Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Development Royal Canal Park D15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Forumsie

Hi folks,

Another question about the enigmatic air to water system!! Appreciate your help.

So I came home from work this evening and it seems pretty cold, I checked the rads, all cold. Even though the thermostat displays all said the heating was on (the flame icon was showing). I checked the switch board and one of the switches was down. I flipped it back up. Still the rads stayed cold. I looked in the welcome pack (which seems to have instructions for a different unit entirely but it did say check the outside unit to see if it was on. It wasn't working, the fan wasn't on. I didn't see any obvious on/off button but there was a red knob which I turned to the left and then turned it back right again as it was. That seemed to kick it off and I heard water moving through the pipes inside and the rads are starting to get warm.

However, there is now a malfunction warning on the unit in the utility room. It says AH-00. Tank disinfection function not completed correctly.Trigger - Disinfection setpoint is not reached within the required time or not kept for the required time. Effect - unit will continue in operation. Automatic reset when disinfection is completed.

So my question is does happen often that the outside unit just stops? Also, do I need to do anything about the error message or will it go away on it's own? I didn't see any option to do a manual disinfection. I know this disinfection happens every week or so but will it be another week before it happens or should it come on itself. I'm completely clueless and there are no contact details for Joule in the welcome pack but just happy the place is warming up now.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jetbluue

engineer0 wrote: »
    Hello,
    We found it difficult to get a home insurance for Camden, given the address is not in the list, no alarms installed etc.
    Can you share your experience with home insurance ? The only quote i was given was from Zurich Homestar and it looks rather expensive (440 euros /year).
    Also when do you get the insurance ? When you get a snagging date ? Or when you're about to close ? 
    Thank you for the input

Check out Axa. I got them for 160€ Buildings and contents. I said there was an alarm installed as I intended to get one in. No issues with address or eir codes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Forumsie wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Another question about the enigmatic air to water system!! Appreciate your help.

So I came home from work this evening and it seems pretty cold, I checked the rads, all cold. Even though the thermostat displays all said the heating was on (the flame icon was showing). I checked the switch board and one of the switches was down. I flipped it back up. Still the rads stayed cold. I looked in the welcome pack (which seems to have instructions for a different unit entirely but it did say check the outside unit to see if it was on. It wasn't working, the fan wasn't on. I didn't see any obvious on/off button but there was a red knob which I turned to the left and then turned it back right again as it was. That seemed to kick it off and I heard water moving through the pipes inside and the rads are starting to get warm.

However, there is now a malfunction warning on the unit in the utility room. It says AH-00. Tank disinfection function not completed correctly.Trigger - Disinfection setpoint is not reached within the required time or not kept for the required time. Effect - unit will continue in operation. Automatic reset when disinfection is completed.

So my question is does happen often that the outside unit just stops? Also, do I need to do anything about the error message or will it go away on it's own? I didn't see any option to do a manual disinfection. I know this disinfection happens every week or so but will it be another week before it happens or should it come on itself. I'm completely clueless and there are no contact details for Joule in the welcome pack but just happy the place is warming up now.

Thanks

Did some searching for you. Page 82 section 12.3.9 seems to discuss it. Although I didn't get much from reading it to be honest. I suspect you just interrupted it and that next time it's saying you shouldn't. Have not had the problem myself.

https://www.daikin.ie/content/dam/document-library/Installer-reference-guide/heat/ERHQ-BA,ERLQ-CA,EHVH-X11+16S18CB,11+16S26CB_4PEN384975-1B_Installer%20Reference%20Guide_English.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭nordstrom

If anybody living in RCP is on the Three mobile network I’d be interested to hear what coverage is like. Thinking of changing from Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Three is really bad.
    Their coverage map has a big hole in RCP.
    It might vary a bit with house location so you might be better off then me.

I pretty much exclusively use data (wifi at home) so it doesn't really affect me.
    If you need reception I'd go forward with caution.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

nordstrom wrote: »
    If anybody living in RCP is on the Three mobile network I’d be interested to hear what coverage is like. Thinking of changing from Vodafone.

No provider will be outstanding in the houses, the insulation blocks signal. outside the house, most providers are fine.

Changed to vodafone from Three. Zero signal in the house with Three.
    Can make a call from most places in the house with Vodafone, but it still only 1-2 bars so wouldnt want to be watching netflix over it.

fret_wimp2 wrote: »
    No provider will be outstanding in the houses, the insulation blocks signal. outside the house, most providers are fine.

Changed to vodafone from Three. Zero three signal in the house with Three.
    Can make a call from most places in the house with Vodafone, but it still only 1-2 bars so wouldnt want to be watching netflix over it.

I have a Three phone and the signal is alot better for data than the Eir mobile broadband modem thing I stupidly bought while waiting for broadband. However, the signal often drops. I also have a vodafone work phone. Pretty much the same story, signal drops. I don't really make many calls so it's all about data for me but if I did I'd be considering getting a house phone when we eventually get connected

cronos wrote: »
    Did some searching for you. Page 82 section 12.3.9 seems to discuss it. Although I didn't get much from reading it to be honest. I suspect you just interrupted it and that next time it's saying you shouldn't. Have not had the problem myself.

https://www.daikin.ie/content/dam/document-library/Installer-reference-guide/heat/ERHQ-BA,ERLQ-CA,EHVH-X11+16S18CB,11+16S26CB_4PEN384975-1B_Installer%20Reference%20Guide_English.pdf

Thanks Cronos, I've looked at a load of daikin manuals online and while a few have identified the problem, none tell me how to fix it. At least your one says that error messages should be fixed by a licenced installer so I know that I'm not missing anything obvious. The only thing I can think of that caused this is that something caused the switch to trip over night and it stopped the unit outside from working probably in the middle of a disinfection cycle.

I'll try and get Joule's details from Ballymore on Monday morning. I feel like I've been back to all the installers since we moved in for one thing or another! Hopefully it'll all quieten down then!

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Arbie

nordstrom wrote: »

I use 3 mobile and it's perfect in our house and around the area. Have full reception for calls and 4G. I was previously with eir mobile which was good also. My work phone is Vodafone and that has the poorest reception for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Arbie

double post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Twocantim

Hi all, new to this site and RCP! Thanks very much to all for posts to date. Quick question, does anyone know why there have been delays in the Camden houses? Looks like there hasn't been any movement in the last 2/3 weeks? We have been waiting to be called for snag for a while now!

Also if anyone has had a good tiler would appreciate a PM!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 KubikBlack

Twocantim wrote: »
    Hi all, new to this site and RCP! Thanks very much to all for posts to date. Quick question, does anyone know why there have been delays in the Camden houses? Looks like there hasn't been any movement in the last 2/3 weeks? We have been waiting to be called for snag for a while now!

Also if anyone has had a good tiler would appreciate a PM!

Hi there, I'm in Ash and we were told the delay is caused by ESB. Our house is fully ready but it is awaiting connection to power by ESB. Unfortunately the builder have no influence on them whatsoever - they come when they come... I was told one of our Heron neighbors was delayed for 1 month because of the ESB. We have been ol "ny day now" for the lst 2 weeks! Imagine he stress...

BTW I would very much appreciate tiler's contract as well please.

Hi guys, so someone from ballymore came today to fix our error message on the unit in the utility room. It was working but the disinfection of the tank wasn't according to the error message. Now we have a new error message about water flow and now we have no heating and no hot water! I'm so over these teething problems, they seem never ending.

I'll get back into ballymore tomorrow but my question is are these units prone to problems? Or are we just unlucky? We're only in 3 weeks and this is the 3rd problem. What's really annoying is that it is so complicated it doesnt seem possible to do a manual reset ourselves. I'm concerned that everytime something goes wrong I'll have to get professional help and wait god knows how long for it.

Sorry for the rant - like I said my real question is do other people encounter problems often? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ek

Hi guys, so someone from ballymore came today to fix our error message on the unit in the utility room. It was working but the disinfection of the tank wasn't according to the error message. Now we have a new error message about water flow and now we have no heating and no hot water! I'm so over these teething problems, they seem never ending.

I'll get back into ballymore tomorrow but my question is are these units prone to problems? Or are we just unlucky? We're only in 3 weeks and this is the 3rd problem. What's really annoying is that it is so complicated it doesnt seem possible to do a manual reset ourselves. I'm concerned that everytime something goes wrong I'll have to get professional help and wait god knows how long for it.

Sorry for the rant - like I said my real question is do other people encounter problems often? Thanks

Hi there,

Hopefully this will put your mind at ease. We’ve lived in our Ash for over two years and we’ve been without hot water on one occasion. We had a fault in the first month of moving in and never since.

Hope you get sorted soon and can start enjoying your new home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Personally I haven't had any issues with it since I moved in. I have left it almost untouched though, also had a checkup after the first year that really just ended with them saying it was fine but bleeding the rads a good bit.

Personally I haven't had any issues with it since I moved in. I have left it almost untouched though, also had a checkup after the first year that really just ended with them saying it was fine but bleeding the rads a good bit.

Thanks Cronos,
    So we've just had the plumber in to reset the system. Turns out that like many things, the problem was of our own making!
    So we got the plumber to take off the towel rail in the downstairs bathroom a couple of weeks ago to facilitate some decorating. Later we got a guy in to install a water softener in the kitchen. Nice guy, offered to put our towel rail back up and we said great, thanks, saves us getting the plumber back. So anyway when he topped up the towel rail, he didnt adjust the air to water system so it was essentially missing water and that explained our water flow error. Moral of the story - never take off a radiator/towel rail unless you have someone lined up to reset/repressurise your air to water system after

I originally took today off work to get the phone line connected. This is the second day off I've taken for this. The first time was when we first moved in. Kn networks said no cables in the road. This time we were assured it was all set up on the road and our address was on the Eir website saying we can get broadband. Sure enough Kn networks came back and said it's the same story, no cables in the road. I said no no this time it's different. They said they opened the cabinet and nothing is there. They said its hugely frustrating for them too. Sometimes they are out in a new estate 4 times in a month and there are no cables. All they can do is take a photo and log it. They did say that they thought there were virgin media cables in there but I thought there was no virgin media in this estate?

Anyway, getting my heating sorted today is some consolation. No point in ringing Eir, the sales people know nothing. So I'll try and message the Eir guy on another board who originally told me the cabling was scheduled for 30th December and see is there any update. Meanwhile Christmas is cancelled!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 bdub

Hi,

I need to run ethernet cables from the 2nd floor storage room (it's a Heron) either to the utility room where all the other cables break out or to the small room directly underneath the storage room. This would need to be done inside the wall, not just through the ceiling. Does anyone have any idea about what kind of craftsman to contact?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Barnabie

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone gets the 120 bus that goes to Ballsbridge in the morning and how do you find it / how long does it generally take?

I'm trying to decide on the best option for my commute but from what I've seen on twitter, the 120 seems to have reliability issues so maybe it's best to avoid!?

Thanks in advance

Barnabie wrote: »
    Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone gets the 120 bus that goes to Ballsbridge in the morning and how do you find it / how long does it generally take?

I'm trying to decide on the best option for my commute but from what I've seen on twitter, the 120 seems to have reliability issues so maybe it's best to avoid!?

Thanks in advance

I get the 7.40 in the morning, traffic can vary but Im normally on mount st before 8.30. And i get a seat. I heard the trains are extremely packed by the time they get to Ashtown in the morning so that's why I've been on the bus. The bus home doesnt suit as the ballsbridge 120 leaves too early. My other half got it one day and it took an hour twenty mins so we now get the train from grand canal dock. We don't usually get a seat but it's only 23 mins and the walk down the canal is nice after a day stuck in the office. Only here a few weeks but so far so good with the public transport. I drove home one day and it took an hour 40 mins, one hour was on pearse st. Never again!

Hopefully in time there'll be a few more buses that go to ballsbridge or even just further than parnell st. I reckon capacity will become a real issue when people move into all the new houses in Rathbourne Park too

Thanks Formusie, that's really helpful!

I think the 7:40 bus is a bit early for me! :o Was more thinking the 8:00 service but I assume traffic would be heavier then so it may not get me in on time. I've heard the same about crowding on the trains and capacity will definitely be an issue with all the development in the area.

I'm happy to experiment with the different options but my taxsaver ticket is due for renewal before I'll have moved in so I'm trying to figure it out in advance!

• Advertisement

Barnabie wrote: »
    Thanks Formusie, that's really helpful!

I think the 7:40 bus is a bit early for me! :o Was more thinking the 8:00 service but I assume traffic would be heavier then so it may not get me in on time. I've heard the same about crowding on the trains and capacity will definitely be an issue with all the development in the area.

I'm happy to experiment with the different options but my taxsaver ticket is due for renewal before I'll have moved in so I'm trying to figure it out in advance!

I was looking at that ticket too and I think it's only 200 euro more to get bus and train. But I drive maybe one day a week too so when I did the sums it looked the tax saver ticket would cost around the same as my leap card. I've set that to automatically top up for convenience. Maybe if you're travelling further and everyday it's better value

I was looking at that ticket too and I think it's only 200 euro more to get bus and train. But I drive maybe one day a week too so when I did the sums it looked the tax saver ticket would cost around the same as my leap card. I've set that to automatically top up for convenience. Maybe if you're travelling further and everyday it's better value
    Thanks again. I will probably leave the ticket for now and I can get one in future if I think it's worthwhile. Not much point in committing myself at this stage, especially if there isn't much to be saved.

And like you, I could end up getting a different service home than in to work so will be good to keep my options open!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jetbluue

bdub wrote: »
    Hi,

I need to run ethernet cables from the 2nd floor storage room (it's a Heron) either to the utility room where all the other cables break out or to the small room directly underneath the storage room. This would need to be done inside the wall, not just through the ceiling. Does anyone have any idea about what kind of craftsman to contact?
    Hi
    Slightly confused by what exactly you’re trying to do?!
    One of the small white boxes below the esb metering box outside is the master cable for the house. That connects into the utility room. In the utility there’s a grey box and all the Ethernet cables for the rooms are there already. Just needs connecting. Which the internet company engineer could do for you. So cables are already there to get Internet point in that room. No need to go through extra work.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 bdub

jetbluue wrote: »
    Hi
    In the utility there’s a grey box and all the Ethernet cables for the rooms are there already. Just needs connecting.

Hi,

I have a switch directly in the utility room already and all rooms are wired up, except for the storage room on the second floor :( Which is where I want to put some gear, as it's the only place where some fan noise doesn't bother anybody. So I would need to run cat6 from the storage room all the way down to the utility room. Alternatively I would run the cable just down one floor, from the storage room to the small bedroom on the first floor, where there is another switch.

Anyone experienced mice in the attic? Terrified of them but they’re definitely up there. We had one get into the house this exact time last year too. Trying to find the point of entry.

ek wrote: »
    Anyone experienced mice in the attic? Terrified of them but they’re definitely up there. We had one get into the house this exact time last year too. Trying to find the point of entry.

Are you in an Ash or a Heron? I'm afraid I have no advice on points of entry as we're newly here but had hoped it wouldn't be an issue as the houses are so well sealed.

Around 10 years ago we had this problem in my mother's house which is a dormer style semi d. We were horrified, we could hear them crawling/scratching above us and through the walls. The saying "as quiet as a mouse" is a complete misnomer, they're so loud. Anyway, we just bit the bullet and called a pest control company as we didnt want to deal with it ourselves. They guy came out and determined the point of entry was a tiny gap in the facia at the front of the house. And the mice were able to run vertically up the wall. Apparently their bones are flexible so they can squeeze through a gap the size of a coin or something ridiculous like that. The pest control guy put down poison that makes them thirsty so they go outside to find water and die outside which is good as you don't have to deal with the remains. (Sorry if this offends anyone, while we would prefer dealing with it in a more humane way we just wanted them gone). It was this time of year too - driven by the temperature drop outside.

We also had an occasion when a rat came in our front door. Now Im forever on at my other half to close the door if even just stepping out for a minute to throw something in the bin!

Anyway, my mother sealed the tiny gap and they never came back even though I'm sure there are other gaps in the house. So my advice is get a pest control company, worth every penny! Good luck, I sympathise

Are you in an Ash or a Heron? I'm afraid I have no advice on points of entry as we're newly here but had hoped it wouldn't be an issue as the houses are so well sealed.

Around 10 years ago we had this problem in my mother's house which is a dormer style semi d. We were horrified, we could hear them crawling/scratching above us and through the walls. The saying "as quiet as a mouse" is a complete misnomer, they're so loud. Anyway, we just bit the bullet and called a pest control company as we didnt want to deal with it ourselves. They guy came out and determined the point of entry was a tiny gap in the facia at the front of the house. And the mice were able to run vertically up the wall. Apparently their bones are flexible so they can squeeze through a gap the size of a coin or something ridiculous like that. The pest control guy put down poison that makes them thirsty so they go outside to find water and die outside which is good as you don't have to deal with the remains. (Sorry if this offends anyone, while we would prefer dealing with it in a more humane way we just wanted them gone). It was this time of year too - driven by the temperature drop outside.

We also had an occasion when a rat came in our front door. Now Im forever on at my other half to close the door if even just stepping out for a minute to throw something in the bin!

Anyway, my mother sealed the tiny gap and they never came back even though I'm sure there are other gaps in the house. So my advice is get a pest control company, worth every penny! Good luck, I sympathise

Thanks a million. We have pest control booked in for tomorrow. Last year it was one and the trap did the trick but I’m not sure this time and certainly won’t be investigating it myself! We’re in an Ash. I think it could be around the en-suite extractor fan.

Thanks a million. We have pest control booked in for tomorrow. Last year it was one and the trap did the trick but I’m not sure this time and certainly won’t be investigating it myself! We’re in an Ash. I think it could be around the en-suite extractor fan.

I'm glad you're getting pest control, they'll provide alot of comfort and reassurance that the problem is being dealt with correctly. I'm all for pest control. Last year I noticed a few very small ants in my kitchen of my fifth floor apartment. I started spraying vinegar all over the place thinking it was better to try a non toxic approach. The numbers increases regardless and when the pest control guy came he said I was lucky I didnt try ant poison as with these ants it would just move and multiply the problem all over the wall cavities of the building. He set up bait all over my apartment and the only solution for this particular breed was for them to eat this bait which would make them infertile so they couldn't reproduce and would die off naturally in 8 - 10 weeks! I felt like the place was crawling but I just had to wait it out. Don't worry, it won't take that long to get rid of the mice!

Hopefully this is a once off. The same year my mother had the mice and the rat, she also had a bird fly down the chimney and a wasps nest in the boiler house! A run of bad luck but nothing since thankfully.

Keep us posted if pest control give any tips!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

Yes it would be worthwhile knowing the entry point. We've not had any issues like this so far.

• Advertisement

Yes it would be worthwhile knowing the entry point. We've not had any issues like this so far.

Pest control reckon they got in through the cable boxes outside the front door. Apparently very common and makes sense as the lids always blow off. Otherwise he found no other entry points as the house was so well built. Coming back again next week. Three caught in traps so far.

Advertisement