Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 24 Matchday thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

I switched williams to daniels at 1843. I presume you benched him.

Yup. Was going to break even until that stupid WBA injury time goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,985 ✭✭✭normanoffside

51 with Barkley and Lukaku to go. Badly need Barkley to justify me bringing him in for Alli 2 weeks ago :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

57pts with just Lukaku to go. Daniels and Simpson sitting on the bench. My decisions on defenders have really cost me this season

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

57pts with just Lukaku to go. Daniels and Simpson sitting on the bench. My decisions on defenders have really cost me this season

Regarding Daniels, the reason a lot of people brought him in was cause he is on penalties, surely that means you nearly always have to play him?

At least it's my reasoning to have him always starting, otherwise might as well have cheaper bournemouth defender sitting on the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Good man Mahrez. Another hot one? Don't mind if I do....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

Pretty terrible 45 for the night, has me dropping to 381k and I'm sure will do some damage in my main league which I was after making some ground in! Benching Mahrez over Firmino was a mistake but oh well! Lukaku & Ighalo left to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Regarding Daniels, the reason a lot of people brought him in was cause he is on penalties, surely that means you nearly always have to play him?

At least it's my reasoning to have him always starting, otherwise might as well have cheaper bournemouth defender sitting on the bench.

Don't have Daniels but I would only use attacking potential to settle a close call. I would have played people like Bellerin, Toby, WBA defender over him

• Registered Users Posts: 12,439 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Still not convinced with Mahrez, only for an amazing finish by Vardy he would have blanked. Would get rid but have higher priorities.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Ace2007 wrote: »

Came down to him or Ward, only thing that swung for me was that Ward had the home game.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,190 ✭✭✭✭km79

siblers wrote: »
    Still not convinced with Mahrez, only for an amazing finish by Vardy he would have blanked. Would get rid but have higher priorities.

But for an amazing save mahrez would Have also had an amazing goal ;)

• Advertisement

Giroud should have a goal and and an assist at least, if not more. Very annoying

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Torricelli

58(-4), that hit was to get Sanchez in for KDB, worked out well. :rolleyes: That Kun yellow hurt badly.

Courtois and Lukaku to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

65 after baps with 3 to go - Lukaku, Barkley and Nyom to go.

Alli (c)!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

60 with Lukaku to go.
    Vardy kept pace with Kane thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

60 with Lukaku to go.
    Vardy kept pace with Kane thankfully.

I'm not usually a fan of changing your FPL team name mid season but I've just thought of what i feel may be a cracker......

"When Harry met Alli"

It shall be done...... :D

Training day in work tomorrow. Another wee hot whisky. Oh yes....

FHFC wrote:
    Alli (c)!!

Always captain Alli (for away games)

CS for Wimmer too!

FHFC wrote:
    "When Harry met Alli"

Quality

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

The whole watching MOTD went out the window when I heard the scores on the radio :pac:

56 with Big Rom to go. Seems like a decent night with a few what ifs with Aguero, Alli and Payet!

Silva matching Sanchez is grand too.

• Advertisement

Dawson could have had a brace :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

ElTel wrote: »
    Can't disagree with either of you on those calls. I'm playing Ward and Hennessey 'though it's a much easier call for me as you can see from my previous post. Hope you give her a good spanking this GW!
    She beat me and increases the gap with me :p. She had 5 CS out of her 6 playing def/GK with 2 on the bench (Huth on the bench the most annoying one).

My Palace double up backfired big time and may give me a red arrow. 2 pts while Simpson is laughing with 6 on the bench.

Also got Boruc as my second keeper. Hesitated a long time with Forster but figured I'd better get a Saints def since Forster rarely makes saves (2 saves in his last 3 games which matched fairy well what he did all year last season - it was everything or nothing with him). Just forgot an old theory of mine about GKs: when in big doubt get the GK who faces Arsenal, the best team in the world to make him shine. And here comes Forster with 10 (recorded) saves (probably made 20+ in real life) and 3 BPs :rolleyes: :pac:... Only relief is I'd have probably played Hennessey ahead of him.

On the bright side, holding on my minusfoured Sanchez move paid off. And resisting Targett too.

56 with Lukaku to go. Expecting a small red arrow...

Payet wrecking the buzz. And what the feck was Ozil doin in the 6 yard box all the time! :(

Ffs. Have been way too patient with Souaré. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭patmac

Well that was the most enjoyable MOTD ever, switching off all devices paid off. 70 points Rom and Barkley to go, delighted.

Hmm. Disappointing 52 with Lukaku abd Courtois to go

Didn't realise till after that Daniels got the assist. Bugger.

Gonna be a red arrow but not by much hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

55 with Lukaku and Barkely to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

66 points brings a rise of 41k places to 143k. Have Ighalo left to play and if he does well I should maintain my ranking there or thereabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,440 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

63 with no Aguero.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

66 with Lukaku to go brought me up to 16k. Hopefully don't fall back tonight. Some people still have 3/4 to play.

Advertisement