Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iD Mobile - Half Price for 6 Months is Back

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭cson

Anyone know if the bill pay contract is rolling or a fixed 12 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭themoney

Sim only is 30-days cancellation or something like that.
    If you get a plan with a phone it looked to be a fixed contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭cson

themoney wrote: »
    Sim only is 30-days cancellation or something like that.
    If you get a plan with a phone it looked to be a fixed contract.

So you could cancel a half price Sim-Only after 6 months in theory?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭themoney

You can cancel the Sim only rolling contract whenever you want but it will take 30-days

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I joined them probably a week before they did the half price offer. Boo. :(
    Moved from Vodafone and have found it all fine. Coverage fine, no outages, internet fine, voice quality very, very good (better than what I had with VF) I get 10 times the data I had with VF and 2.5 times the minutes for half the price of VF. All working fine for me.
    Don't forget that they are piggybacking off 3, who have had problems lately so there is some things which will be totally outside of their control, you always need to take this into account if you are going to sign up to an MVNO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

themoney wrote: »
    You can cancel the Sim only rolling contract whenever you want but it will take 30-days

Or within 14 days OR if they aren't providing the offered service.

I'm live now 1 day and can't get a signal in my home. Seems I'm in a "patchy" area(been on the phone about it) so I'm invoking my 14 day cancellation and heading back to the €24 meteor plan. Ah well, tried to save money but it didn't work out.

I live semi rural so network shouldn't be perfect but sitting in a small house with "emergency calls only" isnt ideal.

And I shared the deal. F sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭beecee

I've got as far as being asked for my bank details and haven't been asked if I want to keep my old number... I assume that's coming?!?

I had been planning to avail of Virgin's 4 months free, but if I can't face the thoughts of dealing with them. It's bad enough for tv!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

beecee wrote: »
    I've got as far as being asked for my bank details and haven't been asked if I want to keep my old number... I assume that's coming?!?

I had been planning to avail of Virgin's 4 months free, but if I can't face the thoughts of dealing with them. It's bad enough for tv!

You get that option when you're activating the Sim

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Been all over Dublin with this over the passed 2 days. No issues anywhere I have been. 4g is pretty good too. Same speeds mostly as with Three direct.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭beecee

Sign up was pretty painless. As mentioned you switch your number by ringing up (between 8am and 8pm)... after the call it took about an hour to switch.

The only thing not mention was setting up the APN for data. So FYI:

Name: Internet
    APN: internet
    MMC: 272
    MNC: 16
    MMS port: 8799
    APN type: default,mms

That worked for me anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Steve_hooo

Was just wondering if anyone could tell me when the plan will actually start if you order one of these? So my current bill is not up yet and wont be before this offer ends at the start of Feb so just wondering if I order the sim then will it start immediately or wait until I activate it?

Offers extended, it now ends 02/03/2016. http://www.idmobile.ie/great-billpay-offer-hp

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

My sister is still having trouble on this Network. Do the likes of Three/ID Mobile/Tesco/48 all have different coverage and coverage quality or should it be the exact same regardless of which 3 piggy backer you're with?

cormie wrote: »
    My sister is still having trouble on this Network. Do the likes of Three/ID Mobile/Tesco/48 all have different coverage and coverage quality or should it be the exact same regardless of which 3 piggy backer you're with?

Only iD offer 3G and 4G, others just have 3G. Three themselves have a 2G roaming deal with Vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 6,770 ✭✭✭DopeTech

cormie wrote: »

Tesco and lyca piggyback on the ex-02 part of the network so is more reliable apparently.

The rest including iD are using the 3 network. I'm with iD since August, its basic but I haven't had any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

I've had problems roaming, it didn't work but it was a blessing to be honest.

Other than that much better coverage than Tesco mobile and 4g is great, it's my first time using it. Plenty fast.

Cracking deal IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Thanks for the input folks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭A Law

Back running until the 31/5/16

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Im already on this deal but its finished in one month.i was thinking of leaving but i would stay if i got another 6 month s half price.is it new customers only?

crazygeryy wrote: »
    Im already on this deal but its finished in one month.i was thinking of leaving but i would stay if i got another 6 month s half price.is it new customers only?

You could always leave for 30 days and come back

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

I cancelled with this crowd.. The connection was absolutely useless .. Data connection dropping at random times . Sometimes even the cell reception would go for hours at a time . Back to meteor for me .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭jma

Is there a link? The original one is dead, at least on mobile browser and I couldn't find it on the site...

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

jma wrote: »
    Is there a link? The original one is dead, at least on mobile browser and I couldn't find it on the site...

Half price is tempting. I was with them briefly near launch, but the network seemed to drop frequently. How is it now?

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭jma

Nevermind. I see it at checkout. I would switch if anyone can vouch for their network quality. I'm happy enough with Meteor but I only just switched to them from Vf. Main motivation was to save money so this is def tempting.

You could always leave for 30 days and come back

Yea im leaving because of the terrible reception in my house and the way it goes to roaming 80% of the time.ill have a think about it thanks.

MarkR wrote: »
    Half price is tempting. I was with them briefly near launch, but the network seemed to drop frequently. How is it now?

It hasnt improved.their 4g coverage is not good IMO.

MarkR wrote: »

There has been problems in the last week where the data connection almost ground to a halt for everyone accross the network. They blamed 3 for some network maintanence that needed to be done but it wasn't resolved for about 3 days. Apart from that I haven't had any problems. They're cheap and cheerful.

http://www.idmobile.ie/six-months-half-price-sim-only

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭A Law

crazygeryy wrote: »

Port out to 24 and port back in. Takes a few days cos they have to send u a sim. Bit of a pain. I did it for the 3 free months and then the 6months half price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

id mobile are a nightmare to deal with.I am on a 2 year contract with them since october and I strongly advise people to stay well away.Constant connectivity issues with both voice and data.I tried another handset and sim still the same,access just disappears unexpectedly regardless of where you are.My missus is on tesco mobile also using the 3 network and has no such issues.I understand it has something to do with id mobiles use of the existing infrastructure.I have missed a number of very important calls because of this and have also lost money because of it!

If i Was offered 12 months for free in a 24 month contract I wouldn't do it again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

They mustn't have many customers as they seem to be running special offers constantly.

Also, still no sign of the iD Mobile Ireland app! I was told that was coming "soon" back when I was a customer last November!:pac:

• Advertisement

Niemoj wrote: »
    They mustn't have many customers as they seem to be running special offers constantly.

Also, still no sign of the iD Mobile Ireland app! I was told that was coming "soon" back when I was a customer last November!:pac:

Considering they have carphone warehouse stores in every second town in Ireland you would expect them to have made a bigger impact on the market. I think the fact they didn't have any strong launch offers didn't do them much favours.

Advertisement