Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 20 Matchday Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

49 for the GW. Shame about the Ozil captain fail but have to be reasonably happy. Into 100k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Alderweireld saved my week. 38pts in the end.

I feckin' benched him! The b*stard.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Azpilicueta got 1 bonus point. Unexpected :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭siblers

wonski wrote: »
    Azpilicueta got 1 bonus point. Unexpected :)

Was hoping Zouma might, he sounded impressive on the commentary I was listening to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Starting Darmian over Toby cost me 7 points.
    Such a sickener of a week

10 points from Cech
    9 from Yaya
    5 from Lukaku
    For 24 points.
    The rest contributed a measly 14 between them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Lads above me in my ML got stung with their captains this week, finally making small ground

https://gyazo.com/12495c13a7d1427e9883f0b45b520ca5

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

iroced wrote: »
    Banked transfer for me this week. Arnie was tempting for cash banking purposes but couldn't justify any of Ozil Walcott KDB Mahrez Alli out.
    Same re Ighalo With Lukaku Kane Vardy upfront.

From these 8 lads, am I right in benching Alli? His 12 pts haul away to Saints frightens me and I'm quite tempted to bench one of Kane or KDB instead...
    I was wrong. I felt it. Didn't have the balls to bench one of my premium fecker...

Punished again by strong front 8 strategy. I shouldn't have given in to it. I can never make it work. Made 3 pts thanks to Alli (from Wanyama) 2 GWs ago, got Walfail (for Deulofeu who scored) last GW (3 pts lost + 11 on captaincy, pretty sure I'd have gone with Ozil had I kept Deulofeu) and got "rewarded" by a 6 pts deficit on the bench this week. The only "positive" is the team value bonus :rolleyes:...

So. 35 pts. And gonna drop again... I can't get any momentum this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

iroced wrote: »
    I was wrong. I felt it. Didn't have the balls to bench one of my premium fecker...

Punished again by strong front 8 strategy. I shouldn't have given in to it. I can never make it work. Made 3 pts thanks to Alli (from Wanyama) 2 GWs ago, got Walfail (for Deulofeu who scored) last GW (3 pts lost + 11 on captaincy, pretty sure I'd have gone with Ozil had I kept Deulofeu) and got "rewarded" by a 6 pts deficit on the bench this week. The only "positive" is the team value bonus :rolleyes:...

So. 35 pts. And gonna drop again... I can't get any momentum this season.

Alli has been a thorn in my side. Every time I play him, nothing. Every time I've benched him, a great score. And for so cheap! If he was a tiny bit more consistent he would be my fourth mid!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Alli has been a thorn in my side. Every time I play him, nothing. Every time I've benched him, a great score. And for so cheap! If he was a tiny bit more consistent he would be my fourth mid!

Alli has my heart broken, I predicted this type of output from a long time ago and warned that he was too good to be a 5th mid, I have stupidly had him on the bench for almost all his hauls.
    I would love to know what kind of consistency you demand for a 4th mid, have a look at Alli's stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Alli has my heart broken, I predicted this type of output from a long time ago and warned that he was too good to be a 5th mid, I have stupidly had him on the bench for almost all his hauls.
    I would love to know what kind of consistency you demand for a 4th mid, have a look at Alli's stats.

:D His stats and I are well-acquainted. I was rotating him and Barkley but I sold Barkley for Arnie this week and had to justify that by benching Alli. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

2nd in pay league used his bench boost... Martin, Alder, Alli leaving him on 75 for the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

CX0qJ9RWcAAkRbP.jpg

Captain Boruc :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

CX0qJ9RWcAAkRbP.jpg

That's KevIRL's team.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

CX0qJ9RWcAAkRbP.jpg

He still only rose from 3.3m to 3.2m...

CX0qJ9RWcAAkRbP.jpg

Was about to post this...

Auto subs, too I think.

I love those top scores, every week something crazy happens to one of over 3 million players:D

Let them have it I would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

29 pts drops me to 70k. Wildcard now active.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

36 drops me from 70k to 76k.

Very tempted to wildcard even though my team is in decent enough shape.

More like top 1800 in the world, but still great result;)

Well done so far.

We will join you later in the season,

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I've risen a total of 23 places, inside the top 1800 in the world, rose one place in Ireland to be just outside top 100 in Ireland. Only got 39 so I'll take it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

50 points. Good week. Up to 720k from 850k.

But fck me Alli and Toby with another 16 first and second on my bench is still annoying.

One i could take. Both is a sickner. 64 woulda been some score this week!

Up 230k places last 2 weeks though so I'll suck it up.

Wildcard intact and staying put.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

35 is a small drop to 86k
    Back exactly where I was 2 gameweeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

GR: 3m+ but I only fall 8k places??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Dempsey wrote:

The spread is very small this week.
    The difference between a 1m and 3m GW rank is less points than usual so you won't drop as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

CX0qJ9RWcAAkRbP.jpg

PVA in defence. They know exactly what they're doing :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

42 gives me a slight green arrow (400k to 370k). I'll take it however as it's my first green in 9.

Alli first sub is annoying but I knew what I was getting into with the strong front 8 so I won't complain.

Positive week overall in terms of getting back on track.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

37 sees me pretty static, slightly down from 42k to 45k. Pretty much a nothing week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Lots of guys using their WC? It's the 2nd one that's in action now isn't it? Surely best to hold on until DGW's, what am I missing here?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

FHFC wrote: »
    50 points. Good week. Up to 720k from 850k.

But fck me Alli and Toby with another 16 first and second on my bench is still annoying.

One i could take. Both is a sickner. 64 woulda been some score this week!

Up 230k places last 2 weeks though so I'll suck it up.

Wildcard intact and staying put.

if makes you feel better, i got 56 (no hits), and only moved up 160k places, from 1.7m. Up 200k places in last 2 GW's, but thought the 56 would have brought me up more.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Dempsey wrote: »

What rank are you at?

36 sees me fall this week from 72k to 79k. Can't complain though. I went into Xmas after a poor week at 105k.

I've 2 transfers now, 5.2 million in the bank and all my chips intact.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Torricelli

A rise of 300 to 15.9k with 39. Over the moon with that after 18 yesterday.

Advertisement