Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everton V Spurs

Options
  • 02-01-2016 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭

Time to get a thread going for tomorrows game,toffees not doing that well at home while our away record is good so far,another three points to keep the show on the road hopefully...........coys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

I wish I had your optimism. Moussa out will be a big loss on current form, and with Eriksen not firing on all cylinders that leaves a lot of creative work for Ali in midfield. Nabil/Mason probably won't get the start having been out for so long; so Carroll comes in?

Lukaku on great form, will be tough to stop him. Everton and the rest of the media are bigging up our title challenge, so it will be a true test of our mental resolve.

After the first 4 games this season, we were able to play with little pressure and expectation. Until the Watford game, and that performance wasn't convincing.

This is a game we always lose, but with MoPo at the helm I hope this has changed.

Heart : 3: 1 spurs
    Head: 1:1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Kimsang wrote: »
    I wish I had your optimism. Moussa out will be a big loss on current form, and with Eriksen not firing on all cylinders that leaves a lot of creative work for Ali in midfield. Nabil/Mason probably won't get the start having been out for so long; so Carroll comes in?

Lukaku on great form, will be tough to stop him. Everton and the rest of the media are bigging up our title challenge, so it will be a true test of our mental resolve.

After the first 4 games this season, we were able to play with little pressure and expectation. Until the Watford game, and that performance wasn't convincing.

This is a game we always lose, but with MoPo at the helm I hope this has changed.

Heart : 3: 1 spurs
    Head: 1:1

A draw wouldn't be a bad result.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's going to be a tough game, and i think it'll be a score draw. Two of Englands best strikers with Kane and Lukaku, but they have Deulofeu who has been creating a huge amount of chances. Our wing backs will need to on top form today, and stop any crosses being delivered.

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    A draw wouldn't be a bad result.

Agreed.

I didn't know James Mc Carthy was out though, and potentially Cleverley too. Howard's form has Toffee fan's worried too.

These might give us a boost, and we might have a chance(to win). COYS

Kiith wrote: »
    It's going to be a tough game, and i think it'll be a score draw. Two of Englands best strikers with Kane and Lukaku, but they have Deulofeu who has been creating a huge amount of chances. Our wing backs will need to on top form today, and stop any crosses being delivered.

Who do you think will start at full back? I think Trippier/Rose are the more attacking players so today we'll see walker and davies?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I'd prefer if Mason and Son start over Eriksen and Carroll. Keep Alli pushed forward, let Mason replace Dembele.

Wouldn't be too disappointed with a draw, although a win would be huge, their defence is vulnerable.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,637 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

It's important we don't lose this match.

I wouldn't mind if we set up to stop them scoring and got a 0-0 or even nicked it.

Lukaka is giving me the fear in a big way but Everton are easy to take apart themselves, and are not good at home. If the centre halves lock the big man down I'd be confident we can score a few

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Kimsang wrote: »

They haven't beaten us in the last 6 EPL games

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Everton's home form is one of the worst in the league (16th to be exact) every game is important but everyone around us won yesterday so I feel we need the win here, in reality I'd probably take a draw.with no injuries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

I wonder with Everton playing semi final midweek, could they take their eye off de ball today. Or we beat them cos we'r Fekn great, Il take either!

Ormus wrote: »
    I'd prefer if Mason and Son start over Eriksen and Carroll. Keep Alli pushed forward, let Mason replace Dembele.

Wouldn't be too disappointed with a draw, although a win would be huge, their defence is vulnerable.

Great, Carroll and Eriksen start.

Caroll needs to fight hard today if he wants to be a central midfielder.

Eriksen needs to raise his game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Ormus wrote: »
    Great, Carroll and Eriksen start.

Caroll needs to fight hard today if he wants to be a central midfielder.

Eriksen needs to raise his game.

Think we'll get well beaten today. Both players are too light weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

TEAM: Lloris (c), Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Davies; Carroll, Dier; Eriksen, Alli, Lamela; Kane #THFC #COYS

#THFC Substitutes: Vorm, Rose, Trippier, Bentaleb, Chadli, Onomah, Son
    #COYS

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Think we'll get well beaten today. Both players are too light weight.

Yeah it's worrying. Carroll for Dembele is a massive loss of power in midfield heading into a tough away game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

sh1tting myself looking at our childs mf - id take a score draw now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,261 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Happy with the back four.

Midfield of Carroll and Dier need to be at it from the start.

COYS
    ;)

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Everton: Howard; Coleman, Stones, Funes Mori, Baines; Barry, Cleverley; Lennon, Barkley, Kone; Lukaku

Substitutes: Robles, Jagielka, Mirallas, Besic, Deulofeu, Osman, Galloway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

Where is Mason? Hope Lennon doesn't raise his game

• Advertisement

They haven't beaten us in the last 6 EPL games

I meant when the pressure and expectation was on us. And spotlight like usual when we play on a sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Good ball in by Walker, hopefully Trippier showed him what he's missing from his game

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Sweet hit.

post sick, looks like howard had it covered

• Registered Users Posts: 8,261 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Ard Luck Arry
    :eek:

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Very good start so far. So close for Kane.

kane !!!!!!!!!!! so close

wtf lamela, alot of space on the right side

This is really good stuff so far, the best I've seen us play all season I think

• Advertisement

lennon nooooo

Advertisement