Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭barryribs

Kerry Coco voted yesterday to retain the increased LPT base rate by 7.5%. Below is a list of the votes;

Barry Tom, SF: Against

Beasley Robert, SF: Against

Cahill Michael, FF: For

Connor-Scarteen Patrick, FG: For

Cronin Brendan, Ind: Against

Farrelly Charlie, Ind: Against

Ferris Deirdre, SF: Against

Finucane Jim, FG: For

Fitzgerald Breandan, FF: For

Fitzgerald Fionnan, FF: For

Fitzgerald Seamus Cosai, FG: For

Flynn John Francis, FF: For

Foley Cathal, SF: Against

Foley Michael, FG: Against

Grady Donal, Ind: For

Healy-Rae Jackie, Ind: Against

Healy-Rae Johnny, Ind: Against

Healy-Rae Maura, Ind: Against

Kelleher Niall, FF: For

Kennelly Mike, FG: Against

Locke Sam, Ind: Against

McCarthy Dan, Ind: Against

Moloney Jimmy, FF: For

Moloney Marie, Lab: Against

Moriarty Norma, FF: For

O'Brien Terry, Lab: For

O'Callaghan Niall, Ind: Against

O'Connell Bobby, FG: For

O'Donoghue John, KIA: For

O'Shea Michael, FF: For

Sheehy Mikey, FF: For

Thornton Aoife, FG: Against

Wall Johnnie, FF: For

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,318 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Only realised at 7.30pm this evening that we have no water (Oakpark). I hadn't seen any updates all day, nothing seemed to show up on my social media until this evening. No real indication of when it will be back on!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Very low water pressure here (Manor area) . Too low to run dishwasher or electric shower. You have to scour the KCC Twitter feed to find the info and its very vague. If the burst happened yesterday surely some advance warning could have been given about disruption today?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,318 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Strange there was no info about it yesterday. Very slow to let people know! Its off now and most likely won't be back on until tomorrow, with more disruption!

• Advertisement

from Kerry County Council:

A further water mains break is impacting the Central Regional Water Supply Scheme tonight and will cause disruption to supply throughout Wednesday while repairs are completed. Impacted areas include Tralee, Killarney, Castleisland, Farranfore-Firies, Ballymacelligott and surrounding rural areas. Irish Water and Kerry County Council will provide further updates as the supply is restored. We appreciate your patience.

Kerry County Council | Facebook

Looks like Thai food chain Kanoodle are moving Into the Horan Centre, should be ready to go next month

I haven't heard of them. Where in the Horan centre are they going into?

The water still isn't back on! Some places haven't had water for 2 days. Water tankers will be deployed to areas worst affected. Irish water have been pathetic with updates on social media. Thankfully the council are being a lot better with updates.

Hopefully it will be back on sometime today. Wont' be easy for businesses in town who are not long reopened or any hospitality. Very frustrating!

Edited to add that there will be water tankers in O'Donnells, Mounthawk, Our Lady and St Brendans Church and Manor Shopping Centre from 12pm. And there is was in the Brandon carpark currently. Bring your own containers.

Post edited by Ciarrai76 on

We still have a trickle. Just enough for the basics of hydration and at least the tank is being refilled (slowly) after flushing the loo.

• Advertisement

Oh hopefully we will be back soon!! I wish I had seen the updates yesterday and I would have brought home water! My husband did get some last night thankfully.

Our trickle has now dried up.

I'm guessing it's the old medical supplies store I think it's the only available spot

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I thought there was talk of something else moving in there a few months ago? Or am I imagining that..??

Yeah, I thought that's where Quinlans fish are going?

It isn't looking likely we will have water back tonight, eventhough they said it would be but I was told by a neighbour its not likely and read on facebook that someone said that a fire crew said it won't be back either. Very frustrating! We filled up a container we had in garage with water from a tanker at the sports complex just to use in the toilets.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Yeah, did the same at the Complex. Great to see crates of Tipperary Spring there too but with the amount of slabs some folk were grabbing, I doubt they lasted too long! Got one slab for myself anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭barryribs

This is no doubt linked to the burst pipe that was fixed in Farranfore at the end of last week (which was the second time in a month that pipe had burst). The situation and the reporting of it is a complete joke, a third of the county is without water and RTE have been reporting it was back this morning. Whoever is involved in the engineering of this should be down outside the dole office Friday morning. Irish water are a bunch of shitehawks

10.30pm and still no water in Tralee, for me anyway. Really fed up now!!

• Advertisement

Yep same here got water at the sports complex but really annoyed that Irish water were on radio claiming the problem was solved, it's not!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Their Facebook page says they're going into the Horan Centre Deli/Mizzoni Pizza unit. That little unit is surely starting to get a little crowded now? I've never been in it but it must be big enough to be able to hold 3 different food offerings?

Yep, youre spot on.. will be interesting to see what it's like...I have to admit I've never been I side that shop as of yet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

I assume they will use what was the seating area at the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Did the water get sorted?

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Quaderno

Yes. About 2 hours ago I could hear the attic tank refilling. Not much too soon for most people I would think.

Ours only came back just after 8am! I was so glad to hear that tank filling up in the attic!

irish water are beyond useless! I read a comment that someone rang them to find out what time it would be back yesterday and they didn't even know about it, told the person to ring the council! The council said, no ring Irish Water! In fairness to the council, their updates were good, unlike Irish water who couldn't be bothered!

Yeah Irish water didn't do very well, and to top it all their spokesman on RTE Radio 1 lunchtime yesterday more or less said it was all fixed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Quaderno

Technically speaking it was fixed, but since the break happened in Killarney it took a long time for the water to arrive here. There was nothing that could be done about that though. Ideally there would be a way to feed the system from some other source (Shannon?) to keep the water flowing at least in the areas where there are no leaks.

Advertisement