Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Gear Vitural Reality headset

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Dard23

Thanks OP, just bought one. No issues except some bank safety check. My thinking is they are pricing them low for now to get some out the door and as popularity builds up the price will increase. I dunno though, somehow it feels like a waste of money but we'll see!

keano25 wrote:
    Are these yokes for watching the likes of netflix or what?

You can do yeah but the whole point is immersion in whatever you're doing be it video watching or gaming. A novelty right now but seems to be the future!

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

Top Tip : Keep the box and you could get €20 for it in 50 years time ! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 fumij

fast_eddie wrote: »
    On the Vodafone site, what's listed as "Gear VR" for eur49 is indeed the Gear VR. Quoted specs include phone compatibility with S6, S6 edge, S7, Note 5.

What's listed as "Gear VR2" for eur199 is the "Gear VR Innovator edition"...

how does Gear VR2 work? Will it harm our eyes?

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭boardbro

Mine cancelled

• Advertisement

boardbro wrote:
    Mine cancelled

As in you cancelled or it was cancelled for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,011 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Just received mine, ill wait till I get home to give it a whirl !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Does it create a bigger screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,895 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    Does it create a bigger screen?

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭boardbro

Dard23 wrote: »
    As in you cancelled or it was cancelled for you?

it was cancelled, I chekced the tracking and it says "Your order has been cancelled."
    is it possible to convince them to un-cancel it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,011 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

boardbro wrote: »
    it was cancelled, I chekced the tracking and it says "Your order has been cancelled."
    is it possible to convince them to un-cancel it?

Probably best to ask why it was cancelled

boardbro wrote:
    it was cancelled, I chekced the tracking and it says "Your order has been cancelled." is it possible to convince them to un-cancel it?

I just checked mine and it says order was processed being dispatched shortly. Are you sure the payment went through OK? Could be a bank error?

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

Dard23 wrote: »
    I just checked mine and it says order was processed being dispatched shortly. Are you sure the payment went through OK? Could be a bank error?

Just got the dispatch email. Ordered 2 days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭FeelingTired

Mine arrived today...but I'm abroad with work til Friday..I wanna play with it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

Mine arrived today...but I'm abroad with work til Friday..I wanna play with it now!

Did it take long from when it was dispatched?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 donegalnets

Mine was dispatched friday. .arrived today. I'm so dizzy..sitting on roller coasters all night!

Nice gadget for 50 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭FeelingTired

Ordered Thursday, dispatched Friday and arrived today

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭vjmcdonnell

All gone in Vodafone, ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

Dispatched mine on Friday. Hopefully get it today.

They don't deliver on weekends do they?

Two great deals I've gotten now on Vodafone site for Samsung gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

mine is on its way,
    Now any ideas or links to what to use it for ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Order last night, dispatched today so should hopefully have it tomorrow...

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭blackplum123

Got mine today , very impressed for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭dos29

Mine arrived yesterday but only home today to play with it. It's pretty bloody cool! Even herself was impressed with it! Here's hoping the content grows enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭marcus2000

dos29 wrote: »
    Mine arrived yesterday but only home today to play with it. It's pretty bloody cool! Even herself was impressed with it! Here's hoping the content grows enough.

I have the box here (unopened) but was wondering is it easy enough to find content? ? any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭vjmcdonnell

I'll take it if u don't want it

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭dos29

marcus2000 wrote: »
    I have the box here (unopened) but was wondering is it easy enough to find content? ? any recommendations?

I connected my S6 straight to it, but it prompts to install software for it to work. Over a hundred Mb so you'd want wifi. Have to set up an oculus account as well. Once that's all sorted, connect back up, go through short set up/intro, and then you have a decent menu system to go through including Facebook 360 vids, Netflix(I think?), a store for buying games, and your own movies and vids to view in different cinema environments.
    To be fair, I hadn't given it much thought as to how realistic it might be, but I'm very impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

The link is dead now. Presume they are all gone. I waited and waited and now it's too late :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

One huge pathetic joke with this headset is that the vast majority of the content, especially streaming movies etc is only done over wifi. It will not allow me to stream over my 4G connection. As I only have a 4G connection as there is no ADSL on my local exchange, it means I cannot use most of the stuff. I should be able to use 4g if I want.

Advertisement