Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Variations on a Theme 15 [Magnetic 69]

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Achillles wrote: »
    Just to be clear, the deadline IS 23:59 Sunday night, yes?

No Monday.

I put the wrong date down in the flipping thing. So you have until 23:59:59 on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Achillles

Oh Grand!

Takes some pressure off, I wrote half of one story before I scrapped it. Not entirely happen with this one, but a few Hail Mary's and an Our Father might see it saved!

My current probelm is that I read through yesterday on my phone and found a load of stuff I needed to fix / change. And this evening I can't find any of them. I'm in too good form to edit.

The day is here. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Das Kitty wrote: »
    The day is here. :D

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Good luck to all those brave souls who have faught valiently with the sheer hellishness that is the VOAT.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Das Kitty wrote: »
    No Monday.

I put the wrong date down in the flipping thing. So you have until 23:59:59 on Monday.

Ooo

I didn't write anything yet tbh :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭trout

bluewolf wrote: »
    Ooo

I didn't write anything yet tbh :(

you've got several hours left ... get busy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I'm going to have to bail, DK - sorry :(

Have a presentation on the maths of Tinder to prepare by Wednesday and I'm quite behind. :( I will include the phrase "absolutely cuckoo" in my talk in the VOAT's honour though..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,354 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I too am going to have to regretfully withdraw from the competition. I haven't been able to shamble together something of requisite standard in the time allowed.

All the best to everyone else!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Achillles

Done! With 3 mins to spare! And it will probably show in the story. Apologies in advance if I've made any blunders - procrastination is the work of the devil. Now to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

Achillles wrote: »
    Done! With 3 mins to spare! And it will probably show in the story. Apologies in advance if I've made any blunders - procrastination is the work of the devil. Now to wait.

Same. In right at the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

Gah. I tried, but couldn't polish it to the standard I wanted. I might work on it (read: trash it and start again) over the next few weeks and throw it up on the forum for the craic.

Cheers Das Kitty for organising, and sorry for not putting it in. Look forward to reading those that entered! :)

18 runners, 10 past the line.

Well done. That's an excellent result.

I'm going to randomize the names again and post them in that order. Give me a couple of hours to get the thread up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Newbie question: do we give feedback on-thread?

Loved reading them all btw :)

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    Newbie question: do we give feedback on-thread?

Loved reading them all btw :)

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭redser7

Do we vote more than once? Kind of want to, but also want the standout story to get more merit ...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

We usually vote for our top 3 or 4 and that works well. Any stories that are broadly liked by everyone tend to get the most votes.

redser7 wrote: »
    Do we vote more than once? Kind of want to, but also want the standout story to get more merit ...

Up to yourself.

In a field of 10, I'm going to pick 2 or 3, personally.

I put thanks on two of them but frankly it was not very honest of me, because 1 to 10 they were all pretty wonderful.

Fantastic effort by all concerned and a special thank you to DK for doing the hard graft. Thoroughly enjoyed it all. this VOAT was a classic.

*cough*

You're apposed to vote in the poll.

*cough*

whoops my bad

sorted

<<<<embarrassed rube.

Was just about to post feedback on the stories then thought hang on that will give my story away :) So what's the etiquette? Do you wait until reading and voting is over to post feedback?

Give feedback on the ones you voted for?

You can follow through with the others after the voting ends (if you want).

If I had brains I'd be dangerous.

Only a few more days to read and vote. :D

Shoot, nearly forgot. I'll re-read tonight and vote.

LAST DAY LAST DAY

Especially if you have a story in there yourself, be sure to read and vote. It's only decent.