Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Gear Vitural Reality headset

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,895 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

How is it stopping you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Thargor wrote: »
    How is it stopping you?

When you go to click on the media content, it displays a message saying something along the lines of "This content uses a lot of data and requires a wifi connection". Something like that.

I have the 32GB model of S6, its got limited space and having to copy content over is no use for me.

I kept myself subscribed to this thread because it was reminding me to send it back before 9th March. I took it to the Post Office today. Considering I paid around £82 and you guys got it for €49, it really sealed the deal in making me send it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

When you go to click on the media content, it displays a message saying something along the lines of "This content uses a lot of data and requires a wifi connection". Something like that.

I have the 32GB model of S6, its got limited space and having to copy content over is no use for me.

I kept myself subscribed to this thread because it was reminding me to send it back before 9th March. I took it to the Post Office today. Considering I paid around £82 and you guys got it for €49, it really sealed the deal in making me send it back.

Pretty sure it just says it recommends you use a wifi connection...

Yeah the Filmon app and a load of others do the same thing, Ive never heard of one actually stopping you, its always just a warning before ou proceed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Will wearing glasses using this cause an issue? is it even possible?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

unklerosco wrote: »
    Pretty sure it just says it recommends you use a wifi connection...

100% sure it wouldnt let me. I didnt download a load of apps in truth. I used the Oculus software, and the cinema thing. Some things offer a warning and suggest using wifi, but you can proceed with mobile data, but the movie content, the clips required a wifi connection. To try it out I had to get my OH to create a wifi hotspot on her mobile so I could use her 4G connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Crap, been wanting one and gutted to miss the Vodafone offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭marcus2000

Just checked my card and I have been charged twice for my Headset. 29th of Feb and then again on the 2nd March. I went into my orders on vodafone, and it shows two orders (It's an error - I only ordered one). I'll wait until Monday to complain, but if the second one arrives before hand, ill happily sell for (49) to anyone here....instead of the effort of returning it. (for collection in d6 or d8) or u can pay for delivery!!

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

marcus2000 wrote: »
    Just checked my card and I have been charged twice for my Headset. 29th of Feb and then again on the 2nd March. I went into my orders on vodafone, and it shows two orders (It's an error - I only ordered one). I'll wait until Monday to complain, but if the second one arrives before hand, ill happily sell for (49) to anyone here....instead of the effort of returning it. (for collection in d6 or d8) or u can pay for delivery!!

That's funny i got my one this morning but was showing two ordered in my account was charged for one

• Registered Users Posts: 20,169 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

never really heard of these,but ordered one for my edge + , wow , very impressed. not alot of content, but whats there is very nice. that surfing video is class :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'd love to take it off your hands if it turns up.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

That's funny i got my one this morning but was showing two ordered in my account was charged for one

If either of you get 2, I will gladly take one off you. Only got paid and now they're not available anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭blackplum123

Has anyone figured out how to use apps outside of the Oculus store

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Mine was ordered, confirmed, and without any notice cancelled.. I just realised now...
    Not an email to tell me, and now Im concerned about the credit card

Surprised how they dealt with this.. I was waiting for it to arrive..

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭dos29

Has anyone figured out how to use apps outside of the Oculus store

Package disabler pro from the play store. It's a paid app, I was too lazy to look for something similar in a free app.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭blackplum123

dos29 wrote: »
    Package disabler pro from the play store. It's a paid app, I was too lazy to look for something similar in a free app.

I downloaded package disable pro and disabled all oculus . Won't work .
    Which ones do I actually disable so it will work .
    Thanks for help !

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭dos29

I downloaded package disable pro and disabled all oculus . Won't work .
    Which ones do I actually disable so it will work .
    Thanks for help !

Sorry, should have said.
    Not the Oculus ones, just "Gear VR Service"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Anyone know where you can get a gamepad for this device ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

arrrgh...I only saw this last night. I'm developing games and apps for google cardboard and was trying to get my hands on one of these earlier in the year to try and test porting to them( when carphone warehouse were selling an older version for €249) ....If anyone got two and fancies selling one on for something reasonable let me know..

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭monster1

So this cant be bought anywhere?

• Advertisement

Dr Bob wrote: »
    arrrgh...I only saw this last night. I'm developing games and apps for google cardboard and was trying to get my hands on one of these earlier in the year to try and test porting to them( when carphone warehouse were selling an older version for €249) ....If anyone got two and fancies selling one on for something reasonable let me know..
    Get onto someone in Samsung Ireland through Twitter or FB and you'll probably blag one, include pics of the app and other stuff like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Missed out on this too - shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 bexiturley

Seems to be back in stock again now online.

bexiturley wrote: »
    Seems to be back in stock again now online.

Where?

shop.vodafone.ie/shop/accessories/samsung-gear-vr-white

Can't post links because of new use rules so add the usual http:// at the start

Can't post links because of new use rules so add the usual http:// at the start

Thanks that's great. Saved me 50 euro. Was about to buy from amazon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Kaiser84

Thanks. Was going to buy one from Adverts for 100 euro. Nice one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭vjmcdonnell

Please don't sell out before Tuesday when I'm paid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭Doge

One huge pathetic joke with this headset is that the vast majority of the content, especially streaming movies etc is only done over wifi. It will not allow me to stream over my 4G connection. As I only have a 4G connection as there is no ADSL on my local exchange, it means I cannot use most of the stuff. I should be able to use 4g if I want.

Throw your sim into some old ****ty smart phone and use it to tether the data through wifi? :p

Advertisement