Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland v All Blacks, Chicago, 8PM, Nov 5th, eirSport 2 + BT Sport2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭rsh118

its_phil wrote: »
    Wow I knew Kiwi's were friendly and liked Irish rugby, but never knew they liked it that much....

:pac:

A lot of kiwis keep in touch with their Irish roots...

I'll get me hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭The Black Stags

rsh118 wrote: »
    I cannot tell you how many pats on the back or head I got from kiwi colleagues when discussing Irish rugby. They look at us quite affectionately.

Affection generally does not mean that we often run them close or give them tough games. We also got to regularly discuss numbers like sixty.

Yeah, I was out there a couple of months after that match that never happened. They like us just fine, many of them have roots from here (plenty of documentaries you can watch on it) and walking around some of the towns; Palmerston North to name drop one - it feels like home. The signs and streets all kind of look the same as here, they have the same feeling to them.

We really haven't won their respect though in rugby terms. Really the only team that has - and that it's generally held as being acceptable to lose to is the Springboks. But they have a long history and rivalry together.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,270 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Aus too, if you could call it respect, and France.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭zambrotta11

Has anyone heard anything more about when the tickets for this game will be available?
    The Rugby Weekend website said they were going on sale 1st April and I signed up to the newsletter but I haven't heard anything yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Just got an email, public sale begins Thursday April 7th.

However none of ye can buy tickets until I've bought mine. Thank you.

• Advertisement

How much did you get flights for? I am looking for an excuse for a holiday...

How much did you get flights for? I am looking for an excuse for a holiday...

€574 return but I had Avios to burn against that.

I was in Chicago last year. Great places to see and great deep dish pizza. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

I was in Chicago last year. Great places to see and great deep dish pizza.

You can get them down your local centra :P

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,270 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

What's in Chicago besides wind and stodgy pizza and al capone and William The refrigerator Perry?

Not a place that ever appealed to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

case885 wrote: »
    You can get them down your local centra :P

No no no my friend. I've been to Chicago. The deep dish pizzas there are a different animal all together.

635928938776040901779483650_chicago-deep-dish-pizza%20%281%29.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Bazzo wrote:
    No no no my friend. I've been to Chicago. The deep dish pizzas there are a different animal all together.

You're right, you wouldn't see the slices floating in the centra spec pizza :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

What's in Chicago besides wind and stodgy pizza and al capone and William The refrigerator Perry?

Hot dogs

• Registered Users Posts: 13,072 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

A rugby club, thankfully :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,105 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Bazzo wrote: »

635928938776040901779483650_chicago-deep-dish-pizza%20%281%29.jpg

That thing is a blasphemy :p

I've been able to get access to this pre-sale. I have a relative with a citi card. USD 33 to USD 267 (not including ~ 18% service charge and taxes!).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

I've been able to get access to this pre-sale. I have a relative with a citi card. USD 33 to USD 267 (not including ~ 18% service charge and taxes!).

When do they go on general release?

When do they go on general release?

Thursday

Just be aware that if you can't send the tickets to a US address then you have to collect them at the ground with ID/Passport and the card you used to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

Thursday

Just be aware that if you can't send the tickets to a US address then you have to collect them at the ground with ID/Passport and the card you used to pay.

I live stateside so I'm safe enough on that score.

I just have to persuade herself that this is a good idea!

The presale code for the chicago bears season tickets holders is just chicagobears
    I took a guess and got lucky so I have my tickets sorted already!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

The presale code for the chicago bears season tickets holders is just chicagobears
    I took a guess and got lucky so I have my tickets sorted already!

Stupid question but is there the same restriction as Citi cardholders or can you print them off after you pay?

Stupid question but is there the same restriction as Citi cardholders or can you print them off after you pay?

You have to collect the tickets at the box office like the citi presale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Guess those citislickers aren't so great after all

For anyone considering the Friday match between US and NZ Maori, be aware that Toyota Park is very out of town.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭JonnyF

cheers buddy, got my tickets sorted now. won't be able to get to a computer at 4 so was worried I'd end up with awful seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭MRG77

The ticketmaster website doesn't seem to be working for lap top. Working ok on mobile though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,072 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

MRG77 wrote: »
    The ticketmaster website doesn't seem to be working for lap top. Working ok on mobile though.

We were on the Cliffs of Moher when we booked ours and found the website to be the horrors. Worth it in the end; got some excellent seats. All that's needed now are the flights and to not dump the Missus before then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭techdiver

MRG77 wrote: »

I'm just looking at tickets for this now and am seeing the same thing.

I get an error searching for normal sale tickets on the desktop site, but mobile works fine.

Crazy price ranges though! $267 to see what amounts to an exhibitions game!! :eek:

Also, ticketmaster us takes the complete piss with charges:

Standard Tickets US $87.00 x 1
    Tax US $1.09 x 1
    Facility Fee US $3.00 x 1
    Service Fee US $12.10 x1
    Subtotal: US $103.19
    Order Processing Fee US $5.35 Tax US $0.00
    Total charges US $108.54

25% in charges!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭circos

techdiver wrote: »
    I'm just looking at tickets for this now and am seeing the same thing.

I get an error searching for normal sale tickets on the desktop site, but mobile works fine.

Crazy price ranges though! $267 to see what amounts to an exhibitions game!! :eek:

Also, ticketmaster us takes the complete piss with charges:

Standard Tickets US $87.00 x 1
    Tax US $1.09 x 1
    Facility Fee US $3.00 x 1
    Service Fee US $12.10 x1
    Subtotal: US $103.19
    Order Processing Fee US $5.35 Tax US $0.00
    Total charges US $108.54

25% in charges!!!

The extra charges is what really got me angry. I don't mind the standard price of the tickets but the extras on top are just robbery. Facility, service and order processing fee? WTF...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Kick off times just got confirmed for Eagles v Maori and New Zealand v Ireland.

USA vv New Zealand Maori on November 4th kicks off 1am irish time at Toyota Park and our game on the 5th kicks off at 9pm irish time

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement