Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iD Mobile - Half Price for 6 Months is Back

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

magentis wrote: »
    My missus is on tesco mobile also using the 3 network and has no such issues.I understand it has something to do with id mobiles use of the existing infrastructure.

ID use the Three network, while Tesco Mobile actually still uses the older and more reliable o2 network and masts.

Three obviously own the o2 network, but technically they still haven't completely integrated them, which explains the difference in performance between ID and TM.
    FrostyJim wrote: »
    Considering they have carphone warehouse stores in every second town in Ireland you would expect them to have made a bigger impact on the market. I think the fact they didn't have any strong launch offers didn't do them much favours.

I think they (and Virgin Media too) made a fundamental mistake on their launches. They priced they product at a high point, thinking people would sign up based on their instore presence. They were wrong and it turns out people are very price sensitive.

People just weren't willing to pay the same for Vodafone/Three/Meteor, for a less well known and less reliable new network. They needed to significantly undercut the existing companies, but they didn't do that and thus little success.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭DGRulz

Switched to them literally only last week and I'm not getting this :mad:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I've been with them since November. First 2 weeks were a disaster between network drops and billing issues. Since the turn of the year though I haven't had any issues. I regularly get 4G+ in Dublin, no drops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

I'd stick with them if they offered me an extra 6 months (I got this offer in January) but will move otherwise as the roaming situation is untenable with them.

It didn't work in the Caribbean earlier this year at all and then even worse it took about 12 hours to switch to a UK network recently when in London, tried manually in that time to no avail.

But I'd stay for the cheap prices!

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

Same position myself nearing last couple of months of 6mth deal but likely change due to roaming prices in the USA

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

I'd stick with them if they offered me an extra 6 months (I got this offer in January) but will move otherwise as the roaming situation is untenable with them.

It didn't work in the Caribbean earlier this year at all and then even worse it took about 12 hours to switch to a UK network recently when in London, tried manually in that time to no avail.

But I'd stay for the cheap prices!

im very near the end of the six months and i called them twice yesterday and asked if i stayed with them would they give me another 6 months half price.answer was no its for new customers only.
    others in here have suggested leaving for 30 days and going back?would i be then classed as a "NEW" customer?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

crazygeryy wrote: »
    im very near the end of the six months and i called them twice yesterday and asked if i stayed with them would they give me another 6 months half price.answer was no its for new customers only.
    others in here have suggested leaving for 30 days and going back?would i be then classed as a "NEW" customer?

Pretty much.

You would, but you won't get this deal. It expires 31/05

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

DGRulz wrote: »
    You would, but you won't get this deal. It expires 31/05

ahhhh damn i didnt realise that.are you sure about that?

ahhhh damn i didnt realise that.are you sure about that?

Yup.
    Half price for six months offer applies to the standard monthly charge for your iD SIM only bill pay plan. Out of bundle charges will apply. Offer ends 31/05/2016. One per customer. Excludes mobile broadband and handset sales. Network terms apply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭A Law

Nearly sure you don't have to give 30 days notice if you port to another network. I didn't anyway. Then just port back. Worked for me

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

There has been problems in the last week where the data connection almost ground to a halt for everyone accross the network. They blamed 3 for some network maintanence that needed to be done but it wasn't resolved for about 3 days. Apart from that I haven't had any problems. They're cheap and cheerful.

http://www.idmobile.ie/six-months-half-price-sim-only

Any techies give me a link to an archive of this page please, I'm getting a 404 error on it now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

vicwatson wrote: »
    Any techies give me a link to an archive of this page please, I'm getting a 404 error on it now.

From May 12th -
    https://web.archive.org/web/20160512181000/http://www.idmobile.ie/six-months-half-price-sim-only

And April 30th (the day before the quoted post)
    https://web.archive.org/web/20160430161501/http://www.idmobile.ie/six-months-half-price-sim-only

• Registered Users Posts: 8,641 ✭✭✭corks finest

Do yourself a favour,stay away from I'd,tesco much more reliable,was with I'd for a v short time last year, disaster,porting problems,data,messaging problems etc,etc,. Cheap service,but not good

Agreed 1 million percent. Steer clear. Customer Services a disaster. Requirement to set up direct debit and then they don't even take the money. Joke company.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Yup their Customer Service is the worst I have ever come across. I signed up to their last offer thinking how bad could they be, surely no company can be as bad as that. I was wrong :(

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭A Law

Maybe I've been lucky but I've never had a problem with them. With them a year. Getting ~18mbps download speed with 4G.

Maybe I've been lucky but I've never had a problem with them. With them a year. Getting ~18mbps download speed with 4G.

In the capital perhaps

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

exactly move outside the pale and you're snookered. Terrible service. No saving is worth putting up with the rubbish service. I reported them to comreg. Then I began telling everyone how crap they were on social media. Funnily enough they then agreed to refund me the money they overcharged me. Took ages though and it was a battle but I got it in the end. Stay well clear

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭T-Bird

In most cases, of I have had a problem with a service I usually get it resolved with their customer service dept. With them, I was just falling deeper and deeper. Getting different answers everytime I called. I was told I had to call into one of their stores to get it resolved, then when I did that it was no good, I had to go to original store. I did that and they said they could do nothing and called HQ and the circle started again. I just gave up and walked away. I have never done that before. But I couldn't face it any more...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,641 ✭✭✭corks finest

No way could I get anywhere near that speed in Cork city or county

• Registered Users Posts: 6,763 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I'm in Dublin. When I was with them, the speeds were usually fine apart from a couple of days where they were having problems. The main reason I left is because some people on other mnvos were unable to call/ text me. Their customer service is a utter joke, I was getting nowhere with them so I left and switched back to 3. Much happier spending €20 a month on a much more reliable service.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Guffy

Considering they have carphone warehouse stores in every second town in Ireland you would expect them to have made a bigger impact on the market. I think the fact they didn't have any strong launch offers didn't do them much favours.

More like their netweork sucks. Don't receive calls or texts and the data craps out constantly. Moved over on the first time they did it, they wouldn't release me from the contract so i just left. Tried to stay considering the deal but it is soooo bad.

And not allowed send mms messages ! Never told that on signing up. Plus they want direct debit at set up and then don't take the money because they failed in their own process subsequently, they then cut your service as you haven't paid even though there is a direct debit in place at their insistence. You get a threatening letter from them and try to reply to that customer services letter on numerous occasions and letters go ignored, next thing you know a small amount of money that you had authorised them to take has been handed over to a debt collector, who also moonlights as a solicitor and send you court proceedings to reclaim the debt. That's my horrendous experience with this shower - avoid like the plague.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

If you have never done business with these debt collectors you owe them nothing. Google them or search them out on boards. Plenty of threads on here about the debt collectors you're talking about.

I've been on ID for a little over a year now...had a couple of issues with them but they eventually get resolved. Their customer service are quite frustrating to deal with though but that's more the fault of a poorly/cheaply built network though.
    My parents are on ID now and are happy enough - all of us are on Dublin though. I'd imagine the fact they piggyback of Three doesn't help at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

I'm in Dublin. When I was with them, the speeds were usually fine apart from a couple of days where they were having problems. The main reason I left is because some people on other mnvos were unable to call/ text me. Their customer service is a utter joke, I was getting nowhere with them so I left and switched back to 3. Much happier spending €20 a month on a much more reliable service.

I had exactly the same. problem no one in work could ring me. they told me it was their problem. But they wouldn't be fixing it and then charged me through the nose for the calls I'd to return to the office. And refused to give me back my money even though it was their technical issue!

Terrible!

Advertisement