Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Elite Controller thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,153 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Can you get replacement analogue stick embedded components on these?

When I try and spin my analogue stick (the left one), I get a stickiness in some parts of the rotation.

I've probably had it 2 years at this stage, but rarely use it due to that!
    Would like to get some use out of the damn thing, it cost so much :P

Not sure about replacements but have you tried opening it up and seeing if it needs a clean? The video below is about replacing the shoulder buttons but shows how to take the thing apart, fairly straight forward once you have the T8 screwdriver.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Not sure about replacements but have you tried opening it up and seeing if it needs a clean? The video below is about replacing the shoulder buttons but shows how to take the thing apart, fairly straight forward once you have the T8 screwdriver.

[\YOUTUBE]MR6TuCnV0k8[/YOUTUBE]

Yeah, good point. If I can get the thing open, I could probably try clean or fix the issue, without too much hassle.

Would I get a T8 in a local shop, or do I need to buy online? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

Think you wouldn't get a single one locally, I could be wrong, but you'll get sets alright.

https://www.halfords.ie/workshop-tools/tools/hand-tools/halfords-advanced-precision-torx-screwdriver-set

https://www.halfords.ie/workshop-tools/tools/hand-tools/halfords-advanced-precision-torx-screwdriver-set

There's plenty of single ones online though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Yeah, good point. If I can get the thing open, I could probably try clean or fix the issue, without too much hassle.

You will get a mixed pack of Stanley torx heads in home base for 8-10 euro or something like that.

Thanks guys!

I'd have normally ended up in Maplin for these type things, if I was too impatient to buy online.

My mind went blank when I tried to think of places like Maplin :D

• Advertisement

Thanks guys!

I'd have normally ended up in Maplin for these type things, if I was too impatient to buy online.

My mind went blank when I tried to think of places like Maplin :D

This is what you are looking for lad, or similar . It's quite a small pack

https://www.homebase.co.uk/fatmax-10pc-mixed-torx-25mm-sta60200-xj_p315423

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

I didn't realise I posted the same link twice. I was meant to post two different ones. Here's the other

https://www.woodies.ie/tactix-torx-key-long-9-piece-tamper-proof-1114459

Look at this, the lads just dyin to help you out! :pac:

I've always said there's a great bunch of lads in the Xbox forums :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,242 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Pretty sure that some of the torx screws in the controller are actually security torx, and need a special security torx screw driver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

CatInABox wrote: »
    Pretty sure that some of the torx screws in the controller are actually security torx, and need a special security torx screw driver.

Yeah your dead right a normal t8 torx don't fit them it has a little security piece coming up the middle so you need a hollow t8 torx bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

jayo26 wrote: »
    Yeah your dead right a normal t8 torx don't fit them it has a little security piece coming up the middle so you need a hollow t8 torx bit.

Inspired by this thread, I set about fixing my own RB problem on the Elite.

I have a standard T8 and used a Crv-1??? (any small, flat-head precision screwdriver would do) to destroy the 'security' bit sticking up. T8 worked fine then in all 5 screws I needed to get at once I went at the security bit first with the flat head.

Have superglued the bit that had broken off so fingers crossed it will hold. :pac:

Ordered two of these covers from China 3 weeks ago was only 3 euro for the pair.

20180927_123524.jpg

20180927_123530.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

jayo26 wrote: »
    Ordered two of these covers from China 3 weeks ago was only 3 euro for the pair.

Have you a link for it? I have my replacement Elite but haven't taken it out of the box yet

Have you a link for it? I have my replacement Elite but haven't taken it out of the box yet

EBay mate price is just over 2 euro on it now but still cheap enough.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/352245842105

• Registered Users Posts: 15 alank90

does the nvidia shield controller work on xbox? thanks:)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So my misses ordered my xmas present last night. White elite controller! Now the part that sucks: I wont get in until xmas morning. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Clueless Mam alert..

OK so I've the Xbox one X got for my 13year old for Xmas and he had been mentioning the elite controllers.

Is this what ye lads are talking about? Why is it so cheap? Is there a new one coming out?
    I'm not sure I'll ever understand the difference between the regular one but if I just get the right one,ill be doing well 😂
    Thanks in adavance

• Registered Users Posts: 27,827 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Clueless Mam alert..

OK so I've the Xbox one X got for my 13year old for Xmas and he had been mentioning the elite controllers.

Is this what ye lads are talking about? Why is it so cheap? Is there a new one coming out?
    I'm not sure I'll ever understand the difference between the regular one but if I just get the right one,ill be doing well 😂
    Thanks in adavance

The black one is the original but there's a white one out now.

Only difference is colour and the new one will have Bluetooth.

The white one is €140 in Argos but keep an eye on it because they tend to run offers every now and then where you get a game free/or for a little extra when buying the controller.

http://checkargos.com/product/8654018

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,242 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Only difference is colour and the new one will have Bluetooth.

Actually, the only difference is colour, the new one doesn't have bluetooth either, which seems crazy. I think that they overproduced the originals innards and are now trying to clear stock before the roll out an update.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭upinthesky

Anyone own the stealth addition? Whats the difference between it and the normal elite, would it be worth buying as an upgrade, a bit pricey at 209 euro..

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/computing-accessories/computer-accessories/game-controllers-and-joysticks/microsoft-xbox-elite-wireless-controller-stealth-edition-10178221-pdt.html

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Clueless Mam alert..

I'm not sure I'll ever understand the difference between the regular one but if I just get the right one,ill be doing well ��
    Thanks in adavance

On behalf of many of the younger Boardsies.......... Im just throwing this out there......................... Have you any interest in adopting a few more? Preferably before Christmas?

All are well behaved, most of the time and will save you a fortune with their bargain hunting skills! :D

upinthesky wrote: »
    Anyone own the stealth addition? Whats the difference between it and the normal elite, would it be worth buying as an upgrade, a bit pricey at 209 euro..

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/computing-accessories/computer-accessories/game-controllers-and-joysticks/microsoft-xbox-elite-wireless-controller-stealth-edition-10178221-pdt.html

It's an aftermarket modification from this crowd here. All the differences are cosmetic. Wouldn't be interested myself, most of their work looks pretty poor to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭j14

It's only €160 on amazon.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭j14

It's only €160 on amazon.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Question lads, have the elite controller the last 2 years, the lb is wonky on it, ordered a new lb rb piece to replace, changed it but still the same, I'm assuming it's a circuit issue, I know I've probably voided the repair off Microsoft, just wondering if there is anywhere that would fix it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Hococop wrote: »
    Question lads, have the elite controller the last 2 years, the lb is wonky on it, ordered a new lb rb piece to replace, changed it but still the same, I'm assuming it's a circuit issue, I know I've probably voided the repair off Microsoft, just wondering if there is anywhere that would fix it?
    Trax maybe?

There is nothing those whores won't do for money 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well, I finally managed to spend some time with my new white elite and its great so far. Took some time to adjust, but it was worth it.

The paddles are very very handy. Got my r1 and l1 mapped to two bigger ones and removed the other two. Needed some time to adjust, but now they make my life a lot easier in Crossout. I can easily retreat and pepper others at the same time, without finger gymnastics.
    Not a fan of those grips. I dont thing they are even needed and I did noticed my hands sweat a lot more with this controller. You can actually feel how temperature is higher on grips compared with normal controllers. I did got that cover, but while its new, I will use controller without it.
    It is on the heavy side and its noticeable. I am still old school when heavier electronics ment quality, but I am not sure I want my controller heavier. Maybe just a personal thing.

Over all. I love it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I'm like you I only use the two larger back paddles and removed the other two. I don't like the feel of the rubber on the black version I have but you get used to it. It is a bit heavier than the standard controller but that doesn't bother me at all.

Advertisement