Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My HOTD3 journey

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

eddhorse wrote: »
    Grant Spain has replied on AO, he is the guru !
    Fixed a couple of monitors for me.

Just seen that now will give it a go, nothing to lose at this stage

Edit: where are the deflection coils :(

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

I think that's the bare copper on the neck of the monitor (not entirely sure if that's the correct name for it either, ha. Just guessing)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

CRT_color_enhanced.png

Cutaway rendering of a color CRT:
    1. Three electron emitters (for red, green, and blue phosphor dots)
    2. Electron beams
    3. Focusing coils
    4. Deflection coils
    5. Anode (collector)
    6. Mask for separating beams for red, green, and blue part of displayed image
    7. Phosphor layer with red, green, and blue zones
    8. Close-up of the phosphor-coated inner side of the screen

CRT_block_diagram.gif

Be careful

CRT_color_enhanced.png

Cutaway rendering of a color CRT:
    1. Three electron emitters (for red, green, and blue phosphor dots)
    2. Electron beams
    3. Focusing coils
    4. Deflection coils
    5. Anode (collector)
    6. Mask for separating beams for red, green, and blue part of displayed image
    7. Phosphor layer with red, green, and blue zones
    8. Close-up of the phosphor-coated inner side of the screen

CRT_block_diagram.gif

Be careful

Cheers and I'll try not blow myself up

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Get one of these!
    Sylvania-Cathode-Ray-Tubes-1946-620x823.jpg

• Advertisement

Any joy?

HOTD4 parts if they are of any use?
    http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=33108

Any joy?

HOTD4 parts if they are of any use?
    http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=33108

Going to have a look today,been busy at work all week. General opinion on these monitors is they were a disaster to keep working even when there was support from Sega

So i see you have given up !

Given up the ghost on most my arcades ha blast gone aswell, might wait a while a get something new

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Given up the ghost on most my arcades ha blast gone aswell, might wait a while a get something new

Sorry to hear it.
    You will be back....

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear it.
    You will be back....

That I will

• Registered Users Posts: 34,569 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

FixitFelix wrote: »

My two have been sitting in a lockup a year this weekend and I've almost been feeling the same.

Any time I go out to pick stuff up I get this overwhelming 'holy **** I've two candy cabs!' and it all changes.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder, it's odd but true.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

o1s1n wrote: »
    My two have been sitting in a lockup a year this weekend and I've almost been feeling the same.

Any time I go out to pick stuff up I get this overwhelming 'holy **** I've two candy cabs!' and it all changes.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder, it's odd but true.

Agreed.

Just fired mine up a few minutes ago to make sure all is ok (first time in I don't know how long) - soon as I heard 'Atlus' and see those lovely scan lines... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Am I the only one who powers up their cabs just for a bit of ambience from time to time? I find myself powering up the Ridge Racer and Point Blank if I’m doing a bit of work in the garage. And the candy gets powered up all the time as that’s something I play every day or two.

Leaving cabs (especially candies) installed but powered off for weeks is a sin folks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Absolutely I just often fire up the atomiswave at weekends and leave the attract mode of games running.
    Metal slug 1 and street fighter 2 would be my go tos for this.

Hyperspin on its attract is great for this also as it will cycle randomly through game themes showing a video clip of each game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭Steve X2

One feature I’d like to see on the hyperspin attract is that when you cancel it by moving the stick or pressing a button it goes back to whatever game/system you had selected previously, and not the last game that was on attract list.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Steve X2 wrote: »
    One feature I’d like to see on the hyperspin attract is that when you cancel it by moving the stick or pressing a button it goes back to whatever game/system you had selected previously, and not the last game that was on attract list.

Going off thread topic I know but I agree 100%.
    I get the impression that it's "don't hold your breath" for future Hyperspin development.

Advertisement