Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters 2016

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭511

I was hoping for more of a fight from Hawkins so this match would end close to 9 o'clock, but it looks like I'll have to find something else to do for the next hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

crowd would annoy a saint.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Yeh crowd sound like a load of wasters . poor Barry . never mind I'm sure the 90 k will come in useful .

Pity with his form today after the great playing of yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

I used to be a massive snooker fan but watch it with a passing interest these days. Massive dearth in genuine talent. Outside O'Sullivan, Trump, Robertson, Selby and Murphy there's not much happening. Even the latter 3 don't fill you with much confidence. Can't listen to the BBC analysts anymore. Nauseating as fcuk, in particular Davis. Everything is the best best best ever apparently. No actual objective critique

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

I used to be a massive snooker fan but watch it with a passing interest these days. Massive dearth in genuine talent. Outside O'Sullivan, Trump, Robertson, Selby and Murphy there's not much happening. Even the latter 3 don't fill you with much confidence.

I think snooker is similar to golf in terms of the difficulty in being consistent. Higgins, Trump, Robertson, Bingham, Selby and Hawkins all showed good form during the week.

Trump and Selby in particular showed great form earlier in the week, but couldn't replicate this high level later in the tournament.

The world championship in April is always a better indicator of the depth of talent, with longer matches allowing good players to recover from one bad session.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

Well, the Masters is the top 20 players, so it might skew the age profile somewhat. And the consensus seems to be that more events on the tour are helping older players extend their careers and helping older guys like Bingham to improve their match play.

I think overall, the quality of players has improved, but considering the top older players that are around nowadays, it may be harder for any new players to win the big tournaments.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭tradhead

Really random question, asking for my boyfriend as it's driving him (and so, also me) mad!

Does anybody know what was Ronnie O' Sullivan's entrance music for the masters this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I think it has been the same as the previous years. I don't know what the name of it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

tradhead wrote: »
    Really random question, asking for my boyfriend as it's driving him (and so, also me) mad!

Does anybody know what was Ronnie O' Sullivan's entrance music for the masters this year?

The Hours "Ali in the Jungle"?

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭tradhead

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

Legend, thanks a million!

Advertisement