Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland v All Blacks, Chicago, 8PM, Nov 5th, eirSport 2 + BT Sport2

Options
  • 05-02-2016 12:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

World Rugby has officially sanctioned this match so it's going ahead...

It's in Soldier Field, i.e. the NFL stadium.

NZ Maoris play the USA the day before, also in Chicago.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Toyota Park on Friday, Soldier Field on Saturday!

For those of you who would like a week over there, I saw Dublin to O'Hare via Heathrow return on BA for around €460 return for midweek flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,604 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Just checked the cheapest return flights to the states for November, the cheapest is direct to LA, wtf.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 ed06

Flights booked!!! Any idea when tickets will go in sale? Official announcement in Soldier field today!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

World Rugby has officially sanctioned this match so it's going ahead...

It's in Soldier Field, i.e. the NFL stadium.

NZ Maoris play the USA the day before, also in Chicago.

Ooh tempting. Very tempting.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,276 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

this is the day we break that hoodoo !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I was at an NFL game there this year, nice stadium, right in town. Weather wasn't too cold when I was there (early December) so heopfully we'd get similar weather this year.

If the weather is bad though there isn't a whole lot of protection from the elements, and $9.50 for a can of miller lite had me doing my drinking outside before and in the pub after.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

I'm eyeing this one up big time. Plotting away big time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Ireland by 30. You heard it here first.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭rsh118

swiwi_ wrote: »

In the first half ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

All our injured should be fit by then. It's to keep the rest fit is going to be the problem.

My hope is since the majority of kiwis do not rate us at all (seriously AT ALL), they'll field a side slightly undercooked or experimental and yield our first ever win against the ABs.

That would bring glee to my life and finally make us less the cute team that so many people support 2nd because we're quite nice and fairly harmless.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Runs?

Runs?

No, it's actually a Gaelic Football match in Chicago. So Swiwi means Ireland 4-20 New Zealand 1-9.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,972 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

You mean we're giving them a 30 point head start? Could make it interesting.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    You mean we're giving them a 30 point head start? Could make it interesting.

I've suggested before that handicapping could be useful for games against tier 3 nations but hopefully we're not there yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭swiwi_

rsh118 wrote: »
    My hope is since the majority of kiwis do not rate us at all (seriously AT ALL), they'll field a side slightly undercooked or experimental and yield our first ever win against the ABs.

That would bring glee to my life and finally make us less the cute team that so many people support 2nd because we're quite nice and fairly harmless.

We have Ireland, Italy, Ireland, France.

Realistically, Italy will get the 2nd XV.

But come on, you want to beat the full strength side, otherwise what's the point...?!

But come on, you want to beat the full strength side, otherwise what's the point...?!

I will take what I'm given :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,604 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Its a pretty shameful thing to put in writing, but monkey off back is the point.

Once we've done it once, against anyone on any day, it'll get easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭Melodeon

Here's the official website:
    http://www.therugbyweekend.com/

• Advertisement

If NZ ran so low on players that Tane Randall was put in the centres and Sean Fitzpatrick at 10 and we beat them, I'd still be delighted.

Monkey off back, then beat the ABs every time (because this is the Schmidt era).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 63 ✭✭Cronin The Destroyer

I think we should scupper the Six Nations and just concentrate on this game. Keep the players rested like. Six Nations is a second tier tournament anyway :P The Maori won't know what's hit em when McFadden comes a runnin'.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Earliest matchday thread in history? :D

Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭nc6000

A nice little jolly for Tommy while he's out injured.

CbXpTYlWIAIJWgb.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

A friend is selfishly getting married that day.

razorblunt wrote: »
    A friend is selfishly getting married that day.

Well he won't be there till late then...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Any idea which TV station has rights to this game?

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭The Black Stags

You'd be surprised how many All Blacks get their first cap against Ireland - really rather telling.

You'd be surprised how many All Blacks get their first cap against Ireland - really rather telling.

I cannot tell you how many pats on the back or head I got from kiwi colleagues when discussing Irish rugby. They look at us quite affectionately.

Affection generally does not mean that we often run them close or give them tough games. We also got to regularly discuss numbers like sixty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

I cannot tell you how many pats on the back or head I got from kiwi colleagues when discussing Irish rugby. They look at us quite affectionately.

Affection generally does not mean that we often run them close or give them tough games. We also got to regularly discuss numbers like sixty.

Wow I knew Kiwi's were friendly and liked Irish rugby, but never knew they liked it that much....

:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement