Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today, mark 3 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,588 ✭✭✭tossy

ba_barabus wrote: »
    It's a badge from the US version of the Coupe. Can't remember what Its called though

Really ? I only spotted it in traffic, any more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

It’s called the genesis in America.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

I learnt to drive in a Hyundai coupe. Thought it was quick at the time, 2l and about 140bhp. That was until an Evo was behind me one day. There was a car in front of me that was driving slowly enough. When the opportunity came to pass, before I could change down a gear the Evo was already around the pair of us. That was about 15 years ago and I remember it so well. Never seen anything move like it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

vintagevrs wrote: »
    I learnt to drive in a Hyundai coupe. Thought it was quick at the time, 2l and about 140bhp. That was until an Evo was behind me one day. There was a car in front of me that was driving slowly enough. When the opportunity came to pass, before I could change down a gear the Evo was already around the pair of us. That was about 15 years ago and I remember it so well. Never seen anything move like it before.

Sometimes, when in the Z, I forget what I'm driving... Drop into 2nd to overtake some vehicles once concluded with a rapid overtake and 2 very visible and audible backfires from the exhausts. The Evo may or may not have the same characteristic... :cool:

Ever since then, I've been hooked on the idea of ALS on the Z and I'm working on it :o

*Yes, I know what it does to the turbos/engine and no, I'm not wiring in a hard cut limiter

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

*Yes, I know what it does to the turbos/engine and no, I'm not wiring in a hard cut limiter

Yeah, because that’s what everyone here was thinking :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Yeah, because that’s what everyone here was thinking :pac:

Before all the google warriors come back saying this that and the other! :P

You should know all about pops and bangs when you had the RX8 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Terrible pic but a Bentley Continental GT I think in Listowel

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Shpud2 wrote: »
    Terrible pic but a Bentley Continental GT I think in Listowel

Yeah that is definitely the square in listowel I practically grew up there most exotic car's back in my day were the odd Celica or prelude gte manta..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,444 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Spotted in Marlay Park

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,444 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Spotted in rainy Biarritz recently

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

0_BDF0440-_AA84-4686-_A50_F-_ED572_A209_D48.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

This afternoon in Cavan
    455210.jpeg

Sounded lovely starting up and driving off

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

colm_mcm wrote: »
    0_BDF0440-_AA84-4686-_A50_F-_ED572_A209_D48jpg

I remember sitting in them in a motor show down in Millstreet when they were new.

Are they any good? I like the thought of a Toyota of some sort as a weekend play thing next.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

I had one, I think they're more like a Starlet than a Corolla

Mine was 96 I think and had no power steering

ba_barabus wrote: »
    I remember sitting in them in a motor show down in Millstreet when they were new.

Are they any good? I like the thought of a Toyota of some sort as a weekend play thing next.

The only ones I’ve driven were the JDM Cynos. Nearly bought one back in 2000. Couldn’t get insurance. Interestingly the JDM 1.3 models were 4 speed manual.

Fella I worked with back then had one, so did his girlfriend, she made him buy one. Both spoke very highly of them. They’re quite small but quite well finished inside (for the time anyway)
    They’re based on the Starlet.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭cullow123

Terenure classic car show:
    [IMG][/img]QGmg3Nql.jpg
    [IMG][/img]reMkts6l.jpg
    [IMG][/img]ADiMmXxl.jpg
    [IMG][/img]xJEp4rwl.jpg
    [IMG][/img]LoDZbT2l.jpg
    [IMG][/img]0TIeGcol.jpg
    [IMG][/img]mjNZQIil.jpg
    [IMG][/img]FHVHcyCl.jpg
    [IMG][/img]VvoQBk8l.jpg
    [IMG][/img]XLCZzGml.jpg
    [IMG][/img]jEiBf5rl.jpg
    [IMG][/img]gjA1iTtl.jpg
    [IMG][/img]xl5lYGLl.jpg
    [IMG][/img]Uhu0hfll.jpg

Is that a commercial Defender Heritage, or a lookalike? Given it’s a main dealer it must be the real deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

What's the sixth one down, looks like a cross between a Jaguar and an MG?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Big Nasty wrote: »

Looks like a concept Jag R Coupe from 2001.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭dakar

Big Nasty wrote: »

2003 Jaguar R-D6 Concept

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,156 ✭✭✭MarkN

Driving this for a week. They are a great car and often overlooked compared to a Golf/Focus/Astra etc

43301524641_d0c58491c2_c.jpg
    29431575928_6efff8a85a_c.jpg
    42582853324_484e4e58d2_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭kdevitt

MarkN wrote: »
    Driving this for a week. They are a great car and often overlooked compared to a Golf/Focus/Astra etc

I really like the front of them - but the rear is just awful looking imo. Would definitely have considered one for the family runaround otherwise.

Some see Darth Vader. :D

Saloon version may help the rear.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭cullow123

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Is that a commercial Defender Heritage, or a lookalike? Given it’s a main dealer it must be the real deal?

I don't know if it's real, but Id say it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

MarkN wrote: »

I really like the new Civic. I did overlook it when going for the Golf but I wouldn't have gotten insurance on the 1.5 180hp model anyway, despite being the same performance as the 1.4 150hp Golf I got quotes on.

I doubt there'd be any CVT models to test though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,427 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

It's by far the worst looking civic ever made. The numbers sold agree. See Honda's new concept cars, none of that bullshìt going on in the rear. No fins, spoilers or unnecessary vents.

Have to agree, it’s a dogs dinner. Went to see it when it was launched and hated it, left it a few months to see if I had been a bit rash, still hated it. It will date horribly.

It’s a shame that the looks are very subjective because it has a really nice feel inside, high quality plastics, kit included on the premium models is excellent, the level of autonomy on them is very impressive for the class of car. Will have the Type R later in the year, looking forward to it! The one I posted is the 1.6 diesel 120bhp, very refined especially when on the move and I’m saying that with my daily driver being a 640d!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

MarkN I am disappointed in you. To think I used to look up to you.....I am off to sob in a corner.

• Advertisement

MarkN I am disappointed in you. To think I used to look up to you.....I am off to sob in a corner.

Don’t worry, I still have a BMW vest on underneath. I do a motoring podcast so this is just work :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement