Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone bought the Pixel 5C

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

any backlight bleed issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭theroomisonfire

Just got an email to say that it has been dispatched

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭theroomisonfire

It arrived yesterday. Very impressed thus far with the device.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

This is going to sound a little odd but if anyone who has this tablet and plays 'The Simpsons Tapped Out', Can you report on how well it runs on it?

I have the Nvidia shield tablet and to my knowledge it's very similar in terms of hardware, however the game just grinds to a halt within a few minutes of playing.. like it runs out of ram or something. Was thinking of going to the Nexus but would have to know if the beefed up cpu and extra ram sort the issue or not first.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Patww79 wrote: »
    Never played it but in case nobody else has I'll download it tomorrow and give it a go to see.

any light bleed on your tablet Pat?

Thank!

It starts out fine but the bigger your town gets the faster it locks up and the only way back is a restart of the tablet. .. Thinking about it you may be playing a while before you have a sizeable town... I know its not CPU being under powered as its well up there but I do think its ram related as the shield has only 2GGB. Funny that its a 'gaming' tablet ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

god's toy wrote: »
    Thank!

It starts out fine but the bigger your town gets the faster it locks up and the only way back is a restart of the tablet. .. Thinking about it you may be playing a while before you have a sizeable town... I know its not CPU being under powered as its well up there but I do think its ram related as the shield has only 2GGB. Funny that its a 'gaming' tablet ...

Have you checked out any Nvidia forums as no way should you be having issues like that on such monster hardware. I'm running a maxed out 6250+ item town on a Samsung tab pro and it's only slowed down a tiny bit since I'v started playing that game.

• Advertisement

Venom wrote: »
    Have you checked out any Nvidia forums as no way should you be having issues like that on such monster hardware. I'm running a maxed out 6250+ item town on a Samsung tab pro and it's only slowed down a tiny bit since I'v started playing that game.

Yep I'm on my 2nd shield now and it's still the same. I get about 5 mins of tapping houses but then it stutters and if I keep going without restarting it will freze the tablet. If I visit any towns it will freze by the 2nd town.

If the nexus c does better then I would get it.

Patww79 wrote: »
    Played for about an hour there, had around 15 buildings and roads etc, visited other town, but not even a hint of a slow down.

Thanks for your reply. Will be adding this to my list I think!

Advertisement