Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tottenham vs Watford - 3:00 KO

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Eh, pen?

Should have been

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

That's a peno, clear as day

Gomes " The Octopus"

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Ali on for Chad?

Delighted for Trippier, he's having an amazing game

• Advertisement

At Last. I'm tripping now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

That cross was perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭prodsc

Lets continue to pummel them and get a few more..they have to tire.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,747 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

When was the last time we were standing 2nd in the league after xmas?

Inquitus wrote: »
    When was the last time we were standing 2nd in the league after xmas?

Careful...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Livescore says we've had 13 shots on target. Is that right?

Whatever about our performances, Gomes is man of the match, outstanding keeping

Please don't concede..at least. Prefer another 1

ziedth wrote: »
    Livescore says we've had 13 shots on target. Is that right?

Yeah, would be right, Gomes having a great game

• Registered Users Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

On a side note, Defoe just smashed one in against Liverpool to make 2-2.

Yes I make Gomez MOM😨

Thank fek

Sixth consecutive win in all competitions.

Exciting times.

City A
    Swansea H
    W Ham A
    Arsenal H
    Villa A
    Bournemouth H
    Liverpool A
    United H
    Stoke A
    W Brom H
    Chelsea A
    Southampton H
    Newcastle A

Ok now it's safe to ask, when was the last time we were 2nd or higher in the top flight after xmas and new years?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

2nd in February? It's official I'm beginning to believe.

Ok now it's safe to ask, when was the last time we were 2nd or higher in the top flight after xmas and new years?

Never in my experience

ziedth wrote: »
    Never in my experience

I wouldn't imagine it's within my 40 year lifetime.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Yes!!! these games are getting more nervy haha, onto the next one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Martin567

I wouldn't imagine it's within my 40 year lifetime.

Back in 1985, Spurs only missed out on 2nd place right at the end of the season. They were battling Everton for top spot until well into April.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I think we were 3rd in Jan or Feb in 'Arry's last season, when he started flirting with the FA over the England job. But don't think we got up to 2nd.

Ormus wrote: »
    I think we were 3rd in Jan or Feb in 'Arry's last season, when he started flirting with the FA over the England job. But don't think we got up to 2nd.

I thibk that was the Season Defoe was a toe short of scoring a last min winner v City and they went up the other end and scored a penalty. I think I'd memory serves me right winning that game would have has us near enough second (certainly a win away)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Another confident and dominant performance. There appears to be a great work ethic, team spirit and belief among the players. Great to see.

We reduced Watford to nothing from an attacking side. Plus Watford have kept it tight at the back all week. It was always going to be tight, from that perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Another confident and dominant performance. There appears to be a great work ethic, team spirit and belief among the players. Great to see.

We reduced Watford to nothing from an attacking side. Plus Watford have kept it tight at the back all week. It was always going to be tight, from that perspective.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,695 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

ziedth wrote:
    I thibk that was the Season Defoe was a toe short of scoring a last min winner v City and they went up the other end and scored a penalty. I think I'd memory serves me right winning that game would have has us near enough second (certainly a win away)

Correct. If he was an inch longer we'd have been 2nd and gods knows from there.

Advertisement