Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2 Results

Options
  • 14-01-2016 9:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭

Falcons beat the Cards 52-28 i think

My team 1st, I could not run the ball at all, so relied on the pass a bit, a madden favourite of mine, Josh Boyce was the star man for me with over 200 yards receiving, not by choice though that he was my main target, Jones and Lewis were just never open. Run Defense was excellant, and Pass D was fine to but gave up alot of yards, where i will get to below

On to the F*&%ing CPU Cards, I really felt like quitting playing this, 4 times i got them to 3rd down and 4 times they got TD's from them, all over 75 bloody yards, set up to defend the pass over the top, yet John Brown outpaced Trufant and the safety and then Micheal Floyd done the same for TD's, Brown then caught a short pass and after bursting through 3 tackles, ran 79 for his 2nd TD, controller nearly went through the tele, thankfully i play Giffney next.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Managed to lose to the Giants 20-17. Eli turns into a beast in the clutch, and I threw one silly interception which cost me the game. Happy with my offense to be honest, so hopefully this is just a blip.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

Lost 41-7 to the Patriots..... Lynch got benched, Wilson got benched, the O-Line is more porous than Spongebob Squarepants. I don't really know what to do :o

The scoring by quarter went 7-0, 21-0, 31-0, Then after they got another TD I scored inside of 4 minutes to get myself back into the game only down by 31 points with the score 38-7. Then they got a field goal to make it 41-7, I was moving well enough down the field but threw an interception. The Pats player got hit hard and fumbled but another NE player recovered it.

Highlights of the game. Butler had a pick for NE on his own four yard line that he ran back to the Seattle 11 yard line. Aaron Dobson had two long TD receptions from Brady for 63 and 80 yards. Jimmy Graham had a 54 yard TD catch from Jackson the Backup,
    I suppose the fact that my rookie DT got two sacks was a good thing. Pats got six sacks on Wilson, he fumbled on one of those hits.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Lost 41-7 to the Patriots..... Lynch got benched, Wilson got benched, the O-Line is more porous than Spongebob Squarepants. I don't really know what to do :o

The scoring by quarter went 7-0, 21-0, 31-0, Then after they got another TD I scored inside of 4 minutes to get myself back into the game only down by 31 points with the score 38-7. Then they got a field goal to make it 41-7, I was moving well enough down the field but threw an interception. The Pats player got hit hard and fumbled but another NE player recovered it.

Highlights of the game. Butler had a pick for NE on his own four yard line that he ran back to the Seattle 11 yard line. Aaron Dobson had two long TD receptions from Brady for 63 and 80 yards. Jimmy Graham had a 54 yard TD catch from Jackson the Backup,
    I suppose the fact that my rookie DT got two sacks was a good thing. Pats got six sacks on Wilson, he fumbled on one of those hits.
    Time to get rid of that Wilson lad and trade him to the Rams.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Time to get rid of that Wilson lad and trade him to the Rams.

You dont need him, sure he's obviously fed up of the west coast, plus you've got Foles, Atlanta would suit Wilson better.

Rams 20 Bucc's 10

Highlights:
    Foles throws pick on first drive.
    Foles throws pick 6 on 3rd drive.
    Foles loses fumble in 3rd quarter.

Thats it.

• Advertisement

You dont need him, sure he's obviously fed up of the west coast, plus you've got Foles, Atlanta would suit Wilson better.
    See above match report.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Just beat Saints CPU in a thriller. Was down a load, and won on my last drive, 39-34. Cam had 4 TDs, 3 INTs. 400+ yards, and another 55 rushing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Beat CPU redskins 34-17 I think.

Josh Gordon is class, makes big plays a lot. Very happy with defense...getting my MLB back has made a huge difference. Makes plays all by himself!

Hopefully I can resign some of my players during the season and keep the core best players!

If anyone is interested, I cut Brandon Pettigrew. He has decent stats as a receiving TE but he's an open-pass-dropping, useless fumbling ****. I meant to cut his after his pre-season performance, I forgot, and he made a show of himself vs the Giants :mad:

Are Eagles cpu? If so, all human players have played

• Advertisement

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Are Eagles cpu? If so, all human players have played
    No that I'm aware of,Carroller is over them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭tripperman

Cowboys 21 @ Packers 24

Great game Padraic you were very unlucky with that interception with only 5 minutes left that started my final time consuming drive, packers first play was a rush of about 8/9 yards that was called back for a holding penalty which left the packers in there own 12 yard line and on the next play Rodgers and jordy Nelson got in the grove for a long td, then the cowboys March down field with witten just crushing all defenders to bring them a td, next drive Rodgers pass gets tipped and picked by Sean Lee and cowboys are stopped and forced to take a fg which they miss, next play Rodgers pass gets batted down and a db laying on the ground catches it for a interception, cowboys drive down field and go 14-7 up in first qt, second qt packers starts slow and get a fg after failing to get a td in redzone, cowboys drive down field and get a td to go 21-10 up with 30 seconds on the clock in first half packers have the ball and have to incompletions and on a 3rd down Adams hauls in a deep pass to bring the packers to the cowboys 40 with 5 seconds left with wind against the packers they decide against a long fg and try a pass play, which Adams gets open and hauls it in and gets in for a td, ht 21-17 to cowboys, thrid qt no scores alot of punting and massive hits, one which made Rodgers fumble both of us very happy at this stage giffney left the injuries off, last qt cowboys are going down field looking for the score to seal the win but Randall reads a pass and gets up to pick it just in front of dez Bryant, packers have the ball with 5minutes or so on the clock and start along time eating drive which lacy on 3rd and goal at the 3yard line runs in with only 20 seconds left, cowboys then try a long pass which gets batted down and have 4 seconds to go for one more attempt, Romo gets back in the pocket an as the receivers start to get free down field, rookie le lane gets to romo and forces him to throw it away, packers get of jail with 21-24 win, have highlights but can't YouTube to work on Xbox, but will try over the weekend to get it going

Rams 33 Cowboys 28

Game started well for the Rams,Dez Byrant had dropped a few pass's,Foles not playing terribly,defense doing well.
    All in all it meant they led 20-7 going in a halftime.
    Well things completely changed in the second half,Dez Byrant became unplayable coupled with some very good passing from Romo.
    He just caught everything.
    Ending the game with 7 receptions for 166 yards and 3 touchdowns.
    On the other side Foles(The Rams......scapegoat if you will) fell apart throwing 4 picks.
    Anyway flash foward to about 1.30 left in the game,Cowboys are down by 12 starting on their 1 yard line.
    The get some breathing space with a short completion to Escobar,followed by big pass's to Witten and Dez and they're in for a TD.
    With only 1 TO left they have to onside kick,they don't recover.
    Rams have to only run the ball once,not fumble and they can kneel the game,although as the Cowboys had run commit twice in the game previously they try to be clever and PA.Its a bad pass from Foles and its picked.
    With eyes on Witten and Byrant,Romo throws it long to Williams who hauls in a 1 handed 52 yard completion.
    Cowboys are 15 yards out,they try Dez on corner route,he catchs about 1 yard out but its knocked out in the tackle,I think Nicks catchs the 2nd throw over the middle short of the goal but again knocked out in the tackle.
    3rd pass goes to the left corner to Williams but its batted away.
    So its 4th down,Rams think they must go to Dez so when the ball is hiked there's 3 covering him but this leaves a gap over the middle,Romo goes there but doesn't throw it high enough and MLB is able to jump up and bat it away to seal the game.

Great and chat Padraic,the ending to the game was mad.
    And Dez :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Crazy game! It's never over when you have Bryant ha ha, that Rams defense though!

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    Crazy game! It's never over when you have Bryant ha ha, that Rams defense though!
    Ah I knew buying those clutch traits was worth it :D

Vikings 21- packers 14
    Great game and chat Mr Commissioner giffney, Vikings won this quite comfortably were 14 points ahead most of the way and could sack and pick Rodgers off at ease, there offence just steam rolled the new look packers defence with ease, that td straight after me getting back to within 7 points was the game sealer for you, I'll think about that offer of the bucs or saints teams you talked about very tempting indeed I can see what you were thinking,

tripperman wrote: »
    Vikings 21- packers 14
    Great game and chat Mr Commissioner giffney, Vikings won this quite comfortably were 14 points ahead most of the way and could sack and pick Rodgers off at ease, there offence just steam rolled the new look packers defence with ease, that td straight after me getting back to within 7 points was the game sealer for you, I'll think about that offer of the bucs or saints teams you talked about very tempting indeed I can see what you were thinking,

How many 4th downs did he attempt ;)

I must remember to quit my games next time i get a player injured, and check my schedule to, Julio Jones out for 3 games injured after a win v the cpu 49ers

I play Knex tonight in the 1st of them and Perrin in the 3rd. They should be good.

How many 4th downs did he attempt ;)

I didn't attempt any I was that bad

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

Madden!! Lost my first game due to me missing a FG with seconds left. For some inexplicable reason my kicker hit it wide left from forty something yards.

Good game knex!

• Advertisement

Raoul wrote: »
    Madden!! Lost my first game due to me missing a FG with seconds left. For some inexplicable reason my kicker hit it wide left from forty something yards.

Good game knex!

Don't worry iv seen point after attempts go out at the pylons, seems slight problem from time to time,

Raoul wrote: »

Good game knex!

You will find this madden is full of stupid situations like that, so far in this game, i threw a pick v panthers last week where it hit my player in the head, and rebounded into a panthers players hands, you will probably throw a 5 yard underneath pass at some stage that will go 40 like an arrow, to a safety, you will intercept a pass only for the receiver to get the ball despite both players on the ground for about 5 secs and both are holding onto to the ball, although none of them beat when i intercepted a pass over in the pfl, my CB is running it back for a TD and at the 1 yard line, just dropped the ball on the ground.

I would really love to record highlights sometimes just to show how glitchy this game is, but iv'e no idea how, anyway Beat the saints last night, 2 fumbles by Hundley, actually recorded the 2nd so will post it up on my feed later.

Rams 28 Falcons 7

This was a tight game despite was the scoreline suggests.
    Falcons were able to drive from their own half with relative ease but Rams were able to force turnovers in the Redzone at vital moments including a pick 6.
    Rams offense didn't do a whole lot,Foles threw a horrible pick on his very first throw of the game.
    But in fairness after that he was pretty good even finding WR Quick on a streak on a long bomb in the end zone.

GG and chat Rock,good luck in the playoffs.

Ah now Perrin, despite the yardage stats this was as close as the scoreline suggests, i was well beaten, 5 horrible picks by me, cant even blame Madden/EA, all down to me, Foles was excellant for you, hopefully hes as good for me in a game i have later.

Vikings vs lions

Broke pudsys soul and mind when I intercepted a screen pass for a pick 6

That is all

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

Vikings vs lions

That is all
    So harsh :D

Vikings vs lions

That is all

Ah you done that on top of trading him that injury bust Adrian Fumbles Peterson, poor pudsy gets no luck,

Ouch.

I just laid the absolute pain on CPU bears

65-7

I'll take my 1 week ban if so enforced :D

• Advertisement

I just laid the absolute pain on CPU bears

65-7

I'll take my 1 week ban if so enforced :D

The punishment will be far higher than that.
    Winning by 58 points is.....I'll take out what I was gonna say and just say not good :mad:

Advertisement