Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 23 Matchday Thread.

Options
1171819202123»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

The forum is a real pain to get through from my place. Looks like Frenchies are not welcome anymore in here. Have to fill in a security check when I open it and most times when I refresh it, the forum skin is not working at all, half the functions aren't working (can't quote, can't thank, can't use any of the message box tools so can't properly link etc, etc...). Going through the threads is a real pain with this white background and it takes ages to load.

Anyway, aside these little annoyments, my 71 bring me up to 66,667th place :D. A ~60k rise. A tad disappointed by today outcome (Bellerin-Ozil-Lukaku only brought 6 pts increased to 9 with Hennessey's 3 subbing in such that I stayed roughly where I was yesterday, only lost just about 1k positions).

Keep on Sergio! Make them all pay now!!! :D!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭8-10

GW rank of 8k. Comfortably my highest of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

67 last week and 67 this week brings me to 125k.

Would be great to finish in the top 20k this year ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

53 for the week, forgot to change my team again and had the armband left on Payet which hurts a little but green arrows again all the same so won't complain!

currently circa 730K

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

50 gives me a slight drop to 24k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,648 ✭✭✭Cartman78

77 all in – happy out but, like everything, a little bit of success only makes you more greedy :o

Big jump in OR – from 289K up to 144K……making nice progress recently after being stuck on 500K for what seemed like an eternity.

Blanks from Butland, Toby, Payet, KDB and Lukaku were annoying but got lucky elsewhere so not complaining too much.

My high-risk no Arsenal players strategy has paid off for the last few weeks – might give it one more go before getting in Sanchez or re-signing Ozil. KDB looking the most likely to go but will give him a crack at Sunderland – he looks burned out imho and can’t be far off a spell on the sidelines.

Already transferred in Firminio for the disappointing Arnautovic. Maybe a bit rash considering all the Cup games….but relatively low-risk and an easy decision to make as a Liverpool fan.

Back on top of my work league too – recently discovered that my two main rivals in it are both fairly experienced players (I’m a noob this year) – I think my obsessive reading of every thread on here is giving me the edge so a big shout out to everyone for all the advice. There’s no way Alli would be in my squad without Boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

SantryRed wrote: »
    Thought I'd let you lads know that I'm going to the Watford-Newcastle game tomorrow. Been over twice this season, both times I've seen Ighalo score twice and get a 13 pointer (Newcastle away and West Ham home) and he was in my team.

I sold him 2 weeks ago for Sergio. I'm 100% confident he is going to punish me with a hat trick tomorrow due to my doubt in him :pac:

Just the 12 points for Ighalo this time. Unfortunately not having him means it wasn't as sweet! :pac:

48 points for the week and a fall from 80k to 98k. I just cannot get out of the 70-110k bracket at the minute. I've pretty much been there since GW7/8.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

6 points from 2 including captain yesterday.... That's the last time I'm spending the day with the kids over fpl.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

8 points from 3 including the captain yesterday.... I'm not sure I understand the relevance of PARlance's second sentence, but I wish I had spent the day with the kids instead of fpl/watching that rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭loadwire

59. Captain Kun massive for me, would've been poor otherwise. Mixture of green red and grey arrows in my leagues but up 60k to 250k overall so can't complain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

88 points and green arrows all around. Changed captain to Firmino at 11.44 from Lukaku. Something actually paid off for me!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,970 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Disaster of a GW for me.
    Having had 2 FTs for a few weeks I felt I needed to make a 2nd transfer this week and shifted out Alli for Barkley. On top of that I captained Lukaku over Aguero.
    I'll still finish around 50 pts for the GW but it's frustrating to know that if I'd just left my team as it was last week I'd have an extra 24 points now :( That would have probably brought me into the top 20k

Surprisingly I only fell just over 1k places to 37k Overall. Still all to play for although those extra 24 pints would have moved me up to 13k :(

Moral of the story: If your team is good, don't make extra transfers just because you think you must use them up.

Surprisingly I only fell just over 1k places to 37k Overall. Still all to play for although those extra 24 pints would have moved me up to 13k :(

Moral of the story: If your team is good, don't make extra transfers just because you think you must use them up.

Those extra 24 pints would also have had you in A&E.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Pretty terrible GW finishing on 42. The only pleasant surprise was not falling as far back as I expected to in OR (from 30k to 44k).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Up to 283k. I now pronounce my season turning around. Again.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

50 gives me a slight drop to 24k.

I'm 1 point ahead of you and at 23,510.

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'm 1 point ahead of you and at 23,510.

Ye I seen that. Your on a nice run.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Ye I seen that. Your on a nice run.

Not surprising given Aguero is back. My biggest problem is generally picking a captain so having him to default to every week makes the game a lot easier.

I also think the strong front 8 is effecting some of you lads. I had a chance to go strong front 8 two GWs ago or just go Ozil to Alli. I chose Ozil to Ali and it has been the right move to date.

I've my eye on Sanchez now probably after this next GW.

Like you, the plan is now to move to a cheap defence. De Gea and Alder are all that remain in my team of the expensive variety.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Not surprising given Aguero is back. My biggest problem is generally picking a captain so having him to default to every week makes the game a lot easier.

I also think the strong front 8 is effecting some of you lads. I had a chance to go strong front 8 two GWs ago or just go Ozil to Alli. I chose Ozil to Ali and it has been the right move to date.

I've my eye on Sanchez now probably after this next GW.

Like you, the plan is now to move to a cheap defence. De Gea and Alder are all that remain in my team of the expensive variety.

I'm not very good at captain picks either and will probably just go down the aguero route every week now. Your move of Ozil I think it was to payet was a great move. That alone hasn't got you points but the knock on effect of it is its forced you to play alli every week which worked great for you this week. I've no problem with leaving pts on bench from.strong front 8 as it's a lot more complicated than looking at did I leave my lowest pts scorer on the bench. However I praised you at the time for making the difficult decision you did and the reason a lot of people have a strong front 8 is they have been afraid to make that type of decision. I'll probably stick with the front 8 as it will be useful to have in gw27 and 30 when there are teams with blanks. Ozil to Sanchez is more than likely my move this week.

Advertisement