Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simple things you can't do/don't understand

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭masti123

Know where a letter is in the alphabet without singing the alphabet song

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

I can't fry an egg...:confused:

This is the first to genuinely baffle me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,667 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Don't be so hard on them. I only fried an egg for the first time the other day. Wasn't sure what to do once I got it on the pan. How much oil to use ? Do I flip it ? I cooked it for my wife. I wouldn't normally eat an egg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I can't fry an egg...:confused:

You're not waiting until the pan is hot enough before you add the egg.

Honestly - that's the only way you can get it wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,945 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Don't know how to change a tyre. And I'm a man. Cue lots of abuse and very weird looks whenever I bring it up (I tend not to anymore).I was shown how twice by a kind neighbour but I just couldn't keep the sequence of events in my short term memory. I know you have to jack the car up, then....remove the flat somehow, then put on the right one and tighten the screws or something...but I just don't bother now and I have gotten AA out 4 times in the last few years for a flat. They don't seem surprised at it though so maybe its more common that you think.

No throwing tomatoes please! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AT_pPlJTiyE

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭starry_eyed

Can't understand when my girlfriend goes quiet and I'm wondering why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

I don't know how to sex rabits. Can somebody please help me ?

deex wrote: »
    What are some simple/embarrassing things that you can't do or can't understand... even though you probably should?

For me, I don't have a notion how to use a fireplace. I was in a huge house fire when I was a child and as a result I grew up avoiding the idea of fire altogether. I don't know how to light a fire, and if one was already lit I wouldn't know how to tend to it, and if it was put out I wouldn't know how to clean the fireplace out. It would be less embarrassing if I was still truly traumatised by the childhood fire, but tbh, I'm not. I've dealt with it and I don't have terrifying flashbacks in the middle of the night or anything, the fact that I haven't learned is honestly just laziness, awkwardness and embarrassing! Maybe one for the new years resolutions - I mean, looking up how to do it must take what, 30 minutes maximum?!

I also don't understand WTF Bitcoins are but I pretend I do when people talk about them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs_pLbJ-JGE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

people who can't use a knife and fork simultaneously

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Sleeping. Just happens at night. Cant make myself fall asleep. Just having thoughts annndddd gone. Takes ages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Long division.
    And multiquote.
    Genuinely baffled!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

A not able to fry an egg post baffles you but the shoe laces post doesn't? :P:D

I usually just make a balls of it. Like above, I'm probably just rushing and not letting the oil get hot enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

People who feel the need to lie continuously. Baffling and worrying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

callaway92 wrote: »
    People who feel the need to lie continuously. Baffling and worrying.

Low self esteem??

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I can't whistle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

I cant reverse my car in a straight line unless I go really slowly and even then its a struggle,if someones watching Im even worse.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

I don't understand the function or proper use of fog lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

iCloud for storing my photos .

I just don't understand it at all

I don't understand the function or proper use of fog lights.

you use them when its foggy:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Colser wrote: »
    I cant reverse my car in a straight line unless I go really slowly and even then its a struggle,if someones watching Im even worse.:o

left right left right left right left right left right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Computer programming. It seems easy enough, but deadly boring. If I gave it a whirl I'd probably something something something

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

JupiterKid wrote: »
    I can't whistle.

Simple, take out your false teeth :)

pgj2015 wrote: »
    you use them when its foggy:)

He/she was taking the p1ss out of fools that always have theirs on ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 652 ✭✭✭DanielODonnell

Reverse into parking spaces, parking in tight spaced car parks in general. During driving lessns you never got to learn properly as you just used empty car parks

Colser wrote: »
    I can reverse any car at speed just using rear view and wing mirrors :) I can't understand why people have to open their drivers door and crane their neck back to reverse :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

A not able to fry an egg post baffles you but the shoe laces post doesn't? :P:D

I usually just make a balls of it. Like above, I'm probably just rushing and not letting the oil get hot enough.

I'm a bit tipsy, could have missed that post :pac:

Could be using a bad frying pan too, once you've used a decent one you'll never look back!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,667 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I don't understand people who suffer from premature ejac.........nevermind......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Sam Kade wrote: »
    I can reverse any car at speed just using rear view and wing mirrors :) I can't understand why people have to open their drivers door and crane their neck back to reverse :rolleyes:
    Well I dont do that and no prob with parking spaces but if I meet a car and we cant pass each other I will sit it out and act the brazen bitch but in reality Im ashamed of my zig zag reversing.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Low self esteem??

Yeh, that's half it I'd say. Exaggeration goes into that too.

Advertisement