Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posting on Hoganstand

Options
  • 27-01-2016 5:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭

This is a bit meta but is Hoganstand the most annoying site to post on? Certain post never make it to the site and no reason is given? Plus they take an age to publish what you post.

Just me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

They seem to randomly select which of my posts get released. Literally had a post about a match report from a big club game not released and an acrostic post describing my displeasure to the admins released no bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

They seem to randomly select which of my posts get released. Literally had a post about a match report from a big club game not released and an acrostic post describing my displeasure to the admins released no bother.

its a fcuking pain in the hole, i dont bother posting there anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭largepants

Couldn't agree more. Gave up there a few years ago. Seems if you said anything criticising Dublin it was seldom released.

Disaster of a place.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭largepants

Couldn't agree more. Gave up there a few years ago. Seems if you said anything criticising Dublin it was seldom released.

Disaster of a place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭PressRun

It's a nightmare to read, don't know about posting on it. Some of the people who post on there are just so needlessly antagonistic. Perhaps those are the comments they deliberately publish for controversial purposes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

An Fear Run was good craic back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Didn't the Clare Co Board boast that they got some website shut down? Was it An Fear Rua?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭cms88

largepants wrote: »

Disaster of a place.

And Dublin posters are left say anything they want. Supposedly one of the regular Dublin posters is also the admin, would explain some of the s*** that you see posted by some of the Dublin posters. Also a number of the Dublin posters are just the one person using multiple usernames.

Without naming them id find it interesting if people could guess what posters in question im talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

So a random post about the Hogan Stand, turns into yet another Dublin bashing thread here?

But the Hogan Stand is the one that's gone to pot? Um...okey dokey then...:rolleyes:

ProudDUB wrote: »
    So a random post about the Hogan Stand, turns into yet another Dublin bashing thread here?

But the Hogan Stand is the one that's gone to pot? Um...okey dokey then...:rolleyes:

How is it a Dublin bashing thread? You only need to read a few topics on it to see whats been said here is true. Anything negative about Dublin is shot down, even when its true, while Dublin posters are left say literally anything they like about any other county.

In fact your post wouldn't be out of place on Hoganstand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭rpurfield

Haven't been on it in years, but I'd be suprised if there was a pro Dublin bias on their forum giving the anti Dublin bias in their articles!! They are based in Kells after all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,329 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Remember be nice to dubs. Most were culchies a few generations back! :). I agree on the censoring there is a lot of it on that site. But by the same token a load of obvious wind up merchants are allowed to start threads like "why don't Dublin play outside croke park".
    All in all it is like boards.ie on a smaller scale!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭HanaleiJ5N

All I'll say is I wouldn't have anything positive to say about Hoganstand (on the forum side of the site). The moderation here may not be perfect but at least they make an effort to encourage/impose some form of order. Some of the nonsense you see on other sites isn't tolerated here.

It's a shame, because otherwise HS is a decent site that delivers good quality material, the forum sections of that site really let it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Half the threads on the national forum seem to be derailed by the same people over and over and always with the same axes to grind. It's not conductive to good discussion.

Any time I've read comments on there it's always descended into a sh*t-show of people just picking fights with one another or singling out players/teams for abuse or some such, and there always seems to be people who just have it in for particular teams or players, no matter what. The various axes people have to grind always end up overshadowing any good discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,244 ✭✭✭howiya

HanaleiJ5N wrote: »
    It's a shame, because otherwise HS is a decent site that delivers good quality material, the forum sections of that site really let it down.

Other people's material! I've seen a few journalists tweet their displeasure at the copy and paste merchants that run Hogan Stand

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭mariano rivera

howiya wrote: »
    Other people's material! I've seen a few journalists tweet their displeasure at the copy and paste merchants that run Hogan Stand

Im not sure whether its complete rip off of other peoples jounalistic work

Or

Brilliant idea in its simplicity

At this very moment Mr. Hoganstand (Or the young fella he is throwing a few euro to) is scanning irishtimes.com, independent.ie, examiner.ie, irish news and copy, pasting editing their content

No interviews, no columns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Dublin Bashing: calling their players scumbags should not be tolerated on any forum.

Raising worthy points about Dublin's advantages in terms of central council funds & playing numbers is fair game though and HS don't all posts on the issue to be raised.

It does seem to be a pro Dublin site.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,756 ✭✭✭corny

Dots1982 wrote: »
    Raising worthy points about Dublin's advantages in terms of central council funds & playing numbers is fair game though and HS don't all posts on the issue to be raised.

That's true but with the frequency its discussed and the need of some folk to derail the discussion its a thin line isn't it.

I'm sure even the mods on this site hate the sight of 'What will we do about Dublin' threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

If anything the site is very Meath biased, their facebook page is cringeworthy in that regard, and I say that as a Meath man.

It's the posters that make the forum so bad. I'm convinced they get up every morning and try to think of another way to blame Dublin for everything.

-If Meath hammer Carlow its Dublin's fault.

-If Antrim win their 20th Ulster SHC in a row, its because Dublin stole money destined for Down hurling.

-Dublin are killing football by putting the effort in and doing their utmost to be good at it.

-Each and every Dublin player apparently gets a 6 figure wage, a free car, free meals delivered to their door, a lifetime pass for entry to Dublin Zoo etc.

Another breed of poster is the "club man" who seems to think intercounty activity is an extra curricular waste of time, instead of pretty much the engine which drives the GAA which it is. All they do is advocate reducing the inter county game, abolishing the league, ending the championship in July etc.

While its true that without the clubs there'd be no county teams, its also true that without inter county teams the income, prestige and exposure of gaelic games would plummet.

• Advertisement

The obsession with northern bashing anytime I've gone on there is really tiresome (I find northern bashing tiresome in general, at this point). From the way people go on, you'd be forgiven for thinking foul play and cynicism begin and end in the north and everyone down south is squeaky clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭Gael85

cms88 wrote: »
    And Dublin posters are left say anything they want. Supposedly one of the regular Dublin posters is also the admin, would explain some of the s*** that you see posted by some of the Dublin posters. Also a number of the Dublin posters are just the one person using multiple usernames.

Without naming them id find it interesting if people could guess what posters in question im talking about.

Are you talking about posters on this forum or hoganstand?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Lads we'll let this thread run on its current merit, but one sure way of bringing an early closure is by personalising the debate - please don't name names.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭maniac2003

iDave wrote: »
    An Fear Run was good craic back in the day.

the farmyard is no loss or its moderation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

If anything the site is very Meath biased, their facebook page is cringeworthy in that regard, and I say that as a Meath man.

It's the posters that make the forum so bad. I'm convinced they get up every morning and try to think of another way to blame Dublin for everything.

-If Antrim win their 20th Ulster SHC in a row, its because Dublin stole money destined for Down hurling.

-Dublin are killing football by putting the effort in and doing their utmost to be good at it.

-Each and every Dublin player apparently gets a 6 figure wage, a free car, free meals delivered to their door, a lifetime pass for entry to Dublin Zoo etc.

Another breed of poster is the "club man" who seems to think intercounty activity is an extra curricular waste of time, instead of pretty much the engine which drives the GAA which it is. All they do is advocate reducing the inter county game, abolishing the league, ending the championship in July etc.

While its true that without the clubs there'd be no county teams, its also true that without inter county teams the income, prestige and exposure of gaelic games would plummet.

???
    Usually that's what forums are for, a lot of people believe in club over county, your opinion is different, so what.

The people who run HS do their utmost not to have a bias IMO, its a successful independently run magazine, that is not owned by the GAA, is that not a good thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

???
    Usually that's what forums are for, a lot of people believe in club over county, your opinion is different, so what.

The people who run HS do their utmost not to have a bias IMO, its a successful independently run magazine, that is not owned by the GAA, is that not a good thing?

I'm not saying it's wrong to have an opinion, just that hoganstand seems clogged with lads who have the emboldened as a mantra and just spew it in every possible occasion, whether its relevant or not.

Gael85 wrote: »
    Are you talking about posters on this forum or hoganstand?

Hoganstand

PressRun wrote: »
    The obsession with northern bashing anytime I've gone on there is really tiresome (I find northern bashing tiresome in general, at this point). From the way people go on, you'd be forgiven for thinking foul play and cynicism begin and end in the north and everyone down south is squeaky clean.

To be fair much of the so called Ulster bashing is started by Ulster posters. One in particular. Im assuming its still the case as i haven't been on it for a while now

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

I actually like their Meath facebook page. They regularly come across really old and obscure photos. One of my favourites was the photo of Devin Toner as an U14 playing for Moynalvey towering over the referee.
    The Meath forum is OK but I steer well clear of the main forum.

• Advertisement

howiya wrote: »

The amount of stories they have with parts of it clearly wrong is shocking! From what i've heard PROs etc do this on purpose to catch them out

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement