Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW21 Match Day Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

Aguero v Kane for captain is the hardest decision for me.

Team:

Lloris (Myhill)
    Delaney, Sagna, Dier (Bellerin, Evans)
    Yaya, Ozil, Mahrez, Arnautovic (Kouyate)
    Kane, Aguero, Lukaku

Armband currently on Aguero. City average almost 3 goals a game at home. Aguero is bound to get amongst it.

I also get the feeling that Leicester have learnt to lock games down, like at home v City and may frustrate Spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Still head telling me to bench Mahrez....its just worse now cause so many of you telling me not to, so you can all tell me you told me so when it goes pearshaped.

feel-the-fear-470x352.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,354 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

FHFC wrote: »
    Still head telling me to bench Mahrez....its just worse now cause so many of you telling me not to, so you can all tell me you told me so when it goes pearshaped.

i think im sticking with benching lukaku despite him being declared fit.

the fear. it is strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,700 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I'm with you, we can suffer together.

Rikand wrote: »
    i think im sticking with benching lukaku despite him being declared fit.

the fear. it is strong.

I'd definitely be more afraid of benching Lukaku vs that City defence.

With Mahrez vs Arnie or Payet its a tough call. Any one of them could score double figures.

Mahrez and Leicester have poor attacking form (and underlying stats to match in the last 3 games) and playing the tightest defence in the league with the third best home defensive record. Leicester have scored more away goals than anyone mind.

Arnie is on a superb run of form and playing the side with the 5th worst defence and the third highest number of goals conceded away. Hard to bench him IMO.

Payet has been confirmed as a 99% to start and has 2 x 25m appearances under his belt in which he has created a number of chances/attempted assists. In the games he played 80mins+ he only blanked 3 out of 11. Bournemouth have conceded in 7 of their 9 home games. Last 5 at home conceded 5, 1, 3, 1, 0.

Payet is probably the safest to bench really. But he's the differential and that's why I have him. Sword or shield??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,354 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I'd definitely be more afraid of benching Lukaku vs that City defence.

With Mahrez vs Arnie or Payet its a tough call. Any one of them could score double figures.

Mahrez and Leicester have poor attacking form (and underlying stats to match in the last 3 games) and playing the tightest defence in the league with the third best home defensive record. Leicester have scored more away goals than anyone mind.

Arnie is on a superb run of form and playing the side with the 5th worst defence and the third highest number of goals conceded away. Hard to bench him IMO.

Payet has been confirmed as a 99% to start and has 2 x 25m appearances under his belt in which he has created a number of chances/attempted assists. Bournemouth have conceded in 7 of their 9 home games. Last 5 at home conceded 5, 1, 3, 1, 0.

Payet is probably the safest to bench really. But he's the differential and that's why I have him. Sword or shield??

I would bench Payet too.

I'm playing Arnie. Mahrez and Alli instead of Luke

Norwich is the game that I really brought Arnie in for.
    Mahrez..... well, you never bench Mahrez
    Alli is my spurs cover and I feel if there's goals in that game, he's a certainty to be involved

Lukaku - returning from an injury. He could get subbed early. I'm rationalizing it whatever way I can so it makes sense to me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

"Those with the courage of their convictions shall accomplish more in their heart than men hiding in the shadows" - Mr.P, 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,130 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Going into this GW Lukakuless.
    Harry got a late call up for the soon to hit a dip in form Belgian.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Has everybody with this front 8 conumdrum used there AOA? Im considering it. Means dropping one of Moreno/Bellerin

Has everybody with this front 8 conumdrum used there AOA? Im considering it. Means dropping one of Moreno/Bellerin

Used it a while back.

I'd be happy to drop one of those defs. Can't see clean sheets there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Invincible

PARlance wrote: »
    Going into this GW Lukakuless.
    Harry got a late call up for the soon to hit a dip in form Belgian.

Benteke ??

:-)

Bloody hell now I'm considering Yaya in for Ozil :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,087 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Mahrez is gonna kill you all.

Sword or shield??

Look at it this way. If you take a risk and go for the option more likely to pay off big when things go your way, it's a great feeling. If it doesn't go your way, at least you had a go and took a chance.

If you play it safe and you've a 12+ pointer sitting on your bench because of a conservative approach, you'll be kicking yourself. Conversely if the player you've benched pulls a 1 pointer, you'll be feeling pretty smug about your shrewd move.

What's your worst case scenario? Would you rather take a chance and it fall flat on it's face, or play it safe and look at Payet's hat-trick staring you in the face every time you log in? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

My team for this GW:

Lloris
    Johnson Zouma Ward
    KDB Ozil Mahrez Alli
    Aguero(c) Kane Lukaku
    Mccarthy, Stanislas, Monreal, Dawson.

Went on a good run there for a while but forgot to update my team while i was away over christmas and slipped again last GW. Hopefully kick on now again. 2FT this week which was nice, still have the WC to prick about with but i dont really see much use for it at the minute

AOA in Play - goals please

Hennessy

---- Alder ---- Moreno

Ozil -- Payet -- Alli -- KDB -- Mahrez

---- Lukaku -- Kane -- Aguero (C)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

AOA in Play - goals please

Hennessy

---- Alder ---- Moreno

Ozil -- Payet -- Alli -- KDB -- Mahrez

---- Lukaku -- Kane -- Aguero (C)

That's a nice front 8. Do you have any better choices than Moreno at the back, not sure if he's likely to do this much this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

"Those with the courage of their convictions shall accomplish more in their heart than men hiding in the shadows" - Mr.P, 2016.
    What about those with the courage to try out the convictions of others while hiding theirs in the shadows of their heart :p?

... bloody strong front 8 and bloody fit Lukaku :pac:...

I've gone with a 2-weeks Willian punt so must play him and bench one of Ozil KDB Alli Mahrez Kane Aguero Lukaku.
    It's between Lukaku, Mahrez & Alli.

Mahrez is on a 2-3-1 run but was on 21-13-15 just before. And the 1 came from missing a pen. This happens. Had he scored he'd have been on 11 !!!
    Alli is on great form.
    Lukaku's coming back from injury.

Mahrez was rested in the Cup. Alli too and just came on for the last 15 min while Lukaku was recovering from his League Cup injury (a game home to City in which he scored... to make the decison easier :rolleyes: :pac:).

I've Lukaku on the bench right now but City's defense without Kompany and City unable to keep a CS lately... That said, at home (bar the 'Pool game) they only conceded once more than 1 goal (2 home to WH).

That's a nice front 8. Do you have any better choices than Moreno at the back, not sure if he's likely to do this much this week.

Bellerin and Simpson benched. Decided to go with Moreno as he is at home. 50/50 call with Bellerin I think

• Registered Users Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Bench Toby

He punishes me every time I bench him :(.

• Advertisement

Bellerin and Simpson benched. Decided to go with Moreno as he is at home. 50/50 call with Bellerin I think

I'd say Arsenal are more likely to keep a cleanie than Liverpool, especially with their injury crisis

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Stunned by the amount of Payet love.
    • Just back after long injury
    • Away to solid Bournmouth
    • Next two are improving Newcastle away and Man City at home.

Deffo a wait and see situation for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

siblers wrote: »
    I'd say Arsenal are more likely to keep a cleanie than Liverpool, especially with their injury crisis

Back 4 could be Clyne, Caulker, Sakho and Moreno. With a midfield 3 of Lucas, Can and Henderson I don't think they will be too bad. Not saying they will get a CS but they won't be as leaky as some suggest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Need help with 2 choices I think...Cresswell or Souare and Arnie or Alli?

Team is:

De Gea

Bellerin Toby Cresswell/Souare

Ozil Mahrez Payet Arnie/Alli

Aguero Kane Lukaku

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

I could be wrong, but I'd be more inclined to go with Bellerin. Liverpool missing a good few defenders. Arsenal marginally more likely to keep a clean sheet according to paddy power.

I've decided to do nothing and go with what I set up this time last week.

Theo on the bench though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

Wombatman wrote: »
    Stunned by the amount of Payet love.
    • Just back after long injury
    • Away to solid Bournmouth
    • Next two are improving Newcastle away and Man City at home.

Deffo a wait and see situation for me.

After getting burned by bringing Aguero back in early twice this season I should be in the same camp, but he was so impressive before he got the injury it's hard to look past. If West Ham get anything in this game and he's on the field, he'll play a part in it. And I'm fairly confident it'll stay that way for the rest of the season as long as he doesn't get injured again!

I know, I know. I've jinxed him now :o

Butland
    Zouma Delaney Smalling
    Payet De Bruyne(c) Ozil Mahrez
    Giroud Vardy Ighaloo

I have a bad feeling about leaving Toby on the bench and taking a big gamble on Vardy but I got a feeling that if he plays, he'll score.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

I now have Payet benched with Alli and Arnie starting :(

Don't know what to do!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,190 ✭✭✭✭km79

payet siggy or yaya
    pick one for me to buy :D

Advertisement