Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 20 Matchday Thread

Options
1232425262729»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

41 and green arrows across the board.

with Alli and Simpson on the bench, I'm quite happy with that score :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭Invincible

55pts, up to 64K
    Alli on bench

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

39 and a surprising green arrow to 165k. Alli on the bench also

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

So.

Last GW. 74. Top 10k average: 69.3. Overall average: 57. Up 25k from 203k.
    This GW. 35. Top 10k average: 37.3. Overall average: 40. Down 19k from 178k.

Summary.

5 pts above top 10k average (and 17 above overall) = 25k up.
    2 pts below top 10k average (and just 5 below overall) = 19k down.

I got it. And I feel better. People are cheating!

Now, must find a way to hunt them down.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,576 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

27. Worst game week of the season !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

38 points and a small drop of 6k to 332k. In the grand scheme of FPL it's not going to be a make or break week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

42pts and up about 30k, not bad considering the low scores this week.

Willian and the Chelsea clean sheet was a disaster for me in my main leagues today, 164 and 100 Pts behind.
    Alli and Alderweirld sitting on the bench.
    It's been a really frustrating season so far.
    Really tempted to wildcard.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Down 6k to 423k with 38 points. I really thought I would gain some ground this gameweek with Walcott (c) but not to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I'm finally in the top 100k :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

27 all out! Sees red arrows everywhere. Worse score of all in my main league

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Lots of guys using their WC? It's the 2nd one that's in action now isn't it? Surely best to hold on until DGW's, what am I missing here?

There is no right or wrong time to play a wildcard. Those that play a wildcard now will still have no problem getting 10 or 11 players out for a dgw. Those with a wildcard may get a couple more that will give them a slight advantage in that gw if playing the bench boost. If your not happy with your team now you are as well to change it. Most of us had no problem in DGW's in previous years without a wildcard. The bench boost is a new thing this year that has people thinking it's going to be a huge bonanza dgw. I'd be fairly confident of getting 11 dgw players for gw 34 with no hits I'll probably play my bench boost. Those on wildcard that play bench boost will probably have 2 or 3 players with an extra game then me. The ideal scenario is to be happy with your team now and wait but we all have different circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭JJTippBhoy

5 rises in a row. Up to 134K.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

finally watching MOTD and I am now very annoyed about the kolarov own goal!
    van aanholt shot on target but going to keeper before Richards deflects it past him . Doesn't matter as shot was on target so goal correctly given. It doesn't matter that the keeper may have saved it without the Richards touch........that's irrelevant in the rules...........
    Ben Watson's corner is going on target without kolarov touch......his touch takes it away from hart who may /may not have saved it as above ! It was on target

Similar situation few weeks back when Stanislas scored direct from corner. Martial was going to head it off the line until de gea touched it last him!
    What's the difference!???????
    anyway I've sold kolarov now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

There is no right or wrong time to play a wildcard. Those that play a wildcard now will still have no problem getting 10 or 11 players out for a dgw. Those with a wildcard may get a couple more that will give them a slight advantage in that gw if playing the bench boost. If your not happy with your team now you are as well to change it. Most of us had no problem in DGW's in previous years without a wildcard. The bench boost is a new thing this year that has people thinking it's going to be a huge bonanza dgw. I'd be fairly confident of getting 11 dgw players for gw 34 with no hits I'll probably play my bench boost. Those on wildcard that play bench boost will probably have 2 or 3 players with an extra game then me. The ideal scenario is to be happy with your team now and wait but we all have different circumstances.

Thanks for the reply, that's fair enough, I just wanted an insight into the strategic thinking, just making sure I'm not overlooking obvious things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

56 gave me a 200k rise to 575k, which is more or less where I was a few weeks ago. Breaking through 500k seems to be the hardest thing for me to do this season!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

This mythical dgw. When will it happen and who will be in it? Is it just me or has there been f all DGWs this year compared to past years?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

This mythical dgw. When will it happen and who will be in it? Is it just me or has there been f all DGWs this year compared to past years?

There will be ones created when the league cup final is drawn, thats it imo. expect only 4 clubs to be affected

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

I wouldn't rule out a cold snap in late January/ early February yet.

GW34 should be a double gameweek. And GW37 too potentially. Similar to last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

This is my first year of properly concentrating on Fantasy Football so I'm a bit confused about what the norm for the pros of FF is approaching DGW's. Is the plan to wildcard a week before the DGW in preparation and, if there are four clubs affected, bring in as much players from those four clubs and either bench boost or TC? What happens after that then? Do people slowly get rid of the excess amount of players from a single team or keep hold of them for the rest of the season?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

This is my first year of properly concentrating on Fantasy Football so I'm a bit confused about what the norm for the pros of FF is approaching DGW's. Is the plan to wildcard a week before the DGW in preparation and, if there are four clubs affected, bring in as much players from those four clubs and either bench boost or TC? What happens after that then? Do people slowly get rid of the excess amount of players from a single team or keep hold of them for the rest of the season?

Ignore them at your peril anyway, last seasons QPR/Villa DGW defined many peoples season.
    It all depends on how close the DGW is to the blank week etc, my advice as usual is to keep reading this forum and all will become clear when we know who is involved and when. Don't begin worrying yet anyway.

• Advertisement

Ignore them at your peril anyway, last seasons QPR/Villa DGW defined many peoples season.
    It all depends on how close the DGW is to the blank week etc, my advice as usual is to keep reading this forum and all will become clear when we know who is involved and when. Don't begin worrying yet anyway.

Cheers! Just the temptation to wildcard now is growing but I think I'll save it for a good run in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

?

There are never dgws before now in a season unless a PL team has a World Club Championship or something.

There is a link explaining it all in another thread. Slight chance of a double in GW25 but almost definitely the main one in GW34 and another GW37.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

There are posts and a good link in the wildcard thread. We'll know the GW25 blanks shortly while we'll know most of the landscape of DGW34 by GW26, so that is when the real planning begins.

Actually here it is.... i have it bookmarked! :)

https://fpldiva.wordpress.com/2015/12/30/guest-post-preparing-for-double-gameweek-season/

FHFC wrote: »
    There are posts and a good link in the wildcard thread. We'll know the GW25 blanks shortly while we'll know most of the landscape of DGW34 by GW26, so that is when the real planning begins.

Actually here it is.... i have it bookmarked! :)

https://fpldiva.wordpress.com/2015/12/30/guest-post-preparing-for-double-gameweek-season/

Thanks! I'm going through it now, exactly what I was looking for :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Last season was my first proper hardcore one and I found you're better off taking them seriously. I had no players from the QPR/Villa one since I was forward planning for Chelsea's and got burned bad. Even going double Liverpool mid and treble Arsenal mids for theirs I believe I still got a green arrow in both (with a -12 hit in one). So I'd say go hard on them but don't dump players you want like Mahrez or Aguero just because they don't have a double that week. Usually two from each team will see you covered

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

km79 wrote: »
    finally watching MOTD and I am now very annoyed about the kolarov own goal!
    van aanholt shot on target but going to keeper before Richards deflects it past him . Doesn't matter as shot was on target so goal correctly given. It doesn't matter that the keeper may have saved it without the Richards touch........that's irrelevant in the rules...........
    Ben Watson's corner is going on target without kolarov touch......his touch takes it away from hart who may /may not have saved it as above ! It was on target

Similar situation few weeks back when Stanislas scored direct from corner. Martial was going to head it off the line until de gea touched it last him!
    What's the difference!???????
    anyway I've sold kolarov now :D

I assume its what they call a shot, van aanholt was a shot whereas watson corner was classfied as at cross, and like the del boy incident a while back, they must have made the assumption Stanislas was shooting when he scored (i.e. he meant it).

I don't agree with it and made the point at the time, but fell on deaf ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭breffni bogballer

considering i only scored 21pts i"m delighted to have only dropped from 318k to 445k

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Dempsey wrote: »
    There will be ones created when the league cup final is drawn, thats it imo. expect only 4 clubs to be affected

The FA Cup quarter finals and semi finals also clash with League games this year so not just the Carling Cup final will effect things.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,648 ✭✭✭Cartman78

All the zombie teams did very well this week - the two highest scorers (55 points) in my work league were two Man Utd supporters who had captained Martial and also had Rooney :D:D

Neither of them have made transfers in over two months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

Despite a pretty good 44 I had an annoying GW with 23 pts on my bench from Alli, Sagna & Alderweireld.

In hindsight I'm kinda "happy" I missed out on changing my sub keeper (was eyeing Rudd uniquely for cash saving purposes). Would have been the perfectly wasted BB... It already is somehow...

Advertisement