Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

£10 Off Any Amazon UK Order Over £50 With Promo Code BIGTHANKS

Options
  • 22-01-2016 2:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭

Promo Code BIGTHANKS [Link to info]

Today (22nd January) only. One per customer. The offer applies to items dispatched from and sold by Amazon only. It does not apply to items sold by third-party sellers, including items Fulfilled by Amazon.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I don't specifically need anything but feck it if I'll let this voucher pass me by! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

Basq wrote: »
    I don't specifically need anything but feck it if I'll let this voucher pass me by! :D

Don't need anything either - hoped it might work for gift cards but doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭smallgarden

pity it doesnt work with items fulfilled by amazon. Its difficult to limit search to purely amazon and theres not much left when you do

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Thanks OP , just hit the wish list for a few items

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭EnergyPro

Cheers op have a few things to pick up so it will come in handy!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Is this offer available to Irish customers? (i.e. those not using parcel motel, etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

DareGod wrote: »
    Is this offer available to Irish customers? (i.e. those not using parcel motel, etc)

yes, of course

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭cson

I assume gift cards are excluded? :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

cson wrote: »
    I assume gift cards are excluded? :pac:

post #3, already been answered

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Thanks OP , bit of online shopping coming up later !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭uli84

anyone found anything interesting with FREE delivery to Ireland? ;~)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭fabsoul

uli84 wrote: »

Portable Hard Drive

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005MNGQ6C?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_sfl_title_1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

• Registered Users Posts: 9,921 ✭✭✭dodzy

Don't know if its been mentioned, but anything 'Prime' is also eligible for the tenner off. The 240GB Sandisk Ultra SSD is a fantastic upgrade for any sluggish laptop. £53 all in to your door.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

uli84 wrote: »

The on-ear Sennheiser momentum 1 is reduced to £59.99 in pink (:P) If I cant stick the colour the missus can have 'em!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Thanks OP, just the excuse I needed for that item on my wishlist nobody got me for xmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭NeverWaining

Used this myself, for something I hadn't intended to buy!

Incidentally I don't really use Amazon anymore. They're just too slow. It takes me two weeks to get anything from them. I'll get a shipping notice for today's order at the end of next week. I know they probably just want me to sign up to Prime but I have no interest. I can find everything elsewhere, usually cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

The 1.5 week wait is just a fact of life with ordering from the UK. I don't think Prime would make a bit of difference unless you are UK based?

In the end, where are you going to get the value and selection Amazon offers in Ireland? It it the great equaliser that lets us escape rip-off Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Niska

Thanks.
    Used it to preorder a game I had my eye on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Niska

Thanks.
    Used it to preorder a game I had my eye on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Used this myself, for something I hadn't intended to buy!

Incidentally I don't really use Amazon anymore. They're just too slow. It takes me two weeks to get anything from them. I'll get a shipping notice for today's order at the end of next week. I know they probably just want me to sign up to Prime but I have no interest. I can find everything elsewhere, usually cheaper.

normally 5-7 days for anything i've ordered recently...but if you can find stuff cheaper then care to share where?

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭ene

thanks op just ordered myself a few things i had my eye on- and had the excuse to buy the random add on items i never seem to be able to get!

The 1.5 week wait is just a fact of life with ordering from the UK. I don't think Prime would make a bit of difference unless you are UK based?

In the end, where are you going to get the value and selection Amazon offers in Ireland? It it the great equaliser that lets us escape rip-off Ireland.

I'm an Amazon user for eleven years. Believe me I haven't just imagined the slow down. Google it and you'll find plenty of examples from the last couple of years. I still buy a lot of stuff from the UK, almost none of it from Amazon these days. Amazon takes me twice the time anything else does if not more.

Incidentally a relative who never uses Amazon received an order in four working days recently. That's how it used to be for me, but not in a long, long time. I do have to wonder if I opened a new account would they see me less as a Prime member candidate and more as somebody they have to work on to keep my custom.

There's nowhere else for the selection but I can guarantee you that there is plenty of value elsewhere. Amazon have a few good deals now and again but most products can be found cheaper elsewhere.

....Amazon have a few good deals now and again but most products can be found cheaper elsewhere.

if you know of cheaper retailers then it's your obligation, nay your duty, to tell the rest of us - it's in the Charter*

*may not be, i've never read it, but it should be!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Darwin

Thanks OP, hard to refuse a tenner off. I have an order in at the moment but don't really want to cancel (and reorder with the discount) as it has been showing 'shipping today' for the last two days. Have to agree that amazon uk have gotten horribly slow in recent times. However I have had reason to return items on several occasions and their customer service is what keeps me coming back.

ablelocks wrote: »
    if you know of cheaper retailers then it's your obligation, nay your duty, to tell the rest of us - it's in the Charter*

*may not be, i've never read it, but it should be!

Shop around. As just one example I had a item in my wishlist that I threw into my order today. It was £11.59 or something like that. ~€15. Highly reviewed and rated. Not something that will break the bank but I didn't actually need it to avail of this offer as my other item was £63 so I thought I'd just have a look on eBay before I pressed confirm.
    Identical item was £4.65 shipped, ~€6.20.

Now there are obviously not always those kinds of savings. But I bet most people would just press confirm without shopping around (I almost did).

Regarding their customer service I had a poor experience lately but I'd still call it one of the best. Previous to this they have always been fantastic. If you have an issue they will sort you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

Thanks OP. I went for a ssd that i had my eye on.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Is this a multiple use voucher- aka can you place a few orders of >£50 and get a couple of tenners off- or is it limited to a single use?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Read over on HUKD it's one per account.

Useful link if you are stuck to take your order over the£50. Not all links work but managed to find a ruler for 40p which took my order over :D

http://www.fillerchecker.co.uk/default.aspx

• Advertisement

once off. had to use a different account to use it again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement