Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paul O'Connell retires

Options
2»

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,122 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Giant of a man, irreplacable

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Such a disappointing way to finish his career, but what a career! We have been lucky to have him. I hope he has a long, happy and healthy life ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Blackclaret

I hear the BBC have nabbed him for a pundit , Sat in Paris.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

I hear the BBC have nabbed him for a pundit , Sat in Paris.

they announced that during coverage last saturday that he would be there for the ireland game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

A legend of the game and d Ireland's greatest forward and leader. However, the true measure of the man is the esteem he is held in by anyone who has ever had any dealings with him. I don't think you'd find anyone who has a bad word to say about him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

Really sorry he didn't get his adventure in France. I'm sure he was looking forward to it and this decision must have been gutting for him. It was such a serious injury, he must have known for some time that this was coming.

We have been so lucky to have seen him play for Munster and Ireland. Absolute legend of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Truly one of the best players to ever have put on a jersey never mind a green one.

The one thing about him was whenever he was named on the team sheet you always thought we had a chance of beating whoever we were playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Billysays no

Was chatting with my son about one poc this evening. We agreed poc could do anything. Maybe his rugby career is terminated early. Could you see poc leading a sales team. The guy inspires. There is no limits to somebody like him. Its a shame that his rugby career ended with such a horrible hamstring tear but the world is his oyster. He is and and always will be a leader and inspirational figure. With elections coming up if he filed his candidacy he would be our tasoiseach a few weeks from now. U may think I joke. I do not. He is everything that is good about being Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭penybont exile

One of the greatest players I've ever seen ...... And I've seen a few over the last forty years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Billysays no

Having done a lot of churchgate collections for orphan kids in Africa I can assure Paul that to go on a Mary Robinson type of tour ain't where its at. She has disappeared under the mire of international politics. Start local. Deal with the flooding (the misery of the folks along the shannon is beyond belief), work on homelessness, drug usage amongst our kids and work your way up. There is no butt-kicking on the international scene. Just a slow death.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭English Lurker

One hell of an exponent of the game, both on and off the pitch. I hope his life goes on to be as happy and successful after rugby as it was during it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭LorMal

Having done a lot of churchgate collections for orphan kids in Africa I can assure Paul that to go on a Mary Robinson type of tour ain't where its at. She has disappeared under the mire of international politics. Start local. Deal with the flooding (the misery of the folks along the shannon is beyond belief), work on homelessness, drug usage amongst our kids and work your way up. There is no butt-kicking on the international scene. Just a slow death.

I think you perhaps missed the point of that article, innit?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭Xenophile

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Xenophile wrote: »

Cracking myself up listening to the backlog of those :D Completely forgot they exist

Advertisement