Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Games Have You Completed? 2016 Edition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭da gamer

Dying light - PS4
    Assassins creed unity - PS4

Super Mario 3d World - Wii U

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭splashthecash

I've been a casual gamer since SNES days but believe it or not, the only game I've ever completed\beaten is Street Fighter 2 on the SNES. I've owned PS1\2\3 consoles and currently have 4 but never have either the desire\patience\time to devote to a game long enough to finish it. I'd pick up may 2\3 games a year but always would be trading my my other games against them...wouldn't ever amass a large collection.

It must be a short attention span or that I grow tired of new games very quickly...I'd like to have a decent list of accomplishments gaming-wise, but there you go...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

PS4
    Grand Theft Auto III
    Trials Fusion

Adding: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune [NDC] (PS4):
    Unbelievable game that's still a lot of fun. The game-play doesn't seem to be as solid as I can remember - lot of clumsy moments - but maybe it was my own errors but I can't remember playing this stupidly the last time I played.

If you missed out on Uncharted on PS3 and have a PS4, I couldn't recommend these games enough.

I'll be diving into Among Thieves tomorrow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 190 ✭✭spookmaster

Dying Light (PS4) - I really loved this game, it's full of memorable moments and playing it Co-op with my brother made it even more enjoyable. I'm excited about returning to it to play the remaining side quests.

Adding:

Until Dawn (PS4) - terrific and genuinely scary in places, the choice based mechanics work brilliantly, it's one of the most engrossing games I've played in a while. Sony would give Telltale a run for their money if they continue releasing 'butterfly effect' games as good as this one. Absolutely brilliant game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

Rise of the Tomb Raider (Xbox One) - brilliant game. I hope when it comes to PS4 it also comes with an announcement of a sequel. Balls in your court now Uncharted 4 to top this.

Saint Row 4 Re-Elected (Xbox One) - It was silly, repetitive at times but overall fun.

Ether One (PS4) - An interesting game about dementia. Very happy it exists but it got tedious near the end.

• Advertisement

Just completed A & B Scenario for Resident evil 2 on Gamecube. Been so long since I played it. Such a great game to this day.
    In the middle of playing Killer 7 on GC also now. Really impressed so far. I like most of Suda51 stuff anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just finished Sonic 2 for the first time last night.
    Such a cracking game!

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

I've just 100% completed Metal Gear Solid V going by the games completion counter. Did the same with Ground Zeroes as well. First games I'v ever bothered to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Beastermc

Final fantasy VII, never gets old for me. On now to X, the only other one I've ever completed!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Reminds me I have years old saves on both Rogue Galaxy and Dragon Quest VIII, both on PS2, must get back to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Decided to bail out of Witcher 3 for a few hours and complete a few games from a long list and the reviews are crappish because they're mostly reviewing ideas of games/flash games and as these games were basically made to be played via Kongregate as a kind of fulfilling time-waste.
    Huge fan of Super Meat Boy so had to give them a go after having them in the library for so long.

From the Binding of Isaac Basement Collection.

Coil: Cute, but much more time was spent on the art than the programming. Very little to it besides a hint of desperation for human contact or the desperation most feel for it or the disgust we feel in wanting it. I suppose that gives it a bit of depth. It's open to interpretation to the point where I have multiple interpretation myself, but it's still not a great game, just a good art-piece.

Aether: Cute. Should've-been a sidegame really. Could feasibly be resurrected as such in a future game. Far too short with too repetive of a mechanic and very little to compel you to the end.

Time Fcuk: Really good. Music becomes terribly repetitive far too quickly as you'd expect from a game with one very basic tune, but mute it, play you own music with the sound over it.
    Great game with an easy intro and high learning curve as layers build and you have to remember where you were a couple of steps back if you want to finish a small screen in a reasonable amount of time.
    Portal-esque in some places (second guessing multiple choices that have to be made at the same time) and like Super Meat Boy without the fluidity in others (SMB was generally very well-timed towards you getting a good start and carrying through on your actions with timing & confidence).

Now! Back to W3. Should have it completed before 2017's 'Completed Games' thread, time permitting (30hrs in having owned it 3 months).

Dying light - PS4

Call of duty black ops 2 - Wii U

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Finished Dying Light last night.

Really enjoyed the game, story was very predictable. I'm not one to go for 100% completion but may have to take a visit back to Harran.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Finished Dying Light last night.

Really enjoyed the game, story was very predictable. I'm not one to go for 100% completion but may have to take a visit back to Harran.

da gamer wrote: »
    Dying light - PS4

Did you not see the post from the mod about just listing games?

Try to give a quick summary of what you thought of the games.

You seem to be the only one so far just listing which is no interest to anyone.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Resident Evil 0 completed on normal difficulty. More challenging than RE HD Remake, that's for sure, good game overall but the inventory system is incredible annoying.

Dying light - PS4

Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes - PS4

PS4
    Grand Theft Auto III
    Trials Fusion
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune [NDC]

Adding:
    Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PS4):
    Got 100% as well. The only thing is - I doubt I'll get a Platinum for this, as one of the trophies involves achieving the Godfather Criminal Rating.... Which, if you've ever seen what is required to achieve it, you'll know it's a ridiculously lengthy task. I probably won't ever get it, but at least I finished the core game to the end. Really happy with this as this is the first time I've gotten 100% on this game in a legit manner, as I did with GTA III as well.

MSzODSml.png

Personal Note: This has turned out to be a great year for me already, gaming-wise, as I'm actually finishing my games :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Child of Light
    The Silent Age
    Scribblenauts Unlimited
    Undertale

Finished Enslaved:Odyssey to the West which is a pretty good game. I loved how nice the levels looked though theres a not a lot of enemy variety even with the games bosses. The Pigsys Perfect 10 addon isnt bad either with a more stealthy approach compared to the main game.

Also finished Dream. I wouldnt recommend this one. Very buggy and while the idea of exploring dreams is good its not executed very well.

Just finished Rise of The Tomb Raider on X1

Shared some thoughts in its own thread.

Now to finish Killer 7 & Mad Max

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Just got through The Order 1886.
    It's not horrible, not good either, a lot of the criticism around it's release is valid, it's short and it's essentially a rail shooter with a little quick time thrown in.
    It also got a lot of acclaim for how good it looks, now don't get me wrong, it looks pretty good. However it's not a technical marvel by any means, it's more a triumph of art and art design than it is sheer rendering horsepower.

The Order 1886 (PS4)
    Pony Island (PC)
    Her Story (PC)

Azza wrote: »
    Resident Evil 0 completed on normal difficulty. More challenging than RE HD Remake, that's for sure, good game overall but the inventory system is incredible annoying.

Such time pissed away dropping and picking stuff up again it's so painful at times

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Such time pissed away dropping and picking stuff up again it's so painful at times

Have you played the witcher 3 mick? some amount of inventory management in that, theres pages and pages of the stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

PS3:
    Bioshock 2 and Minerva's Den
    Battlefied 3

Adding
    Medal of Honour: Warfighter: Got this with PS Plus and played through the campaign pretty quickly. Not as bad as I thought it might be but not earth shattering either. It was pretty much a rail shooter but it was enjoyable enough in parts. I probably won't remember anything about in a couple of months time.

Crysis 2: I enjoyed this for the most part and the cloaking and armour options were fun but the AI was pretty terrible and the ending was very underwhelming. I think that's probably enough FPS for the time being…

PS Vita:
    Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken

Android:
    Monument Valley

Have you played the witcher 3 mick? some amount of inventory management in that, theres pages and pages of the stuff.

No, and I'm staying clear of it. The backlog is bad enough without purchasing a 200 hour+ title tbh :pac:

Inventory management can be intuitive if done correctly like RE4 for instance. Resident Evil 0's inventory management is not intuitive at all.

PS4
    Grand Theft Auto III
    Trials Fusion
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune [NDC]
    Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

Adding: Firewatch (PS4)

Fantastic little game. Breathless-looking visuals as well - I was really impressed by the way this game looks, as well as how it plays. It's so sombre and minimalistic in its approach to deliver a brilliant story. I won't spoil too much but I was a little
    disappointed by the ending, but I probably expected too much.

Overall it was a brilliant experience and it was 17.99 well spent.

On to Unravel now. Another game I've been looking forward to for months.

(I'll eventually get to GTA and Uncharted again, I'm just taking a break)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Finally got around to playing through journey, not sure how or why it took me so long to finally play it, think I bought it on release day. Anyway, so I play a lot of endless competitive games like dota and of all thr flaws they have generally horrible communities of assholes, i felt the shared experience side of Journey was genuinely touching. I think this along with flower deserve more credit when we look at games long gone home and firewatch.

Journey (PS4)
    The Order 1886 (PS4)
    Pony Island (PC)
    Her Story (PC)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Finished Rise of the Tomb Raider the other night. Fantastic game. It's not perfect, but no game is. But it did bring me back to the original PS1 days of genuine awe at the game. It doesn't do anything really new, but what it does do, it does right. Can't wait for the next one, and hoefully if they finish out the Lara trilogy, they might get to work on a Soul Reaver reboot... One can hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

PS3:

Is Bioshock 2 worth getting? Played Bioshock and Infinite and enjoyed both but heard 2 was not very good.

• Advertisement

PS3:

Is Bioshock 2 worth getting? Played Bioshock and Infinite and enjoyed both but heard 2 was not very good.

Great game, DLC is even better

Advertisement