Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FPL Cup

Options
  • 26-12-2015 1:44pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

Up against a guy in 879k versus my 50k. He captained Ozil and has a pretty decent team.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Up against a fellow Kane captainer. He has a double WBA defence while I have none, that'll likely decide it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

Guy I'm up against already has a 10 point lead thanks to Arnie and my -4. Both of us captained Kun and have pretty similar teams so Alli, Giroud & Ozil are the ones I need to win it. Not holding my breath!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Up against a guy ranked 939,649 places lower than me. Barkley, Vardey and Ighalo in common. My captain Mahrez to his captain Giroud.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

My opponent has Arnie and Glen Johnson, I'm not confident right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭KrakityJones

Third year in a row where I'm up against an easy opponent on paper... Then I go and do my thing which this week was turfing out Kane for Giroud. Guess who my opponent has captained...

Current score me:24 pts Opponent 47

Feck this fantasy football lark

• Advertisement

Two guesses who the guy I'm against has his VC coming in for Kun. KDB :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

My opponent is just over the 2m mark and has 4 clean sheets with Cech still to come

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Think I'm 58 vs 52 going into the final game. My Ozil vs Cech & Bellerin. He benched Ozil. No CS please.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

I'm through

My Bellerin +4 v Giroud
    Need one of these teams to keep a clean sheet!

• Advertisement

Going to be a close one, even with his KDB captain it looks like it's coming down to both our Arsenal players. I have Ozil & Giroud. He has Cech & Bellerin

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭ItsChecoTime

Need Ozil to score < 10 to go through as your man has him vice captain after Aguero's no show. Would like a bit of a cup run as I haven't got a whole lot else to play for

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

63-55 up after baps. We both have Ozil left and he also has Monreal. So I need Monreal to score 7 or less and I'm through. He had Ighalo and Clyne on the bench with 6 pts each so I'm fairly lucky to be ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

My poor opponent has 27 points all played and buttland kdb ward and woolshed on the bench.

I have 40 with belly and Ozil to go

Got through by the skin of my teeth, purely because Cech/Bellerin blanked worse than Ozil/Giroud! Hopefully it won't end up this tight in the next round!

spock. wrote:
    My Bellerin +4 v Giroud
    Need one of these teams to keep a clean sheet!

Just about through
    58-56 the final score.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I'm through beat a lad that played his bench boost.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

61-53 I win. My opponent was at 85k so a decent victory.

Completely forgot it was cup week and had taken a -8 in preperation for the festive period.

Still managed to scrape through by 3 points as my vc Kane became my captain when Aguero stayed on the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Despite my shocking week, my opponent somehow had a worse week. KDB the difference. 36-24 win. On to the next round

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Met a player 2 pts above me in the OR. Glad I managed to get through mainly thanks to captain Kane :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Usernemises

Despite my horrific choice of captain I got through, albeit against a lad that hasn't changed his team in about a month I'd say. 3 players in the red.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Collie D wrote: »
    Up against a guy ranked 939,649 places lower than me. Barkley, Vardey and Ighalo in common. My captain Mahrez to his captain Giroud.

Pathetic week for me. Beaten 54-31

Forgot to add in my -4 to the score when I was adding it up last night, ended up loosing by 4. Aguero is making it his mission to ruin my season this year :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Torricelli

Won 71-37. Poor lad fell 300k with that score.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I got through 54-51. My opponent took a 4 point hit to bring in Aguero, who didn't play.... Ouch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

What was the qualifying criteria to enter? A guy in my league with more points than me didn't qualify but I did.

Safely though to round 2 anyway and should almost be a bye week. My opponent has Rooney as captain. His entire bench in injured and has only 10 available players.

Watch me screw it up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

I finally sold mata and the lad in playing still has him at the moment
    I think we all know what's going to happen :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

My team 28k vs his 1m

He won 68-58

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jeju

scuderia wrote:
    - Woke up and for breakfast I ate 2 Weetabix’s with unsweetened almond milk and a banana. - For lunch I ate a portion of mashed potatoes with grilled chicken breast and a salad followed by a vanilla protein shake with unsweetened almond milk. - Then I went to the gym. I ran for exactly 31 mins and did 5.2km. I then did a chest workout which consisted of bench press and chest press followed with a bicep workout. To finish of my workout I did 50 sit ups. Throughout the day I randomly do pushups around the house, also. - After the gym, I ate the same as for breakfast (rice cakes and chicken with ketchup) and had a protein shake with water this time. - An hour later, I ate 3 small clementines followed by a decaf coffee with approx 30ml of skimmed milk and a heaped tea spoon of brown cane sugar.

gimmick wrote:
    What was the qualifying criteria to enter? A guy in my league with more points than me didn't qualify but I did.

Think it was the highest 1.3 million odd GW points scored in GW 17.

Advertisement