Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

At The Drive In - Vicar St - 26th March 2016

Options
  • 21-01-2016 5:09pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Aiken Promotions
    Page Liked · 9 mins ·

JUST ANNOUNCED:
    At The Drive In
    & special guests Le Butcherettes Official
    Vicar Street, Dublin,
    Saturday 26 March 2016.

Tickets priced €46.00 (inc booking fee) go on sale Tomorrow at 9am through www.ticketmaster.ie & usual outlets nationwide.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

This will be a good 'un!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭ronano

i got an email, thought it was cheapest 31 euro but **** it with le butcherettes i cant complain. Should be at best a great gig or at worst an interesting one!

If this is even half as good as the TBMC years ago we'll be in for a treat :)

EDIT: FFS Easter Saturday, have you seen the hotel prices that night :mad:

Tickets sorted!

As an aside, while I don't like Le Butcherettes music, they are amazing live, Teri puts on an incredible show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

bought.yay

2000 was immense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

bought.yay

2000 was immense

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Mine too, I'm excited to see both bands but maybe just that little more for Le Butcherettes. I've been dying to see them come to Dublin. They've played Europe a few times but never included a date here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭Sappy404

€51 is a bit much, isn't it? I mean there's a cheaper option but Ticketmaster haven't made these available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Sappy404 wrote: »
    €51 is a bit much, isn't it? I mean there's a cheaper option but Ticketmaster haven't made these available.

The seated tickets were around €51 incl booking fee, the standing tickets were around €41 incl booking fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

johnnykilo wrote: »
    The seated tickets were around €51 incl booking fee, the standing tickets were around €41 incl booking fee.

E103.50 for 2 standing tickets it cost me this morning on Ticketmaster.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Paid €51 for standing this morning myself. Didn't see any available for cheaper than the €46.

Sold out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I kinda thought €46 was a bit much at first but then I thought there's At The Drive In & Le Butcherettes and that's a serious 1-2 combo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Xenji wrote: »
    E103.50 for 2 standing tickets it cost me this morning on Ticketmaster.

There was an option for cheaper tickets: €31, no idea how you get them though. I wanted seated tickets so selected level 2 tickets and they were €46 and €51 with booking fee. I presumed the tickets for €31 were the standing tickets. They're still listed on Ticketmaster :confused:

http://i64.tinypic.com/2lnidt0.png

johnnykilo wrote: »
    There was an option for cheaper tickets: €31, no idea how you get them though. I wanted seated tickets so selected level 2 tickets and they were €46 and €51 with booking fee. I presumed the tickets for €31 were the standing tickets. They're still listed on Ticketmaster :confused:

http://i64.tinypic.com/2lnidt0.png

Yeah saw that myself, but you could not get them, lack of sleep and getting up early did not help with my confusion either, it is strange how much they cost, seating usually is more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Jim Ward is out. A lot of people think they knew this before tickets went on sale.

Either way, this is absolute ****e news. I was betting on him being the one to hold the songs together live.

Terrible news, but something that has been coming since the El Paso Times interview, he is a better player than Omar in my opinion and Cedric does a terrible job of doing his vocals, fans are really not happy about this, especially after all the **** that went on with cancelling the European Antemasque shows last year.

Yeah. Well it's pretty obvious what we'll see at this. A Cedric singing 2 of every 3 syllables and Omar playing what he thinks is a fantastic interpretation of the song.

Now I'm not a "play it like the cd" guy, but this band needs Jim. Whenever I'd watch videos of them when the divas were over-doing it I'd just watch Ward holding it together.

The classic Ward backing vocals, " Have Trigger Will Travel" and "Freight Train Coming" won't sound the same if it's even sung at this.

The band ( well mainly Omar ) is getting slaughtered on their Facebook page, in fairness the announcement was weak as ****, they should of at least given a proper statement about the situation or have said one was coming.

The band ( well mainly Omar ) is getting slaughtered on their Facebook page, in fairness the announcement was weak as ****, they should of at least given a proper statement about the situation or have said one was coming.

Like the way the antemasque tour just... wasn't on all of a sudden....

Seriously, I really do love Omar's output all throughout his career, but he needs to sort out if these things are projects he actually wants to do, or is he pushed into it by outside parties and just goes with the flow.

Also just reform the Mars Volta already!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Shakey_jake

Screw those guys, im gutted what a waste!

• Advertisement

It's knocked most of the excitement out of the run up for me anyway. Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Gone from uncontrolled exitement to will this actually be worth the cost price they charged for them.

lbj666 wrote: »
    Gone from uncontrolled exitement to will this actually be worth the cost price they charged for them.

I am debating wether to go now, thanks to hotels jacking up their prices due to the Bank Holiday weekend and everything that goes along with it, this is gonna cost me near €200 not including food and beer.

I am debating wether to go now, thanks to hotels jacking up their prices due to the Bank Holiday weekend and everything that goes along with it, this is gonna cost me near €200 not including food and beer.

Same boat here. Really gutted about this :(

I'm a big fan of Jim and his work even outside ATDI , met him when Sparta played here in support of the wiretap scars record. A very warm and humble man.

As others have said they felt he holds the show together live , I couldn't agree more. You only have to see some of their live videos for proof of this.

All that said they didn't sound bad at all last night only based on one song uploaded so far though

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Concise Maths 3

Glad I ended up going in the end, fantastic show and great energy from all the band, the crowd was great as well, full of voice and no ****wits at the lefthand side right up at the barrier, well except for two travellers who got into a brawl near the end.

They only played though for 80 minutes, and kept to basically the same set as the two US shows, not complaining giving the available material.

Fantastic show.

Wasn't expecting Napoleon Solo, so that was savage.

Amazing show. Really enjoyed Le Butcherettes as well.

I was never a fan of 300Mhz but live it's a different song entirely, loved it !!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Fantastic gig. Rare to experience a show with such energy in Vicar St.

Advertisement