabit Ethernet which this does and is only about $2 more, so well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭mel123

The MXQ Pro Quickplay was USD 39.43 after a 5% discount code I found somewhere for Geekbuying. Great boxes, very happy with them. The other MXQ Pro's don't appear to have bluetooth or gigabit Ethernet which this does and is only about $2 more, so well worth it.

Ive been looking at some kind of android box for ages, analysing them too much!!
    So ive just bought one of these, barely read the spec, but sure they all do more or less the same job.
    Thanks for the tip!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

This arrived to me today with a 2 pin EU plug.
    Any recommended converters that will stop this bursting into flames?

I picked one up in euro general for 1.50€

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

yeah i just use a shaving adapter type for all of mine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

This arrived to me today with a 2 pin EU plug.
    Any recommended converters that will stop this bursting into flames?

If it's a usb cable or micro sub us a branded phone charger

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭corks finest

canhefixit wrote: »
    Could someone recomend one of these boxes please

I havent a balls about them, i assume they turn your telly into a smart telly via your wifi

I seen nowtv boxes few days ago for only £10 but didnt no if they do the same job or were they a subscribstion thing

Also a mate has a sky tv streaming box thing he can airplay from his tablet to the telly for movies, can all these streaming boxes do that>

Cheers
    P.m. me ,if near Cork, I got a box fully loaded, warranty, guy looks after his clients, and can remotely update/programme etc,I highly recommend, and can personally vouch for him,I've annoyed his balls with different questions etc,took it all in his stride,and 7 months on is still looking after me

deckie27 wrote: »
    If it's a usb cable or micro sub us a branded phone charger
    Someone's been drinking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

I appreciate we have an android forum, but trying to get a definitive answer to the below and thought I would try here.. any thoughts ? thanks

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/M9-KODI-S905-...EAAOSwvgdW4XZb

it seems to be the 9+ is this a new version ?
    Also I wanted to ask what is the real advantage of 2gb ?
    I know this is only 1gb would I be better off with the 8+ version with 2gb or this one ?

Clearly I am lost here, so any help would be greatly appreciated

Advertisement