Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scratch cups 2016

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Montgolfier

I love Birr too great track love the slopes on the greens. The par 3 s are great especially the long one on the 14th. It's under rated because it's too hilly for most.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

I love Birr too great track love the slopes on the greens. The par 3 s are great especially the long one on the 14th. It's under rated because it's too hilly for most.

It is pretty hilly but a great challange :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

shaunac93 wrote:
    It is pretty hilly but a great challange

Just in from round today, in great knick but greens are a fraction slow but it helped me get some great putts :) playing match against other offaly club who commented numerous times on the good condition :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

Any of ye playing in Tralee today there is a fog delay with talk at the moment of abandoning the Comp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

Are u serious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

Any of ye playing in Tralee today there is a fog delay with talk at the moment of abandoning the Comp

Playing again a hour and a half delayed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

Cleared for a great day weather wise in Tralee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Back home after a super super weekend in ballybunion,Weather was unreal. Played senior scratch , cashen first, found it very tricky. And not knowing lines and alot of blind shots made for very hard round. Had 85. First round leader was 71. Of course by a local. Then onto the old which I've played before, Course is looking excellent. 18 New greens will need good few months to bed in. They were very hairy and very very slow. Had an 81 on the old. Winning score was -1 overall. Super scoring around them 2 courses. Links is a game that just doesn't suit my game although I love playing it

• Registered Users Posts: 21,154 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

dar_cool wrote: »
    Back home after a super super weekend in ballybunion,Weather was unreal. Played senior scratch , cashen first, found it very tricky. And not knowing lines and alot of blind shots made for very hard round. Had 85. First round leader was 71. Of course by a local. Then onto the old which I've played before, Course is looking excellent. 18 New greens will need good few months to bed in. They were very hairy and very very slow. Had an 81 on the old. Winning score was -1 overall. Super scoring around them 2 courses. Links is a game that just doesn't suit my game although I love playing it

Are scores available online for it? My brother was playing it, know he did fairly well. Sounded a great weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

Played tralee and ballybunion intermediate scratch cups at the weekend.

Tralee was gorgeous but there was a good breeze blowing. started well enough(first two holes : ) ). +1 playing the third the par three towards the castle thingy. 1 right into the atlantic, 3 right into the atlantic and 5 long left into the atlantic.(3 brand new pro v 1's)

So that was the end of my scratch cup efforts in tralee for 2016. really enjoyed the rest of the round but christ it was tough. Still my favourite course especially the back nine. personally i'd say the greens were grand.
    Also had the privilege of meeting a few fellow boards members. SeveOB, kiers and keano who were out in front of us.

headed to ballybunion on saturday evening. dropped the bags into the b and b and headed downtown for 1 or 2. Ya know yourself.....weren't home til around 2 i'd say. up at 7 for an 8.24 tee time feeling a bit delicate to say the least.

Again a beautiful morning for golf. two members in the clubhouse told us that the greens were slow. My god. they were definitely probably the slowest greens i ever played on. When your ball started to slow down at all it just stopped. After a few holes we stopped lining up putts because there really wasn't much point and just hammered every putt at the hole. all the greens are brand new and they cannot be cut down tight for another few months to give them a chance. Apart from the greens(and I'm sure they will be class in a few months) the rest of the course is in fantastic condition. I had never played it before but the member that we played with was telling us about all the work that has been carried out there in the last few years. serious work done and the place is class. Personally still put tralee first though.

and to the golf.... i was going along nicely. +6 standing on the 11th tee. proceeded to donate another three nice new pro v 1's to the atlantic ocean. so that was that.

Mighty weekend. two fantastic courses. found tralee to be harder than ballybunion. Can't wait for next year already!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Laytown & Bettystown Intermediate & Minor Scratch Cup takes place on Sunday 5 June

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Hoof Hearted2

Ring of Kerry G.C., Scratch Cup weekend, Junior (5-10), Intermediate(11-18) and Minor(19+).

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Eoinyh

Jawgap wrote: »
    Laytown & Bettystown Intermediate & Minor Scratch Cup takes place on Sunday 5 June

Were is the booking for this,not on their site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Eoinyh wrote: »
    Were is the booking for this,not on their site

Don't know why, but it doesn't seem to be available to book on the system yet - it's still not available to members yet either.

Might be best to give the office a ring on Monday - 041 9827170

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭The Premier Man

I have 2 slots for the Mt.juliet junior scratch cup this Sunday at 14.40 that I can't make.any interest before I cancel?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Moate Scratch Cups on next weekend. Minor, Intermediate, Junior and a 36 hole Senior on Sunday.

www.moategolfclub.ie for bookings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 BM5000

Hey guys, Ed here. Any senior scratch cups coming up? Preferably in leinster as I'm based in Dublin on the L plates. I'm new to this sorry if already answered recently... Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

BM5000 wrote: »
    Hey guys, Ed here. Any senior scratch cups coming up? Preferably in leinster as I'm based in Dublin on the L plates. I'm new to this sorry if already answered recently... Thanks

Best bet is the gui website. Www.golfnet.ie

Other than that you could check out irish golf noticeboard on Facebook

Or boards.ie user D Hayes has his own list. It's been posted a few times on this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

BM5000 wrote: »

Luttrellstown have a 36 hole SSC and JSC on the 5th June, Sunday week. Should be a good one.

Luttrellstown have a 36 hole SSC and JSC on the 5th June, Sunday week. Should be a good one.

I'm bloody working that day. Going mad. I wonder will they have it off the blues ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

I'm bloody working that day. Going mad. I wonder will they have it off the blues ?

Hope not! They have us out in 4balls so long enough day as it is!

Hope not! They have us out in 4balls so long enough day as it is!

Jesus 4 balls.Bad decision that. Could be a 5 hour round. Prizes will be great though. Won an open singles 2 weeks ago prize was 150 voucher. Came 2nd week before and 75 voucher. Place is in stunning condition. Was talking to the captain he said they spent 70 grand on all new equipment for the greens. They have a blue Monday every few weeks. 30 points could win that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,846 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Jesus 4 balls.Bad decision that. Could be a 5 hour round. Prizes will be great though. Won an open singles 2 weeks ago prize was 150 voucher. Came 2nd week before and 75 voucher. Place is in stunning condition. Was talking to the captain he said they spent 70 grand on all new equipment for the greens. They have a blue Monday every few weeks. 30 points could win that :D

Have to get outta there for a game soon. It's a class course

Yeah greedy clubs playing 4 balls in scratch cups, it's not on.
    I played BallyB yesterday, 3balls, lovely stuff, splendid!.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

Lucan Junior Scratch Cup - Monday June 6th

There are still some spots available.. 36 Holes in 3 Balls at a cost of €30 plus a light lunch.

Bookings can be made through BRS or by ringing the Pro Shop on 01 6280246 ext 7

I played BallyB yesterday, 3balls, lovely stuff, splendid!.

how were the greens? extremely slow a few weeks back for the intermediate

fearruanua wrote: »
    how were the greens? extremely slow a few weeks back for the intermediate

Yes same, but understandably so, the work done has made a massive change to the quality of the course, they have really raised the bar for links and other courses alike!.

Yes same, but understandably so, the work done has made a massive change to the quality of the course, they have really raised the bar for links and other courses alike!.

I'd never been before so I had nothing to go on regarding the changes. The member we were playing with was filling us in on all the changes alright. Some amount of work done and massive money spent by all accounts. Class track. Please God we'll head down again next year and i'm sure the greens will be a different story.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 DM12345

Lads, anyone know when Killarney SSC is on? Played last year and was on 3rd weekend of June (I think) but no word of it being around that time this year. Good day out on Killeen and Mahonys was had last year so if anyone knows any info on this id appreciate it. Cheers

• Advertisement

DM12345 wrote: »
    Lads, anyone know when Killarney SSC is on? Played last year and was on 3rd weekend of June (I think) but no word of it being around that time this year. Good day out on Killeen and Mahonys was had last year so if anyone knows any info on this id appreciate it. Cheers

August 6th according to their website:o.

Advertisement