Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai tucson

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭icom

horse7 wrote: »
    Let's know how ur LTS/100 goes.

300 km on the new Sportage and it's showing 5.2 Litres / 100KM, same as the 2011 it replaced, so not so bad I suppose.

These are short journeys, to work and back, so would probably do better on a longer run.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭space2ground1

Apologies for hijacking the thread. At the business end of making a decision between a 16 Sportage and Tucson. From what I can see the EX Sportage is equivalent to the Exec Tucson. I can get the EX Sportage for around the same price as the Comfort Plus Tucson that hasn't got the reversing cameras or leather seats. Leaning towards the Sportage I think but theres something about the looks of the Tucson I really like. If the sales guy can bring the price of the Exec Tucson into line with the Sportage I think I'll bite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭PurvesGrundy

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Weighs 2000kg afaik

I am sorry, but is it not a complete farce that people unnecessarily drive these vehicles just so they can be 'high up'? 2000kg is simply ludicrous and the fuel efficiency is always going to be inferior to an equivalent i30 hatchback.

I really do not get the crossover craze at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

I am sorry, but is it not a complete farce that people unnecessarily drive these vehicles just so they can be 'high up'? 2000kg is simply ludicrous and the fuel efficiency is always going to be inferior to an equivalent i30 hatchback.

I really do not get the crossover craze at all.

The 1.7 is 1500kg. If I had the choice I'd choose a Tucson any day over an i30

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭icom

Apologies for hijacking the thread. At the business end of making a decision between a 16 Sportage and Tucson. From what I can see the EX Sportage is equivalent to the Exec Tucson. I can get the EX Sportage for around the same price as the Comfort Plus Tucson that hasn't got the reversing cameras or leather seats. Leaning towards the Sportage I think but theres something about the looks of the Tucson I really like. If the sales guy can bring the price of the Exec Tucson into line with the Sportage I think I'll bite.

I was in the same boat, had a few test drives in the Tuscon and was ready to pull the trigger, until I saw the Sportage in the metal, and realised it looked way better than the pictures on the web. I think the interior of the Sportage is nicer than the Tuscon, and you get more extras for the same money. I only do around 15,000k a year so the 7 year warranty is better for me. Got a bit more trading in my 11 Sportage with the Kia dealer too, and that helped make up my mind, plus they provided great service over the last 5 years. Very happy with my decision, but if you really prefer the looks of the Tuscon, then go for it.

• Advertisement

icom wrote: »
    I was in the same boat, had a few test drives in the Tuscon and was ready to pull the trigger, until I saw the Sportage in the metal, and realised it looked way better than the pictures on the web. I think the interior of the Sportage is nicer than the Tuscon, and you get more extras for the same money. I only do around 15,000k a year so the 7 year warranty is better for me. Got a bit more trading in my 11 Sportage with the Kia dealer too, and that helped make up my mind, plus they provided great service over the last 5 years. Very happy with my decision, but if you really prefer the looks of the Tuscon, then go for it.

Up to the Hyundai sales guy at this stage. He seems a decent chap so if he can bridge the gap I'll go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 coggy79

Hi, we bought a '16 Hyundai Tucson Executive model last month and are a bit miffed by the claim that there is a RDS feature on the radio. My understanding is that the RDS feature gives the name and title of a song playing on the radio ( i have seen it in friends cars). However all that appears on screen in the Tucson is "No information". Can anyone please advise if this feature is indeed available in Executive model?

Thanks,
    Coggy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭horse7

coggy79 wrote: »
    Hi, we bought a '16 Hyundai Tucson Executive model last month and are a bit miffed by the claim that there is a RDS feature on the radio. My understanding is that the RDS feature gives the name and title of a song playing on the radio ( i have seen it in friends cars). However all that appears on screen in the Tucson is "No information". Can anyone please advise if this feature is indeed available in Executive model?

Thanks,
    Coggy

Any help.http://marantz.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/174/~/rds-and-how-can-it-increase-enjoyment-of-fm-radio

• Registered Users Posts: 33 coggy79

Cheers Horse.
    I kinda have an idea of what RDS does but its getting the Artist/song title info on the radio is my query. How do i know if RDS is available on the Tucson radio system?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Cheers Horse.
    I kinda have an idea of what RDS does but its getting the Artist/song title info on the radio is my query. How do i know if RDS is available on the Tucson radio system?

Depends on if the station broadcasts it or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

RDS has been commonplace since the late 90s (it's around a lot longer than that though), basically just displays station name. if it's advertised as having it, it doesn't imply that it does what you describe.
    The feature you're looking for is called "RT" or radio text.
    The fact that it's saying "no information" as opposed to not saying anything would imply that it has it.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭The_Chap

Up to the Hyundai sales guy at this stage. He seems a decent chap so if he can bridge the gap I'll go for it.

Did you get the Tucson in the end?

Yes! Very happy with it so far. 1.7D has a lot of power and it takes a bit of getting used to!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,266 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

...........1.7D has a lot of power and it takes a bit of getting used to!
    Good god, what have you come from, a push bike?

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭The_Chap

Yes! Very happy with it so far. 1.7D has a lot of power and it takes a bit of getting used to!

Good stuff, we are ready to pull the trigger on either the Sportage or Tucson - Tucson is preference but figures on the Sportage are more competitive, trying to get our sales guy to bridge the gap

mickdw wrote: »
    Good god, what have you come from, a push bike?

1.2 Petrol!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,266 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

1.2 Petrol!

Even so, you have only gained a few bhp.
    Don't get me wrong, it's a nice machine but to say that 115 bhp takes abit of getting used is one of the oddest comments I've seen.

mickdw wrote: »
    Even so, you have only gained a few bhp.
    Don't get me wrong, it's a nice machine but to say that 115 bhp takes abit of getting used is one of the oddest comments I've seen.

Sorry you're troubled. It has lots more acceleration than I'm used to. My old car was 10 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭horse7

Thanks,
    Coggy

What type car has your friend? Is it a standard fit radio?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

i know the current vw stuff does this anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement