Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N Roses (kinda) Reuniting

Options
  • 06-01-2016 8:25pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭

It's unlikely it'll be the classic AFD line-up but Duff and Slash are confirmed to be back in the band for the first time in 20 years, 3 out of 5 isn't bad I suppose, I'd be surprised if it didn't end in tears somehow.

www.blabbermouth.net/news/axl-rose-slash-and-duff-mckagan-officially-confirmed-for-guns-n-roses-reunion/

Would you go see the reformed Guns N Roses line-up? 133 votes

Yes Absolutely
    0% 0 votes
    And Wait All Night For That Prima Donna? F*ck Off
    47% 63 votes
    Maybe If My Friends Are Going
    43% 58 votes
    I Don't Need Your Civil War
    9% 12 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭gholian

I was told they were reforming a few day ago but to be honest I did not believe it. Still can't see it happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭nokia69

A good band back in the day but more or less the poor mans Bon Jovi IMO

and I'm not really a big fan of Axl's comedy work, Bo Selecta was very hit and miss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Axl can't sing anymore sounds dire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Exactly why I'm not too enthused about this. AFD era they were outstanding, same with UYI...but these days Axl is brutal

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I accidentally hid the poll results, could a Mod please change that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Anyone who pays money to see Axl Rose do anything in 2016 should also contact me about these great sunglasses I have on offer at the moment, also a pill that make you manhood big, strong, hard - she love you long time and no regrets. Passionate bored womens in your areas want loving now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Axl would melt on stage anyway, the man is plastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

Bows and Quality Street is where it's at.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,174 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I saw him last year and his voice wasn't too bad. I was pleasantly surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Their last 'reunion' is widely regarded as one of the worst in musical history. Slash isn't going to make Rose sound any better live!

Can't blame them for wanting to do it though. They'd be quids in if all they did was get on stage together and scratch their balls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

They can't be that badly in need of money. Rose does not have the type of voice which ages gracefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Do people still like Guns N Roses ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Hasn't stopped Bob Dylan tbf

Hasn't stopped Bob Dylan tbf

But Bob never had a good voice to begin with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

nokia69 wrote: »
    But Bob never had a good voice to begin with

Nonsense. It was unusual and distinctive, but it was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,861 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

A good band back in the day but more or less the poor mans Bon Jovi IMO

No, just no.

Suas11 wrote: »
    No, just no.

very similar bands TBF

make a playlist of the two bands, every second song by each band, a person who knew nothing of both bands could hardly tell the difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

very similar bands TBF

make a playlist of the two bands, every second song by each band, a person who knew nothing of both bands could hardly tell the difference

They could. GNR is fairly sh1te, while Bon Jovi is utter sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

GNR were not ****e.

GNR were not ****e.

True

Sweet child of mine, Bad Medicine, and Livin on a prayer, are all very good songs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

GNR were not ****e.

While Appetite For Destruction deserves its reputation as one of the greatest ever rock albums the rest of their output after it is fairly mediocre on the whole, with only a few decent tracks. This is largely due to the attitude of Axl Rose, who apparently acted as if the rest of the band was an inconvenience to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,861 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

very similar bands TBF

They might be similar-ish in style but GNR were always the far better band.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭irish coldplayer

Custardpi wrote: »
    While Appetite For Destruction deserves its reputation as one of the greatest ever rock albums the rest of their output after it is fairly mediocre on the whole, with only a few decent tracks. This is largely due to the attitude of Axl Rose, who apparently acted as if the rest of the band was an inconvenience to him.

"Lies" the preceding album was a good album as well.
    I remember as a kid the inlay cover of the cd was... ahem... stimulating

Slash's autobiography is a very entertaining read as well

"Lies" the preceding album was a good album as well.
    I remember as a kid the inlay cover of the cd was... ahem... stimulating

Slash's autobiography is a very entertaining read as well

Yeah, I have a copy of Lies somewhere around the place, decent enough album alright. Read that book a while back, he really doesn't pull many punches when it comes to describing the relationship with Axl.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭gholian

Have to agree. If they do reform it's for the money. Can't see any new material coming. Chinese Democracy, probably the longest recording album and most expense ever and was terrible. Not one decent song.

Didn't particularly like GnR, but appreciated their abilities, good hard rock bank with good vocalist, great lead guitarist, bass guitarist who played with other alt groups like Janes Addiction etc.

Bon Jovi? Just pretty boys with nice hair and teeth who played nice easy MTV friendly soft rock for white teenage girls.

While GnR in their prime were certainly the harder rockers I do think there's a place for the cheesy stadium hair rock personified by Bon Jovi. Slippery When Wet is a very fun record to listen to.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Another completely unnecessary reunion. It won't last though, Axels ego will see to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

GNR were not ****e.

They were. Bar a handful of catchy tunes they were by and large mediocre at best. Typical of "hair rock" bands of the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

They were. Bar a handful of catchy tunes they were by and large mediocre at best. Typical of "hair rock" bands of the time.

Pfft. Slash once wore a t-shirt which read: "Opinions are like a******s. Everybody has one!"

GnR were far better than mediocre. They were one of those bands that come along every generation and give the music business a kick up the a**e.

Advertisement