Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters 2016

Options

Comments

Great match there.

Higgins giving any tips for a flutter tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,356 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Watching the Bingham v Higgins match after watching Trump's win earlier is like going from watching Everton vs Arsenal to then watching Man Utd vs West Brom :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.
    Well done Ronnie! I look forward to seeing the highlights at 11:45 tonight, FFS.

Seriously BBC/World Snooker, get your acts together and put these types of match ups on in the evening.

No offense Mark Allen and Barry Hawkins, but I'd rather watch a kettle boil than watch the 2 of you missing sitters of pots all evening.

And then Judd Trump vs Neil Robertson on tomorrow at 1pm. Are you kidding me? :mad:

Hawkins has been a top class player for the last few years.

Not much trouble my arse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Thats the story with trump, hes hot and cold.

I can see Bingham winning this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭tanko

Thats the story with trump, hes hot and cold.

I can see Bingham winning this.

Did you put much on him?

Incredible stuff by Ronnie.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

That was an incredible last frame steal by Ronnie. Some black to the centre.

Really hope Bingham does the maximum. Ah feck it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,976 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

As much as I like watching O'Sullivan, the loutish element that follows him really gets on my tits.

• Advertisement

As much as I like watching O'Sullivan, the loutish element that follows him really gets on my tits.

Why not throw a couple of them out, that would sort it out surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭piobhan

Hawkins is 3/1, Ronnie complaining of a bad back,
    Always been a huge fan of Ronnie, Hawkins is 4/5 in the handicap at +3.5 frames, tempted!

Were Hawkins 3 centuries today not watchable enough for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭colossus-x

You see there's this think called a 'Draw'. The 'Draw' determines when the players play just like in the same way whoever wins a match determines who'll be playing in the next round. The idea that Ronnie would be required to ALWAYS play his matches in the evening to suit 9 to 5'ers is frankly S***ID not to mention being rather insulting to the other players.
    It was 2013 when O'Sullivan came back after an extended break to defend his world title. But even then, the BBC ended live coverage of the end of his first-round match to show a repeat episode of Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em. They got a lot of criticism for that.

The BBC have completely sorted out the issue of matches overrunning their time slot by introducing the 'red button' facility where all that is required is for the viewer to change channel. I don't think that's odd decision making rather an excellent solution.
    I think they're determined to show that snooker has a future after O'Sullivan, by highlighting other players. He turned 40 last month, so who knows how much longer he'll carry on in the game. But they're never going to convince people that the likes of Barry Hawkins vs. Joe Perry is quality prime-time entertainment!t

Who knew there was only one good snooker player. When Ronnie retires I think I'll just stop watching snooker ..like...forever.

Neatly avoiding my posts.

You're one of those who is bored by everyone bar Ronnie and Trump eh.

Snooker is about more than frame winning breaks.
    You haven't a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Hawkins is missing a few easy ones. Can't afford to be doing that.

Ronnie is going for everything. If he runs out of position he takes on a difficult pot. I think he is trying to finish this in the 1st session. He sees Hawkins missing easy pots so not to bothered about leaving him in

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Ronnie is really taking the piss though isn't he. Comes back after 8 months out and heading for another masters title. Then in interviews he says he is playing terrible and doesn't feel right with the cue action.

Presumably they play 8 or 9 before tonight so worst that could happen for hawkins or the crowd is 7 or 8-1

• Advertisement

Hopefully Hawkins can pull something out of the bag for this evenings session. I would be a big o'sullivan fan myself but that session today was pretty boring.

Very one sided. O Sullivan missed a few easy enough shots without being punished for it. Hawkins will need to really up his game of he has any chance.

Could very well be a quick final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭RoadhouseBlues

I like O'Sullivan myself, but I thought the commentators comments about the match last night were completely one sided in favour of him. They kept dismissing Bingham. At one stage he got an excellent snooker behind the yellow, and straight away they said it was a fluke. Its a good job the man was playing, and not listening to them.

I thought that myself actually. I've often seen O'Sullivan play some awful shots and very little is said. As soon as his opponent makes a mistake the commentators are all over them.

It must be disheartening if a player listens back to the commentary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭RoadhouseBlues

Exactly. It wouldn't do the confidence much good. I know Ronnie is very good and everything, but there is another player on the table as well. I was very surprised at how dismissive they were about Stuart. I absolutely love the game, but thats an uglier side to it that I hope gets weeded out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Throw out those idiots in the crowd. It must be very off putting.

That fluke must have been tough on Hawkins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭breffni bogballer

nothin goin for Hawkins,if he bought a goldfish it would drown

Advertisement