Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€20 off all flights on Vayama.ie (no minimum spend!)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

A marketing ploy that has drastically backfired... will never use them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

n1ck wrote: »
    Anyone having trouble with the website? It doesn't autofill the airport names so it's impossible to proceed.

Edit - got a step further after it autofilled to a page with no flight results!

Yes! Major issues trying to get a flight booked to Bristol yesterday, in the end I could not get it done :-( Mailed them with screenshots last night and will call them tomorrow if I still have heard nothing back!

Smart idea to have 20% off and then the website won't let you book flights! It's a joke basically!

PS: I tried on a load of different browsers and on mobile as well and no joy on any of them!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

20% off

Was actually €20 off but seeing as nobody could book a flight it could have been €200 off!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭crushproof

okidoki987 wrote: »
    +1
    I also just sent them an email to them why the website never worked yesterday, let's see if they reply.

I'm going to wildly guess that you got no reply today?

I'm going to wildly guess that you got no reply today?

In a word NO.
    TBH wasn't expecting one back either but was civil enough with no ranting or raving in the mail so wasn't sure if they would.
    I'd say they'll keep the heads until it all dies down and goes away.

• Advertisement

I got a reply! Some BS that the code was only valid against flights from UK airports! I replied and said well why send the email to me when they know my address is in Ireland!!?

I said I wanted them to honour the discount code and that I was able to search for the flight the next day without issue. I also pasted in the boards.ie thread (this one).

If no response I'll call them on Monday. Would any of the papers be interested in this story!?

I got a reply! Some BS that the code was only valid against flights from UK airports! I replied and said well why send the email to me when they know my address is in Ireland!!?

I said I wanted them to honour the discount code and that I was able to search for the flight the next day without issue. I also pasted in the boards.ie thread (this one).

If no response I'll call them on Monday. Would any of the papers be interested in this story!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

they have two sites, they are probably quoting the text from the UK site.

On one you could book UK flights for £15off, on the other you could book Irish flights for €20 off.

That's ******** as Techmaster posted one page 1, a flight from Cork to London Stansted for €1 after discount.
    Why could we all not get into the site on that day but were well able the following day?

ok wait, do people not get it? The website was giving away no minimum spend discounts on flight bookings (like that happens as rare as rocking horse poop) and people are pist they couldnt get on the site?

Is it not obvious??

• Advertisement

Reply received
    Apologize for the inconvenience caused. Please be informed that discount was only applicable for domestic departures within the UK.

Think that's the end of that.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Reply received

Think that's the end of that.

But hang on a second.....this is the text from the email I received!!

* Terms and Conditions: Sale ends January 27, 2015 at 23:59. The discount is only applicable on flights departing from Ireland to international destinations. The discount is not applicable on: travel insurance, hotel, car, tour and activity bookings. The discount is not valid with any other promotional offer or discount. This coupon is not exchangeable for cash and is applicable for online bookings only. Tickets and fares are based on availability and can sell out at any moment. Discount will be deducted once COUPON CODE: ‘20OFFALL’ has been entered on the check-out page. The discount is not applicable on bookings made via comparison sites like Skyscanner, Kayak, Tripadvisor and Momondo. Other restrictions may apply.

** All fares are based on return trips per person, including all taxes and for the period February 1 - April 30, 2016. Fares are subject to availability.

Looks like Vayama are at it again - http://www.vayama.ie/specials/24-hour-super-sale?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_term=&utm_content=&utm_campaign=2016-08-vie-ad with their €20 off flights!

Seems to be working now for the flights I was not able to book no matter what I did a few weeks ago! Very frustrating! How are other people getting on!?

Thanks,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭marcus2000

The discount seems to work for me, but there is a €12 surcharge for Mastercard Credit or Debit cards, Paypal or Visa Credit.
    (Visa Debit seems to be grand...though I don't have a visa debit!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭upandcumming

marcus2000 wrote: »
    The discount seems to work for me, but there is a €12 surcharge for Mastercard Credit or Debit cards, Paypal or Visa Credit.

Same job again can't get the website working! Hill a dirt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

ditto

Sorry we met some unknown errors, please try to click the refresh search button again or reload the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

wouldn't give them the time of day after the last time out. Plus €12 credit card surplus, wtf???

marcus2000 wrote: »

Yep, worked this time for me but was a major issue to get a flight booked the last time with them!

Thanks,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭mac_daddy

Just searched for a flight from Dublin to Oslo in May, one result had a fare north of €5000 and a stop over in Dubai.... think i'll give it a miss.

I reported them to the Advertising Standards Authority for Ireland the last time they tried this '€20' off and the website would not work!! They sent a letter out to me to say they had received the complaint but I have not heard from them since!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I am looking at flights to manchester and just got this. Airline bankruptcy fee !!!

Flight tickets

3 x Flight ticket, Adult(... € 64.23
    1 x Flight ticket, Childr... € 17.83
    Airline Bankruptcy Servic... € 43.80
    Payment method: Maestro € 0.00

€ 125.86 Total price

So, whats the chances of Ryanair going bang ???

Just did a dual booking for two adults and two kids both on here, and ryanair.com June 7th to 22nd

Differences I noticed are

Ryanair give half price luggage for kids, Vayama didn't. (extra 25 euro)

2 adults, 2 kids, 1 adult suitcase, 1 half price child suitcase dub - man Ryanair is €134.96

Vayama for the same - no child half price suitcase is €182 euro. Then use the mentioned code, ONE €20 euro comes off to make a total of €162.10

Then you get this crap which is worse than Ryanair.

Maestro Maestro (free) (surcharge € 0.00)
    MasterCard Debit MasterCard Debit (surcharge € 12.00)
    MasterCard Credit MasterCard Credit (surcharge € 12.00)
    PayPal PayPal (surcharge € 12.00)
    VISA Credit VISA Credit (surcharge € 12.00)
    VISA Electron/Debit VISA Electron/Debit (free) (surcharge € 0.00)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

You have to type in the Airport code not the name, for example Faro is FAO, Paris would be CDG, BVA or ORY.

I found the return flights I was looking for, for €211 return (-€20 = €191)

Same flight is on Skyscanner for €177 return.

The €20 off is definitely a good bargain, but it's just a bit of trouble finding flights that would benefit from it.

EDIT
    Didn't realise that there is also a €12 fee for card and an extra baggage fee. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

Dublin to Colombia (Bogota) and Panama city is coming up at around 380 euros. With this vayama discount, it will be much cheaper.

https://www.vayama.ie/flightresults?out0_dep=DUB&out0_dep_all=false&out0_arr=BOG&out0_arr_all=false&in0_date=2016-05-20&out0_date=2016-05-07&adt=1&chd=0&inf=0&cls=Y

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Joziburg

What is the discount code for 20% off? Thanks

clue is in the title

Joziburg wrote: »
    What is the discount code for 20% off? Thanks

Its not 20% its 20 EURO for the entire booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Joziburg

clue is in the title

haha - my bad. Supposed to type € :pac:

Wouldn't give them the time or effort going back after the last time.
    Complete shower of wasters.

• Advertisement
Advertisement