Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

£10 Off Any Amazon UK Order Over £50 With Promo Code BIGTHANKS

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

Nice one OP- taking into account free shipping that's a nice EUR20+ saving ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Cheers. Also works on warehouse stuff

Bought 2 really nice pairs of shoes for a total of €66

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭SIRREX

Basq wrote: »
    Or this? And pick up something else for a tenner..
    Anybody got a link for the Sandisk SSD

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Great offer thanks, remember if you got a £7 code from the offer here you can use both codes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Did anyone else find their website or app was slow last night? I spend ages trying to sneak in a second order. Placed it but it came back cancelled. Turned out I'd entered the expiry wrong on the new account (fecking chrome got it wrong? am I meant to remember myself?). Was 11:59, promotion was applied, but by the time I got to the final screen it was midnight and it disappeared. Don't know why I was wasting my Friday night mucking with that. The lengths we go through for a bargain, eh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I'm an Amazon user for eleven years. Believe me I haven't just imagined the slow down. Google it and you'll find plenty of examples from the last couple of years. I still buy a lot of stuff from the UK, almost none of it from Amazon these days. Amazon takes me twice the time anything else does if not more.

Incidentally a relative who never uses Amazon received an order in four working days recently. That's how it used to be for me, but not in a long, long time. I do have to wonder if I opened a new account would they see me less as a Prime member candidate and more as somebody they have to work on to keep my custom.

There's nowhere else for the selection but I can guarantee you that there is plenty of value elsewhere. Amazon have a few good deals now and again but most products can be found cheaper elsewhere.

They are noticeably slower than they were 2 years ago and one assumes this is to promote the Prime service.

You can get around this by contacting them on chat and asking them to prioritize the order. A 2 week delivery date was reduced to 4 days after I did this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

I didn't think Prime was of any use here in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

I believe there's a perceived lack of value when, despite Amazon upping the cost, some of the advertised benefits (to 'justify' the cost) don't apply to customers outside the UK. The video service is quite limited/non-existent, iirc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭NeverWaining

Used this myself, for something I hadn't intended to buy!

Incidentally I don't really use Amazon anymore. They're just too slow. It takes me two weeks to get anything from them. I'll get a shipping notice for today's order at the end of next week. I know they probably just want me to sign up to Prime but I have no interest. I can find everything elsewhere, usually cheaper.

The item I purchased with this offer actually shipped today. Although it did ship from Germany and I feel this may have something to do with it. Expected delivery is Friday, which is fine.

I'm still waiting on an order I made last Monday to ship from the UK, which is more the norm.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭IrishBlaine

It is if you use Parcel Wizard or Parcel Motel for the one day delivery it offers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭animaal

I made an order. A few hours later I checked, and it had been dispatched. That's good. But the expected delivery date is Feb 3rd, almost two weeks later. The carrier is i-Parcel, so it's quite likely to be even later than that - I've never had an on-time delivery from i-Parcel. It's definitely not the "4-5 business days" stated when completing the order.

I can understand that "free" delivery costs money, and Amazon needs to control costs. And it doesn't help when there are people abusing loopholes to get free shipping for cheap items. Presumably i-Parcel is cheaper than normal post for many orders.

It would be nice to have the option of cancelling the order when Amazon decides to use a "sub-prime" carrier though. Or if they could improve the accuracy of the site that displays the delivery timeframe.

It's not a big deal for this order, but people need to be aware of how Amazon delivery has changed when time is important, e.g. Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭animaal

I made an order. A few hours later I checked, and it had been dispatched. That's good. But the expected delivery date is Feb 3rd, almost two weeks later. The carrier is i-Parcel, so it's quite likely to be even later than that - I've never had an on-time delivery from i-Parcel. It's definitely not the "4-5 business days" stated when completing the order.

I can understand that "free" delivery costs money, and Amazon needs to control costs. And it doesn't help when there are people abusing loopholes to get free shipping for cheap items. Presumably i-Parcel is cheaper than normal post for many orders.

It would be nice to have the option of cancelling the order when Amazon decides to use a "sub-prime" carrier though. Or if they could improve the accuracy of the site that displays the delivery timeframe.

It's not a big deal for this order, but people need to be aware of how Amazon delivery has changed when time is important, e.g. Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭LazyPicti

Is this code still working? and it seems almost everything i click on gives the message "this item cannot be delivered to Ireland", i have bought lots of stuff from Amazon over the years and only very recently I've been getting that message.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Today (22nd January) only.

Long gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blowin3

LazyPicti wrote: »
    Is this code still working? and it seems almost everything i click on gives the message "this item cannot be delivered to Ireland", i have bought lots of stuff from Amazon over the years and only very recently I've been getting that message.
    Try Parcel Motel as it gives you an UK address.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭LazyPicti

blowin3 wrote: »
    Try Parcel Motel as it gives you an UK address.

Thanks, i look into parcel motel.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement