Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VII: The Fan-base Awakens

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Is BBC Wales not on Iplayer?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

errlloyd wrote: »
    Is BBC Wales not on Iplayer?

Don't know but the match is on the red button too if that's any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Is it actually on TG4? Because the TG4 live stream has hurling on.

My Sky dish got wrecked in the wind, so no S4C or BBC Wales access, unless you can get either of those on UPC.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Stheno wrote: »
    Hmmmph
    No "Hmmmph2 about Marius. He's improved a hell of a lot from when he started in pro12. Is cert now one of the better refs in the league

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Stheno wrote: »
    Hmmmph

He is a fine ref in comparison to some of the referee's I've witnessed in the competition

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

wp_rathead wrote: »
    He is a fine ref in comparison to some of the referee's I've witnessed in the competition

I'm guessing that stheno was making reference to a questionable decision that gave the Dragons field position for their try.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Clearlier wrote: »
    I'm guessing that stheno was making reference to a questionable decision that gave the Dragons field position for their try.

No it was just after they scored four minutes in, and the hmmmph was in response to should be a good match

Anytime I've seen Marius he's seemed ok

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭hogandrew

Just interested to see if people had a choice whether they'd rather henshaw or olding?

hogandrew wrote: »
    Just interested to see if people had a choice whether they'd rather henshaw or olding?

I feel with Reid underpeforming, like injured and Teo off across the water it would not be unreasonable to demand the IRFU give us both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,919 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Henshaw has done it on the big stage and is a different type of player to Olding. Henshaw is huge and very abrasive while Olding is small in stature and elusive. When Olding has proved himself on a higher level we'll be more likely to see where he fits in....or not with Ulster and / or Ireland. It certainly won't be at Leinster.

jacothelad wrote: »
    Henshaw has done it on the big stage and is a different type of player to Olding. Henshaw is huge and very abrasive while Olding is small in stature and elusive. When Olding has proved himself on a higher level we'll be more likely to see where he fits in....or not with Ulster and / or Ireland. It certainly won't be at Leinster.

I wasn't suggesting we had a choice. While henshaw looks the better at the moment, olding could fill in at 10 as well as 12, 13 and 15 but more importantly!, eerlloyd should be given nuciforas job :-)

I wasn't suggesting we had a choice. While henshaw looks the better at the moment, olding could fill in at 10 as well as 12, 13 and 15 but more importantly!, eerlloyd should be given nuciforas job :-)
    I'm not sure about the 10 position. He hasn't played there for 2 years. If Madigan is said to be poor at times because he lacks games at 10 --well.....

I'm not sure about the 10 position. He hasn't played there for 2 years. If Madigan is said to be poor at times because he lacks games at 10 --well.....

Well it depends how u feel about the term "fill in". My idea of fill in would be sexton is away, Byrne is injured, if Marsh got injured then he could fill in. I think he'd be available more than henshaw is why I think he might be a better signing than henshaw

Well it depends how u feel about the term "fill in". My idea of fill in would be sexton is away, Byrne is injured, if Marsh got injured then he could fill in. I think he'd be available more than henshaw is why I think he might be a better signing than henshaw

Speculation is interesting but I can't see why anyone would leave Ulster to go to Leinster just to 'be available' or as a 'fill in.' Olding has a huge amount of talent and probably like anyone from Leinster, Munster and Connacht, wants to play for his own team. I know a few guys have gone from Leinster to / from Connacht but were any of them actually Connacht guys in the real sense? I would imagine Olding has ambitions to be away at the same time as Sexton and I'm pretty sure he won't be cleaning boots and fetching cappuccinos for the Leinster glitterati just yet. Anyway, just like with Ringrose, we await events with hope and not a little confidence. Perhaps though there may be a tiny possibility Sexton won't be away as much. Maybe one of the likes of Byrne will blossom and Sexton will end up filling in for him. Who knows...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I think we should take both Paddy Jackson and Stuart Olding in return for Cathal Marsh and Dom Ryan, just in case something happens to Ringrose or Sexton.

I think we should take both Paddy Jackson and Stuart Olding in return for Cathal Marsh and Dom Ryan, just in case something happens to Ringrose or Sexton.

Love_Ulster_riots_Dublin.jpg

You would need chloroform and gaffer tape.....:D:D ....but you canhave iHumph and Beagle gift wrapped.
    sydthebeat wrote: »
    fitzy injured in todays training :(
    On a serious note, any news on the injury? Is it a twisted knee? If so he should be o.k. pretty quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

On a serious note, any news on the injury? Is it a twisted knee? If so he should be o.k. pretty quickly.

medial ligaments, so his 6n is over

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

aimee1 wrote: »
    medial ligaments, so his 6n is over

Ah nooooooooo! Does the guy ever get a break? !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

vienne86 wrote: »
    Ah nooooooooo! Does the guy ever get a break? !

yeah he does, but usually to his body unfortunately. :mad:

well lads, any craic?

well lads, any craic?

Something about Ringrose being brought into the Ireland squad. That is all.

How are you?

Something about Ringrose being brought into the Ireland squad. That is all.

How are you?

Grand, been on holiday for most of the month so haven't seen any rugby really.

Did see the game on Friday night though, and was actually encouraged enough with our performance (considering conditions and personnel), was a bit pissed off at Reid's naivety at the end though.

Hail Mary to earn a second match point, or take your time and secure the 1. I know what I'm choosing there each time...

Grand, been on holiday for most of the month so haven't seen any rugby really.

Did see the game on Friday night though, and was actually encouraged enough with our performance (considering conditions and personnel), was a bit pissed off at Reid's naivety at the end though.

Hail Mary to earn a second match point, or take your time and secure the 1. I know what I'm choosing there each time...

From your own 22 it's a bit of a no brainer really isn't it..... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

molloyjh wrote: »
    From your own 22 it's a bit of a no brainer really isn't it..... :(

It should be but if the clock had gone past 80 and he stepped into touch in his own 22 deliberately, we all know there'd be people moaning about the lack of ambition.

If the gap was 6 points and he stepped out I'd be pissed, but when the gap is 7 points the risk reward is completely different.

6 points = gambling 1 point for 4 point return.
    7 points = gambling 1 point for 2 point return.

Buer wrote: »
    It should be but if the clock had gone past 80 and he stepped into touch in his own 22 deliberately, we all know there'd be people moaning about the lack of ambition.

People will always find something to complain about. Sure we've heard a load of complaining about Ireland showing no ambition when winning back to back 6 Nations. Leinster had spent a lot of time in the Dragons 22 without scoring. Anyone who thought a 7 pointer was on from inside our own 22 deserves to be ignored. We should have just taken our point and gone home.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

Buer wrote: »

I think this is a dig at my recent comments about munster last week. There is a big difference here in that Leinster were on their own half. Munster were deep in opposition territory against a team that showed no attack throughout the game. It's all about context.

I also said that I completely understood the decision by munster, just would have liked them try to score to give the team/fans a confidence boost.

• Advertisement

I think this is a dig at my recent comments about munster last week. There is a big difference here in that Leinster were on their own half. Munster were deep in opposition territory against a team that showed no attack throughout the game. It's all about context.

I also said that I completely understood the decision by munster, just would have liked them try to score to give the team/fans a confidence boost.

I wouldn't say it is tbh. There are often complaints like that so I doubt it's referring to any one person or any one incident.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement