Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vintage\Collectible Toys etc - Collection Pics

Options
  • 06-01-2016 3:52pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if there is anyone on this Forum that collects Collectible Toys and Games, vintage or modern? Last year i started buying back a lot of stuff i had as a kid, and through doing this came across some stuff that i had years ago, but had completely forgotten about!

Right now a lot of my stuff is packed in boxes as im just finishing an attic conversion, im sure anyone who collects knows the pain of having no room to put your stuff!

I put in a forum request recently to get a collectible toy forum setup but i guess there wasn't enough interest and it was suggested i post here.

There seems to be a few threads in other forums regarding collectibles, eg the transformers forum has a thread on toys etc. so not sure where is the best place to post this put sure see if there is any interest here!

Do any of you guys collect toy lines, or old toys from 80s 90s or before? If so im hoping maybe you will post some pictures of your collections in this thread and we can get a conversation going about it?

As i mentioned most of my stuff is packaged away at the minute ill post pictures when the attic is completed, but here are some recent things i have got along with some stuff thats not packed up..

Some of my Arcade Cabs.. before i started collecting toys i picked up a few cabs, fixed them up, new artwork etc and also collected retro video games and consoles.

image.jpeg

Got this last month, was after one for a while.

image3.jpeg

Tomy Tronics Jungle Fighter, the rare one, picked this up during the year and completed the set of 5.

2.jpg

A few of transformers Masterpiece

4.jpg
    IMG_0570.jpg

Krang..

IMG_20150612_220150.jpg

Falcon

IMG_1033.jpg

ReAction Firefly Figures

IMG_0910.jpg

Spare room corner of recent stuff

IMG_0556.jpg

IMG_0478.jpg

Hopefully ill have my attic done soon and can throw up some pics of other stuff, would love see and chat with any other collectors out there!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

That is a hell of a collection. I am not a toy collector myself - but is that the 'Kong' arcade game you have?!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Cheers, thats just a few bits ive got since i boxed all my stuff up. the donkey cab is a generic cab i fixed up and put the donkey kong artwork on. It has a 60in1 board in it with the likes of space invaders, pacman, DK, etc on it. its not an original nintendo cab unfortunately!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Fantastic collection! :eek:

I've a few bits and bobs from my youth, but I suppose my only collectible as such would be the entire set of the very first Space Lego from the late 70's. every kit here basically with the extra baseplates too. Put together it would cover a fair sized table.

Image-03-LEGO-Catalog-1979-Space-German.png

I don't have the boxes, but I did keep all the instruction sheets. Back in the day I didn't get the biggest set which was the Galaxy Explorer model 928. The toy shops had run out of stock and then soon after I got into other stuff, carefully packed the rest away in the attic and that was that. Thirty years later one night on ebay I bid and won that last kit(for next to nothing compared to today. 30 quid inc P&P IIRC). Slowly slowly catchy monkey :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Thats cool to still have them with the instructions, i had one or two of the space lego when i was younger, still have loads of lego but its just in a big barrel ive no instructions for any of it. my own kids play with it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Keith, is it wrong Im am most impressed with square LEGO space roads, brought back ole memories :)
    That and the Tomy racer :)

I havent bought much since completed TF Takara Collection 00-21 but really want to try get Masterpiece Ultra Magnus if not too late and up and coming RodiumsHotrod and Shockwave. Where is best to buy Masterpiece nowadays? BigBadToyStore?

Loving the cabs as per usual, the efort you but into each of them was epic!!!

Here my little collection. I have load Hemans in boxes too from 2002 range.
    IMG_20111215_231713.jpg
    IMG_20111221_045809.jpgg
    IMG_20111221_045820.jpg
    IMG_20111221_045751.jpg
    20151118_134257.jpg

And few Cabs to try match your awesomeness :)
    20151231_141957.jpg
    Photo0235.jpg
    Kevs%252520Cabs%2525204.jpg
    20151117_193737.jpg

• Advertisement

Nice Kevin, cant wait to unbox all my stuff looking at that! Whats the Takara collection?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I'd forgotten about Bigfoot, now on my wanted toys list:) Thanks Optimus!!

Do you know what year that was, think that was the exact colour one I had..

Not sure of the year to be honest, there is a key that goes in it which i dont have. I had another one called "Animal" which had claws on the wheels, there is one in the photos above but its not the same one i had years ago.. so its still on my list!

Nice Kevin, cant wait to unbox all my stuff looking at that! Whats the Takara collection?

Basically reissues of all toys I had with cool box that opens up window style with cool Jap artwrok.
    Prob one collection I completed, but love to get Ultra Magnus next, they so expensive below after release dates thou.
    Ive lost touch dont even know where to buy Masterpieces now a days.

The Transformers Collection is one of Takara's series of Generation 1 reissues. Each toy is housed inside a "book-box"-style package that opens just like a large book, complete with a small booklet containing profiles of the reissued character (and a couple of random characters), episodes of the cartoon and a small portion of the Japanese catalog.

Number Item Release date Notes
    0 Convoy (Optimus Prime) ?? 2002 "Thick" rifle, new energon axe accessory
    1 Meister (Jazz) July 20, 2002 "Martinii" sponsor decals modified to "Meister"
    2 Prowl July 20, 2002 Altered decals
    3 Skids September 27 2002
    4 Tracks September 27, 2002
    5 Smokescreen December 20, 2002 Altered stickers
    6 Megatron December 20, 2002 New energon mace accessory
    7 Lambor (Sideswipe) March ??, 2003 Reissue of New Year Special version
    8 Inferno June ??, 2003 Blue eyes, tampographed symbol
    9 Starscream June ??, 2003 Retooled fists, gun mode Megatron accessory, Optimus Prime fist for gun-Megatron
    10 Soundwave September ??, 2003 Includes Laserbeak & cassette case
    11 Astrotrain December ??, 2003 Japanese white coloration, altered stickers
    12 Minibot Team January ??, 2004
    13 Hot Rodimus (Hot Rod) April ??, 2004 Metal parts, retooled original guns, Targetmaster Firebolt
    14 Hound July ??, 2004
    15 Stepper (Ricochet) August ??, 2004 Includes original Jazz weapons, retooled Nebulon
    16 Insectrons (Insecticons) September ??, 2004 Bombshell, Kickback & Shrapnel, includes 3 energon cubes
    17 Blitzwing January ??, 2005 No rubsign, turret cannot be removed
    18 Soundblaster March ??, 2005 Includes Ravage & Buzzsaw w/ cassette cases
    19 Cybertron Perceptor June ??, 2005
    20 Future Cybertrons (Autobots) August ??, 2005 Targetmaster Chear (Kup) w/ metal parts, Recoil, Wheelie w/ gray face
    21 Broadcast (Blaster) March ??, 2006 Includes Steeljaw w/ cassette case

Oh thats pretty sweet, what sort of price range are they? I probably missed the boat on them at this stage though.

ive a load of Masterpiece and Third party, most in boxes at the minute. I got Trypticon combiner wars this week for 80 sterling off amazon after seeing a bargain alert on the transformers thread.

I generally only collect the masterpieces and some 3rd party transformers, i do have 1 or 2 originals but just ones i picked up over the years combiner wars devastator too and mega zarak scorponok.

I get all mine from kapowtoys.co.uk

Your right though they are crazy expensive especially after the initial release, i got lucky though and they reissued the ones i had originally missed so i pretty much have them all now. was a big transformers fan as a kid, comic and tv show. recently completed a comic collection of the entire original marvel comic from the 80s.

• Advertisement

Oh thats pretty sweet, what sort of price range are they?

FFS there goes my wallet you gave me kick to go preorder :)
    Gonna order Shockwave and that awesome Rodmus to go with Prime Masterpiece. Now to track down Ultra Magnus I suppose ASAP before I egret it. Hotrod is class fishing rod from 1986 movie too :)
    Do they charge you full 13e shipping to ireland, UK only 3.50. Is it worth asking them?

Yeah Id say 22 pieces that came out together could get 5000$, I saw once on Ebay. Prob worth 3k id say, Ive only opened Megatron one.

The question is if you could keep one what TF would it be, I say prime masterpiece thats sexiest but kit I have got, it transformers so well too and quality of materials has great feel to them.

I usually get them shipped to parcel motel so its 3.50 sterling then the motel charge.

Yeh like prime too and soundwave is well built as well. Ive also got the apolyon megatron 3rd part and thats great.

This arrived this morning..

IMG_1040.jpg

IMG_1041.jpg

Sweet Thanks, I setup parcel Motel Account, been meaning to do it for years now.
    Did 2 Orders, both will come to over 100stg but paid 3.50 shipping anyways as only did preoders.

Thanks Mate, shall be posting in a few months here again :)
    www.kapowtoys.co.uk/transformers-mp29-shockwave-2959.html

March Preorder
    Transformers Masterpiece MP29 Shockwave
    Feb PreOrder
    Transformers Masterpiece MP28 Hotrod 2.0
    Transformers MP22 Masterpiece Ultra Magnus ( Reissue )

That website is dangerous haha I think I have half it pre ordered between masterpiece and 3rd party transformers, not to mention the mondo turtles!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭dakan

Attachment not found.
    Attachment not found.
    Attachment not found.
    Attachment not found.

Also have original MB Games Ghost castle and Heroquest and Battle Masters and
    Attachment not found.

Have been on the look out for a nice wide display cabinet to display them. I know Ikea have ones but they aren't wide enough. Has anyone seen any good ones available in Ireland?

COOL... i have that lego castle myself, have had it since i was a kid! That Voltron is worth a few quid i think too isnt it? Love the Zoids and Dinoriders!

Ive told myself recently im only going for boxed stuff in future, whenever i get something unboxed i end up buying it again boxed and its costing me a fortune, when i have my attic done im going to sell a load of doubles i have on adverts.

Here is some stuff ive picked up recently..

Couple of Mask Toys

1.jpg

Complete collection of boxed Stargate The Movie Toys!

2.jpg

Then just a few bits i had when i was a kid

ET Stuntcar.. I hate the film ET, But loved this when i was younger.

4.jpg

The Real Ghostbusters

3.jpg

And.. an old game me and my brother had.. took me ages to find this..

5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭dakan

Love the MASK toys. Out of curiosity, where do you get most your stuff? Still have them from childhood or buy from Ebay?
    Ebay seems to be the only way to collect this stuff. Went to a retro toy fair in Stillorgen Park Hotel once but it was mostly Matchbox/Dinky cars and models of trucks. One guy was selling some Lego but 90% cars.

Also look at Vectis every so often. But between Sterling, auctioneers fees and delivery charges, Ebay is usually cheaper.

Mostly eBay to be honest. I'd love to go to a toy fair but like you say I'd imagine is mostly old cars and stuff and I've no interest in them at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭CorkMan_

Some savage stuff there, some bring back memories!

I was in my parents attic a few years ago and came across my first mobile phone and all original packaging. Thought I'd thrown it out! It's now safely stored in my own place. Got it Oct '98 or '99 can't remember exactly.

Have a few older typewriters and sewing machines but my main hobby is collecting model cars. Been at it since I was 13 or 14. Currently have about 400 in 1:18 scale and 130 in 1:43 scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Class pics!! Im in love with the Bigfoot truck with the controls on top! Had that as a kid. Myself id be after Star Wars, Mask, WWF, He-Man, Transformers pretty much anything from the early to mid 80's!! I have some Star Wars stuff myself that i have passed onto my son for his unopened collection that i have persuaded him to start! ;) I have a few trunks of toys that we brought home from the states in the 80's that i have to go through. Im sure ill find some GI Joe and all the others ive mentioned. All opened of course!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Imbatman

I collect horror and batman toys,some vintage some fairly modern,sold the bulk of the collection due to losing my job and slowly building it up again,it would be nice to have a toy forum for adult collectors,almost impossible to meet other collectors here,I have two mates that collect,and a third who collects posters so we are a rare breed here lol.

Hi, i tried to get a forum setup for it a while ago, got enough votes but when reviewed boards didnt feel there was enough interest in it, which there probably isnt to warrant a full forum in fairness. Got any pics of your collection?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Imbatman

Half the batman collection so far.

Looks nice ! All boxed too love it !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭hexosan

Hi, i tried to get a forum setup for it a while ago, got enough votes but when reviewed boards didnt feel there was enough interest in it, which there probably isnt to warrant a full forum in fairness. Got any pics of your collection?

Why not look to get this thread added as a sticky here

I will do if it gets enough posts, right now its only 2 pages long so i dont think it would be made a sticky.

Well lets get the post count up!! Picked up a few more bits for "the little fellas" collection this past week. Got a Disney Elite Phasma. Also waiting on a couple figures in the post. Ill post a pick later on of "his" collection.

Cool get some pics up! here's a couple of recent ones ive got.

Switchblade boxed

IMG_1783.jpg

Masterpiece Shockwave

IMG_1802.jpg

Masterpiece Ramjet

IMG_1801.jpg

I also got a pinball machine a couple of months ago, the first of many if i can find more! im addicted to it. had to sell my MK2 cab to make room.. but im delighted with it.

26.jpg

• Advertisement

Brilliant stuff.. Those transformers look cool.. and i love mask..

Advertisement