Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL Super Weekend Savers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭CH3OH

was posted way back, so just a reminder

469402.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭MB05

honda boi wrote: »
    What's the coffee like anyone know?

It's Nescafe Gold Blend, one of the biggest selling branded jars of instant coffee. I don't really drink coffee but it's the one I have in my house for "visitors". I buy that one because I see lots of people in work drink it and my parents also buy it so I figure it has to be okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,836 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

MB05 wrote: »
    It's Nescafe Gold Blend, one of the biggest selling branded jars of instant coffee. I don't really drink coffee but it's the one I have in my house for "visitors". I buy that one because I see lots of people in work drink it and my parents also buy it so I figure it has to be okay.

For anyone Irish over 50 it was either that or Maxwell House when they started to drink coffee.

And even at that some people would have it for visitors only so didn't in their own words "know how to make it right" so you'd be asked to make it yoursef.

Happy days.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Tastes like coffee
    Tastes like chicken :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

The coffee was €7.99 today

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,004 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Their regular instant coffee 100g €1.99 is good, imo. The larger cheaper instant coffee is pure muck.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭tippgod

i agree. Always found Aldi coffee nicer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

I noticed that Lidl have the XXL classica and rood coffee beans in this week for 4.99 1.2kg.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

The coffee was €7.99 today

Spend it on a calendar instead...

Spend it on a calendar instead...

My point was the price says 9.99 reduced to 4.99 but it was already 7.99 :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Can we get back on track please...i dont drink coffee 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Sat 19th - Sun 20th January!
    Fallons Original Blend 500g was €1.95 now 97c.
    Hunky Dory's Cheese & Onion Crisps 6 x 25g was €2.39 now €1.19.
    Nappies 30/40/48/56 pack choose from sizes 3/4/5 or 6 was €2.99 now 1.99.
    Limescale Tablets 51 x 12g was €4.99 now €3.33.
    Wine of the Week!
    Saint Emilion Gran Cru AOC was €14.99 now €7.49.
    49698473_2255847804448434_7621237085260742656_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-1.fna&oh=29b431f0f9a4ef731d0440d7083bc33c&oe=5CD65C9A

• Registered Users Posts: 23,414 ✭✭✭✭zell12

I suspect businesses are buying plenty of the XXL range.
    My local was cleared out of Tortilla Wraps XXL €1.10 on Monday, and won't be getting more in

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

I noticed that Lidl have the XXL classica and rood coffee beans in this week for 4.99 1.2kg.

What Lidl you see these in? still not back in mine in Deans Grange.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,099 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Was the Coca Cola 6 cans for 2 euros in any of the stores I thought they were until 16th January?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Was the Coca Cola 6 cans for 2 euros in any of the stores I thought they were until 16th January?

I find those weekly food offers can often start early at Lidl!

Leslie91 wrote: »
    What Lidl you see these in? still not back in mine in Deans Grange.

In Clondalkin. Just picked up 2 bags of Rood this evening. Had lots left. Just a few bags of classica left.

Only had 24 trays for €10 this evening in Clondalkin.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AttentionBebe

I got the last 6 pack last week, it's been sold out in my local one since

Sat 26th - Sun 27th January!
    Flash All Purpose Cleaner 1L was €2.49 now €1.24.
    Coffee 500g was €3.99 now €2.66.
    Slimline/Indian 1l Tonic Water was €1.50 now 75c.
    Cranberry Juice 1l choose from Cranberry & Raspberry/Original or No Added Sugar was 89c now 44c.
    Wine of the Week!
    Chilean Chardonnay was €6.49 now €4.86.

49938927_2265760016790546_5617124054101131264_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-1.fna&oh=95cd21fb16977aced60baff7121fac8a&oe=5CD5C1F1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

Sat 26th - Sun 27th January!

Wine of the Week!
    Chilean Chardonnay was €6.49 now €4.86.

That's all I saw on the post:-)

Also for anybody interested they've 20% off a lot of there fresh fish from Today until Wednesday.
    Cod fillets €2.39.
    Coley fillets €2.15.
    Hake fillets €2.39.
    Mackerel fillets €1.99.
    Bedded Codded Cod and Haddock €2.31.
    Salmon Darnes €2.75.
    Cod with pepper and garlic €2.95.
    Salmon Darnes with pepper and garlic €3.75.
    Trout €2.63.
    Seafood mix €2.15.
    Breaded Fish Goujins €2.
    king prawns €2.39.

Prices above include reducation.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Also for anybody interested they've 20% off a lot of there fresh fish from Today until Wednesday.
    Cod fillets €2.39.
    Coley fillets €2.15.
    Hake fillets €2.39.
    Mackerel fillets €1.99.
    Bedded Codded Cod and Haddock €2.31.
    Salmon Darnes €2.75.
    Cod with pepper and garlic €2.95.
    Salmon Darnes with pepper and garlic €3.75.
    Trout €2.63.
    Seafood mix €2.15.
    Breaded Fish Goujins €2.
    king prawns €2.39.

Prices above include reducation.

Saw this, nothing looked too good and a lot of the fish was still half frozen, is this ok I wonder? Fish pre frozen, allowed half thaw/thaw, people take it home and refreeze it and eventually thaw it for cooking, I'm sure it's safe but surely quality has to suffer.

vicwatson wrote: »
    Saw this, nothing looked too good and a lot of the fish was still half frozen, is this ok I wonder? Fish pre frozen, allowed half thaw/thaw, people take it home and refreeze it and eventually thaw it for cooking, I'm sure it's safe but surely quality has to suffer.

I've got fish in supermarkets including Lidl and have being quite happy but I'd only buy it if I was happy with the look of it. It's general eaten that day or the next and not frozen.
    Most of there fish comes from Keohanes from what I know.(it did in the past)
    Lots f fish almost ends up frozen.
    Fish mongers/factories store it in ice.
    Sometimes I've noticed that it says it's not suitable for home freezing right from the supermarket stuff to the stuff you purchase at a fish mongers.

vicwatson wrote: »

When the fish is caught at sea it’s put straight on ice then it’s stored on ice in the fishmongers so it’s not a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭solderon

When the fish is caught at sea it’s put straight on ice then it’s stored on ice in the fishmongers so it’s not a problem

Massive difference between sitting on or in ice and being frozen. Think of a beer in an ice bucket versus a beer left in freezer till it's actually turned to ice.

solderon wrote: »
    Massive difference between sitting on or in ice and being frozen. Think of a beer in an ice bucket versus a beer left in freezer till it's actually turned to ice.

I think if your going to over think this you'd never buy fish from a fish monger or a supermarket because of the amount of ice it's stored once its caught!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Is there not something different in the freezing process on ships though, it's not like your average household freezer so it defrosts much the same as fresh. Or maybe I'm imagining things! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Anybody get one of the kids strollers? Any good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 OUTOFCONTROL

Bedded Codded Cod didn't Hillary Briss stock something similar years ago.

Advertisement